PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

FIFA 17 has 79 stadiums.
ATM i have +130 DIFFERENT stadiums with stadium server (thnks zlac,juce & nesa) :P

anyway A MUST imo is have different EDIT/OF for different game mode..
1 for offline ML
2 for offline league/tournaments
3 for online
in that way they could stop to screw up the ours EDIT on every Steam/PES update and if i want update the rosters to make transfer market i can do that over the option 2 and start with the correct rosters (not updated ) in ML with option 1
Same story about various exe... i MUST have the choice to play with 1.01 or 1.02
or 1.03 or 1.04 without any kind of limitations... (is not possible works over different ex that have totally different gameplay tweaks)
also remove limitations about REQUIRED Internet connection... No sense... Why I can't play to my game offline if I'm in the center of the sea (really happen)
Maybe remove game from Steam could be a great choice

Last edited:
They are probably making it next gen cuz they would stop supporting the PS3 version. So basically they are forced to make the PC version next gen.
Exactly our only hope! But we do not know anything about them dropping the last-gen consoles yet.

I don't think they are stopping the PS3 and XBOX 360 versions, at least until XBOX SCORPIO and PS5 come out.

i agree with chuny , see the story about ps2 , maybe a castrated version, but i don't think that they have any reason to burn a great part of the cake..

Graphics: we would like to see better lighting. More natural shade of the pitch.
Gameplay: more micro-animations; great isolation of the ball; improved inertia of movements, fully manual control of the player on manual control (so that the AI does not control the player under the cursor); improved AI individual/teamplay without a ball.
Additional modes: 2vs2
Control: optimized cursor switching, power struggle (x2 triangle), full control by the goalkeeper (on manual control), hidden tactical changes from the opponent, analog acceleration, LT/L2 super-cancel (instead of RB+RT), control of the second player in defense, less technical sliding tackle.

I highly doubt EA getting UEFA. Konami has nothing else. Unless they get a full big league. Italian league maybe, but is that enough? Not for me... I want Spanish or Italian and french league fully licensed!
The CL license is unimportant as long as they have the same amount of cutscenes/extra content the CL brings, we can just add the stuff ourselves. Adding the leagues is better, because that might mean more licensed stadiums.

The CL license is unimportant as long as they have the same amount of cutscenes/extra content the CL brings, we can just add the stuff ourselves. Adding the leagues is better, because that might mean more licensed stadiums.
what about the PS4? you can't add stadiums to it yet? that's the biggest seller is consoles so they need stadiums and licensing for consoles. PES will be like super mega baseball, unlicensed product. 20$ product.

I just hope they sort out the fundamentals first, the ones which are mentioned in footyutd's podcast before implementing brand new additions which of course need years to polish to perfection like these new tactical system which they added last year.

It seems like they get into new things every year but everything remains half finished even the basics. This is what this era of PES feels like at the moment.

I can't understand why there is a resolution limit to begin with?

Is that a problem with their engine? I don't think so. Because Metal Gear Solid V supports weird resolutions like 2880x1243 and 2304x1440

wasnt the scope is to be exclusive partner to clubs rather than leagues?
I think that the "exclusive deals" with clubs are only made with clubs of a certain level (e.g. Liverpool) so I'd expect them to try and get deals done with teams like Napoli, Lazio or Roma for example (to include fan chants, stadium, classic kits and such). I see their point in doing so: who would care if they made such a deal with Cremonese (which will be in Serie B next year)?
Then, apart from those two or three "big" clubs having the full experience, the rest of the league could be licensed as in "we give you official kits, balls, rosters and a couple of stadia: San Siro and Giuseppe Meazza".

Still better than nothing, anyway.

If they don't release the PS4/XB1 version on PC then they can forget about getting my money this year.
People keep buying their shit, so I don't think they will loose much money.

I haven't bought PES 15,16 and 17 though. But the number of people stopped buying is not high enough.

People keep buying their shit, so I don't think they will loose much money.
Why shouldn't I buy it if it's a good game (like PES 2017 is)?
I would not pay it full price if it were not on par with the PS4 version (mind you I said PS4 and not Xbox One), but it's a different thing.
If Konami released a PES 2018 for PC on par with the PS4 version (exactly on par) I would happily pay the full price for it at release. Otherwise, I'd wait and get it at a price I deem fair (provided that I like it, of course... If I don't like it I won't be buying it).

Why shouldn't I buy it if it's a good game (like PES 2017 is)?
I would not pay it full price if it were not on par with the PS4 version (mind you I said PS4 and not Xbox One), but it's a different thing.
If Konami released a PES 2018 for PC on par with the PS4 version (exactly on par) I would happily pay the full price for it at release. Otherwise, I'd wait and get it at a price I deem fair (provided that I like it, of course... If I don't like it I won't be buying it).
I'm not against you about buying this game.

But you exactly proved my point. People will buy this game and so they won't loose much money. Next gen port or not.

I'm not against you about buying this game.
But you exactly proved my point. People will buy this game and so they won't loose much money. Next gen port or not.
Yeah I wasn't against you either. It was just to show that what you say about people buying the game regardless is true, and I'm one of them.
I usually try to make up my own mind about the gameplay (especially offline gameplay) first of all, and then I evaluate the rest. The gameplay of PES 2017, especially when played against other people offline, is the best I can recall to date (and I'm pretty sure it has evolved somehow over time, it was good at release but it wasn't this good as far as I can remember).
I didn't buy it at dayone because the demo didn't completely impress me, and because paying its full price for something that was far from the full package (the one PS4 users would get) wasn't the case, but I kept an eye on it and bought as soon as it hit the price I was willing to pay for it. :)

Yeah I wasn't against you either. It was just to show that what you say about people buying the game regardless is true, and I'm one of them.
I usually try to make up my own mind about the gameplay (especially offline gameplay) first of all, and then I evaluate the rest. The gameplay of PES 2017, especially when played against other people offline, is the best I can recall to date (and I'm pretty sure it has evolved somehow over time, it was good at release but it wasn't this good as far as I can remember).
I didn't buy it at dayone because the demo didn't completely impress me, and because paying its full price for something that was far from the full package (the one PS4 users would get) wasn't the case, but I kept an eye on it and bought as soon as it hit the price I was willing to pay for it. :)
Yeah, its worth if you can get it cheap.

And the mods make the graphics look better and the faces, kits etc.

We are at 2017 and Konami can't possibly use the last gen port for PC still would they? I don't understand why PC is last gen to begin with when you use PC to make/build the game. If anything, they port/package/distribute/build the game from the PC to a specific console.

We are at 2017 and Konami can't possibly use the last gen port for PC still would they? I don't understand why PC is last gen to begin with when you use PC to make/build the game. If anything, they port/package/distribute/build the game from the PC to a specific console.
I don't think PES 2018 on PC will be another Xbox360 port. It will probably be an Android port instead this time.

Really? Have you seen how ugly Pes 2017 mobile is? Completely 2d crowd, basic textures, basic rendering.It's also much worse than Pes 2017 on Ps3 that is the version PC Pes is based on.

I think Pes 2018 PC will be based on Switch version. I really believe Pes will be out on Switch too, considering KONAMI was one of the first third party software house to support Switch at launch with Super Bomberman.

It also make sense considering we have been told that Pes 2018 PC will be much better, closer to Ps4 levels but not quite the same. Same as a probable Switch release.

Really? Have you seen how ugly Pes 2017 mobile is? Completely 2d crowd, basic textures, basic rendering.It's also much worse than Pes 2017 on Ps3 that is the version PC Pes is based on.

I think Pes 2018 PC will be based on Switch version. I really believe Pes will be out on Switch too, considering KONAMI was one of the first third party software house to support Switch at launch with Super Bomberman.

It also make sense considering we have been told that Pes 2018 PC will be much better, closer to Ps4 levels but not quite the same. Same as a probable Switch release.

I think he was being ironic, mate.

I don't even know anymore if to take seriously or not some posts :p

Back
Top Bottom