PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Maybe it's because I play on Pro that I've never noticed scripting. But now that you guys mention it, I can't remember the last time I took a penalty shot. And free kicks are rare. So, there's no way to mod this so that free kicks and penaltyies are more frequent?

You could set every team that plays against you as your rival.. it comes out with it's own set of disadvantages, but it will also give you way more free kicks.. for penalties I doubt you'll get any the same.

Go here https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/nesa24app-v1-1-download-mlyear-sider-camera-audio-gfx.78167/ in nesa pps there is a file called gameplay.ini where you can change game speed. At post 143 you can find a little tutorial on how to use it and here https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/new-camera-address-for-nesa-tool.78511/ you can find new address for last konamy update.

This is what i use
http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/ztNIHqBD/file.html
unrar it in game folder and inside pes2018\pro1 (pro2 pro3 etc) you can find a file named gameplay.xml
<Catalog>
<Cam id="c1">
<Address>142EE5830>50>38</Address>
<Value>18518</Value>
<What>double</What>
<Info>GameSpeed default values[0=18518] [1=17543] [-1=19607]</Info>
<Detail>AOB-0x78:00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 57 45 43 46</Detail>
</Cam>
<Cam id="c2">
<Address>141FF09DC</Address>
<Value>5.5</Value>
<What>float</What>
<Info>PlayerReactionSpeed=5(default)</Info>
<Detail>AOB:00 00 A0 40 00 00 00 00 65 CD CD 41 66 66 E6 45 66 66 66 46 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00</Detail>
</Cam>
</Catalog>

Value in red is used for changeing gameplay speed (18518 is default value) and value in green is used to change player reaction (5.5 is default).

Hi, incas36 Championship
I like to know more about how to configure this gameplay.xml file in PES2018.
Do you know how to change player reaction speed? I have to up value more than 5?
And you know how to change the movement of cameras? I think that camera movement are not well implemented in game and more of shoots I do I can't see them because camera is too closer to player and I like to put it a little more to the right to see what happen in front of action and not behind the players. THANK YOU soooooo much because this game is really good.:))):))):))):)))

Ok, thanks guys. Shame. Now that I've noticed I can't stop noticing it. The penalties are definitely an issue. To be honest, I don't even know how to take them! :LOL:
But to be fair, I do get fouls and free kicks. Maybe not that many but it does happen. And I can also concur that if you dribble more with the ball, which I do a lot, you can get the CPU trying to come after you more. I'm surprised nobody has figured out a way to tweak this.

Hi all,
Could you tell me how to cover ball using body which makes opponent can't steal/reach it from you ?
When you have the ball you move the LEFT stick opposite from the opponent and it "auto" shields the ball.The problem is it works rarely against CPU, over TOpPlayer difficulty, cause the AI is marking with teleporting standing tackles. When you are 'off the ball' and you want to protect the ball or the lane, you do it with super cancel "R1+R2", but it does not function, cause body physics and collisions are absent and bland this year.

P.S.: Always IMHO the "auto-shield" feature is not something new, as it was advertised and marketed this year. I can't remember exactly if it was firstly introduced in PES 4/5/6 or 2009 or 2011, but in some of these versions or in all of these, if you are playing 2p-PvP , you leave your gamepad down when you are on the ball and your opponent marks you, your player is shielding automatically.

Last edited:
When you have the ball you move the LEFT stick opposite from the opponent and it "auto" shields the ball.The problem is it works rarely against CPU
Yeah, I think you're right because if I do that all I get is the ball stripped from me in two seconds.
I played a game of PES6 yesterday and while I do love PES2018, it was night and day how much more control I had. What a great game PES6 is.

P.S.: Always IMHO the "auto-shield" feature is not something new, as it was advertised and marketed this year. I can't remember exactly if it was firstly introduced in PES 4/5/6 or 2009 or 2011, but in some of these versions or in all of these, if you are playing 2p-PvP , you leave your gamepad down when you are on the ball and your opponent marks you, your player is shielding automatically.

To tell the truth, the best autoshield I've ever seen was as old as ISS 64 and present in every Kceo game of that gen (Iss 98/2000/Perfect Strikers). Such a shame the Winning Eleven and Iss Pro games of the time didn't have something like that.. lovely feature that I think modern games still don't get as well.

Aside from this, there was a good shielding also in Pes 2009, when for the first time you could protect the ball and move towards the goal while tightly marked.. maybe it's that :) .

I was all hyped when I saw the ball protection of Pes 2018 in trailers, but unfortunately it isn't even remotely what I was hoping for.. hard to trigger and super dull in mechanics. To me Pes needs a dynamic and easily triggerable ball shielding system, like Fifa but better.

I expect Konami to take the 'auto' out of the 'shielding' this year. Something tells me there will be a lot more physicality and aggressiveness and we're going to have to shield the ball by doing something ourselves. I think it would be awesome if well done. FIFA has it but it doesn't look believable mostly because of how the AI tries to take the ball from you. Not fiercely enough. Too shy. Like they don't really want to do it. So the task isn't too hard for the player WITH the ball, it's just a walk by the beach.

I would like to see strength, pushing, shirt pulling, shoulder badging, players going kneeing the floor WHILE STILL protecting the ball and getting up. Until at some point the ref calls the foul.

I know it sounds like too much, too good to be true, but... it's 2018! We're still getting features and animations that we could have gotten for PES 2013 or 2014. Nothing lives up to the times we're living in according to the technologies available for games.

Last edited:
@Madmac79 you are totally true.I'll go a lil bit offtopic now but i always have a seperate place in my memory for the iss series in nintendo consoles as i owned snes and N64 and all the versions : iss/deluxe, iss64/98/2000.
In iss2000 (N64) especially, there were some mechanics which someone will find poor compared to today's softwares but very original and innovative for that era.They are even absent from modern days.And im speaking about :
1)shielding and shoulder-to-shoulder physical challenges.

2)The coin flip before kickoff (since snes
era)and the snow which came back in pes 5-6 and gone forever since then.

3)And some special effectsand real impact rain and wet terrain had in gameplay.If you tried to turn 90 or 180 degrees while running with your player,you were slipping down. The ball even with 2000's ultra basic game physics ,was bouncing only 2-3 times and then stuck in the heavy wet ground.These effects are appearing again in 2018 more shy and rare than 2000 but the ball bouncing in rainy terrain is more visual than physical nowadays and players slipping is more random than a consequence of changing rapidly direction.
Last but not least the Carrier mode which was the anchestor of BaL with more text-adventure style content like taking a girlfriend out in a date before weekend matches or meetings friends.
All these when KONAMi at least was more revolutionary and innovative and didnt care about MyClub Legends, coin sales and marketing tricks.I t was my main complaint even in the golden era of Pes 5/6.Why weather effects had more impact in a 00s console game( N64 )and not in the respective platforms of 2006 and 2007 (pc,ps2,xbox).

Last edited:
I would like to see strength, pushing, shirt pulling, shoulder badging, players going kneeing the floor WHILE STILL protecting the ball and getting up. Until at some point the ref calls the foul.

I know it sounds like too much, too good to be true, but... it's 2018! We're still getting features and animations that we could have gotten for PES 2013 or 2014. Nothing looks up to the times we're living in according to the technologies available for games.

A system like the one you described, obviously stats based, would be my wet dream for a soccer game..

And I'm sure both have the skills to make it, the question is do they want to?

@Madmac79 you are totally true.I'll go a lil bit offtopic now but i always have a seperate place in my memory for the iss series in nintendo consoles as i owned snes and N64 and all the versions : iss/deluxe, iss64/98/2000.
In iss2000 (N64) especially, there were some mechanics which someone will find poor compared to today's softwares but very original and innovative for that era.They are even absent from modern days.And im speaking about :
1)shielding and shoulder-to-shoulder physical challenges.

2)The coin flip before kickoff (since snes
era)and the snow which came back in pes 5-6 and gone forever since then.

3)And some special effectsand real impact rain and wet terrain had in gameplay.If you tried to turn 90 or 180 degrees while running with your player,you were slipping down. The ball even with 2000's ultra basic game physics ,was bouncing only 2-3 times and then stuck in the heavy wet ground.These effects are appearing again in 2018 more shy and rare than 2000 but the ball bouncing in rainy terrain is more visual than physical nowadays and players slipping is more random than a consequence of changing rapidly direction.
Last but not least the Carrier mode which was the anchestor of BaL with more text-adventure style content like taking a girlfriend out in a date before weekend matches or meetings friends.
All these when KONAMi at least was more revolutionary and innovative and didnt care about MyClub Legends, coin sales and marketing tricks.I t was my main complaint even in the golden era of Pes 5/6.Why weather effects had more impact in a 00s console game( N64 )and not in the respective platforms of 2006 and 2007 (pc,ps2,xbox).

I agree with all you said. Heavy weather/field condition impact is another wet dream of mine.. it's a shame that it isn't something I see either company taking interest in.

By the way, to your list of nice features about those old games, I'd add the no black screen in game.. no cut between the ball going out and a throw in or a goal kick, or a foul and a free kick.. it was all a "continous" action.. maybe somebody would find the idea tedious but I indeed loved it, it gave a great sense of immersion and "being there" in the field.

I would really love an option on a modern game to play it without black screen and the one hundred replays of every action. Just the raw sensation of simulating the tribune of a live game and not some cold/distant pay tv subscription monitor.

so many nice ideas here, but they didnt happen :( konami dont care about lovely details like in the past. main focus is about online and how to make money.

ive played this series since NES and ive seen some cool things come and go but in terms of details IMO the game stuck since years. the lovely touch isnt any more.

i ask you friends, how hard could it be to bring back cointoss in 2018 ??? just sad :/

All the dumb scripting is killing the game. It's great - a joy - to play against friends, but playing against the AI on Master League just ends up pissing you off... :(

This is my biggest problem with this game.
I really enjoy it. I love the game on the pitch and I can deal with all the flaws it got.

But the scripting...it makes me mad.
I call it the Watford/Westham scripting. Those two teams are always on the last places in the league table.
And the matches against those two are always crappy, ugly and have too many WTF-moments.

The scripting is off the charts, I agree. there is a clear distinction between Professional and all difficulty levels above that, though. On Professional the scripting is almost non-existent and a lot more subtle. it's unfortunate that the game is way too easy on that difficulty level , though.

Mhhh, don´t know. I hardly play anything else than professional and scripting is there, as I mentioned a few lines above.
But yeah, remembering playing myclub against the comp on top player and superstar.
That was even worse...

This is my biggest problem with this game.
I really enjoy it. I love the game on the pitch and I can deal with all the flaws it got.

But the scripting...it makes me mad.
I call it the Watford/Westham scripting. Those two teams are always on the last places in the league table.
And the matches against those two are always crappy, ugly and have too many WTF-moments.

Mhhh, don´t know. I hardly play anything else than professional and scripting is there, as I mentioned a few lines above.
But yeah, remembering playing myclub against the comp on top player and superstar.
That was even worse...
I don't doubt that it is there, but it is a lot more subtle and you can overcome it. A lot harder on top player and superstar and beyond. I'm not touching those difficulty levels ever again with a 10 foot pole.

@NorD. For modding in PC im not suitable to answer cause i'm playing in PS4. Maybe someone of the other guys here have a tool about this.

@elloco Yeah true and true. The sad fact is they are not only ideas in a wish-list, they are facts that were there in past games and gave the ISS/WE/PES series their original form.Solid gameplay and small football details were always the factor that made the series better over fifa or other football sims at past. And furthermore to your question "how hard is to bring back coin-toss" i would question how hard is to bring back injured players playing with yellow cross and bandages,handball,fair-play kick off and why were they removed from game at first place? Was it capacity issues?? And now it is 2018. I consider as self-evident, that they should be in game already as a good base.

@Chuny you just described the perfect game. I'm afraid it sounds like a game with not much free space for spamming sombrero flicks. :DD

And what about a stamina system with some proper depth. There are even action games/rpgs with in depth stamina systems (see: dark souls) yet in sports, where it should be a no-brainer, it's criminally shallow in both footy games. The gameplay impact is minimal (if it exists at all), you can run for days.

Sounds like science fiction in the current landscape but we can only hope.

Last edited:
To tell the truth, the best autoshield I've ever seen was as old as ISS 64 and present in every Kceo game of that gen (Iss 98/2000/Perfect Strikers).
Yeah those were brilliant games, I remember them (I still own the ISS 64 and ISS 98 cartridges myself).
Y U NO give me back scenario mode, Konami? :CRY:

If you tried to turn 90 or 180 degrees while running with your player,you were slipping down.
I remember that feature! I also mentioned it a couple of years ago while talking about PES 2016 indeed.

@Chuny you just described the perfect game. I'm afraid it sounds like a game with not much free space for spamming sombrero flicks. :DD

And what about a stamina system with some proper depth. There are even action games/rpgs with in depth stamina systems (see: dark souls) yet in sports, where it should be a no-brainer, it's criminally shallow in both footy games. The gameplay impact is minimal (if it exists at all), you can run for days.

Sounds like science fiction in the current landscape but we can only hope.
Good point but this will never, ever happen (again). Reason being microtransactions rule the game and the online crowd needs to be able to play with their favorite (expensive) players all the time regardless of stamina, stats, what have you. For this the game needs to be a homogenous blob with no discerning stats, abilities between players or teams whatsoever. the only hope we have is that the offline portion will be developed separately from the core (sadly, online nowadays) game but from a business perspective I'm afraid that is not where the money is for KONAMI.

For what it worth, I just had exiting games playing la copa del rey with Barca against Real Madrid using nesa24 realistic gameplay exe version 1.1 combined with the dt18 I shared few month ago (full manual, 25 min, -1 speed). They were easily the best games I have played with this year game. The dt18 tighten things compared with nesa exe alone. Also the cpu does more mistake when passing or shooting.

EDIT: followed by two very sh**y games. Over the top threw ball fests with nothing to do with football, come on Konami!

Last edited:
It seems that cpu "reads" our story in ML (winnings losses drws). I don't' know but an idea birth in my mind: if we try to "hide" our story? But how we can do that? All our games are recorded in the SYSTEM000. bin file. In this file are stored how many matches we are played, how many goals we have done and suffered, how many fouls done and suffered and all these statistics. So I thought: if we create a new SYSTEM.0000 and protect it from writings? For sure we cannot change permanently our settings (I mean we can change speed camera video options etc.) during the game but when we exit from the game we loss them. Instead if we play a ML our ML is stored in another file that is ML00000.bin so we don't loss it. Protecting front writing the SYSTEM000 file the game never record and store anithin about our game statistics so maybe we can reduce the cpu scripts. Sorry mates but I'm becoming mad with this script and I don't Kwon what else we can do!!!!!

Whats the best all in one patch for PC PES 2018 then?

No fake teams, players or duplicates in Master League... all that basically. Any added extras like balls etc are a bonus.

EAsy install would be nice :D

Im new to this pc gaming.
If i buy a download for steam or from CDKeys can i add option file to it?
Thanks

Last edited:
Ok... the stuttering makes me feel seek ... I don't know what is the reason! Last night we were playing clan co-op games, I was streaming and was fine, now I try a bit ML and was horrible Stuttering that hurt my head and eyes ... I know that before there were many complaints about this problem, is there a solution to date?

I use Galaxy Patch and i really Like it.

Hi
I am new to pc gaming.
I have just installed the game and want to use the galaxy patch.
Is there a link to everything I need?
Im just seeing link after link and getting confused.
Thank you

Today I reinstalled my Windows. Now the game is smooth but.. after minimizing the game, and when I try to come back the screen just start blinking for several seconds .. sometimes it's not open at all, just screen blinking. I remember I was having this problem before, some guys here too but there was some fix... is somebody remember it how!?

Back
Top Bottom