PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

According to my notes:

turf_bsm_alp_rgba32 = pitch color
pitch_alp = pitch pattern/stripes
pitch_scratch_bsm_alp = pitch scratches/mud/scuffs
Thanks for the information, I am sick of this low contrast mow patterns and Ms paint turf textures. I want to change them. Can't believe how they managed to make the turf worse compared to PES 16.

Thanks for the information, I am sick of this low contrast mow patterns and Ms paint turf textures. I want to change them. Can't believe how they managed to make the turf worse compared to PES 16.

Let me know if you manage to do so. I would love to see what you can come up with.

P.S: Some stadiums have a better mow pattern contrast. I'd suggest you try them all ingame, under the same conditions and once you find the one you like the most, use that one as the base. I've no idea if lighting files also have an effect on turfs though.

how can you get over this situation

i play in superstar difficulty. COM will doing through ball and their striker will easily get through my defenders and score.
If i choose deep defensive line, it will be reduced but they trying to play short passing and easily pass my defenders and score.

PES 2018 player switching is very slow and very wrong place.

My AI Defenders are very bad at positioning when COM plays through ball to the striker. Always do nothing to try to stop the striker get the ball , not tightly marking.

superstar is actually good for buildup, lines compress well, players are aggressive and you have to actually keep the ball and be patient to advance their midfield. i really enjoy that part, you start to value players like mousa dembele who can keep the ball with both his technique and strength. but other than that cpu cheating is frustratingly unfair. you can't beat them with speedy player but they can beat you. i have a 91 top speed\exp power player who will never outrun ~80 top speed cpu opponent, while any cpu player who has 3 points more in top speed than mine will beat him. against cpu attack any minor mistake, any lapse in concentration will result in a goal if you're playing someone stronger or similarly rated. you have to manually close all the gaps you can. but even being perfect at that wont help you much because cpu wins 7 aerial challenges out of 10 despite your defenders being more dominant skill-wise, so when they get into a crossing position it's time to pray. superstar trains you to be sharp with your reactions and timing, but it's only rewarding in a weird perverted way. a logical move would be to go one step back to top player, but it's konami and there's absolutely no balance whatsoever. scoring and advancing through midfield is no challenge at all. cpu is passive and you get tons of space, there's too many gaps my players run into for through-balls. i rarely score less than 4. their attack is okay, not very realistic but they can't surge through your defence as easily. was it really so hard for konami to at least make the cpu defend properly in top player like they did with superstar... i just can't understand that huge gap

1zzsxs6.jpg

They somehow f*** up co-op mode with this data pack. Today with friends we try to play for the first time after new data pack, from 10 attempts, 8 time connection lost and other 2 was laggy as hell. Before data pack, this mode was almost perfect for play.

Last edited:
superstar is actually good for buildup, lines compress well, players are aggressive and you have to actually keep the ball and be patient to advance their midfield. i really enjoy that part, you start to value players like mousa dembele who can keep the ball with both his technique and strength. but other than that cpu cheating is frustratingly unfair. you can't beat them with speedy player but they can beat you. i have a 91 top speed\exp power player who will never outrun ~80 top speed cpu opponent, while any cpu player who has 3 points more in top speed than mine will beat him. against cpu attack any minor mistake, any lapse in concentration will result in a goal if you're playing someone stronger or similarly rated. you have to manually close all the gaps you can. but even being perfect at that wont help you much because cpu wins 7 aerial challenges out of 10 despite your defenders being more dominant skill-wise, so when they get into a crossing position it's time to pray. superstar trains you to be sharp with your reactions and timing, but it's only rewarding in a weird perverted way. a logical move would be to go one step back to top player, but it's konami and there's absolutely no balance whatsoever. scoring and advancing through midfield is no challenge at all. cpu is passive and you get tons of space, there's too many gaps my players run into for through-balls. i rarely score less than 4. their attack is okay, not very realistic but they can't surge through your defence as easily. was it really so hard for konami to at least make the cpu defend properly in top player like they did with superstar... i just can't understand that huge gap
Exactly!!! After pes 6, every next September i remember saying “WHY KONAMI, WHY???”
Maybe, though, the best AI, after the pes6 era, was pes2013! Unfortunately, to build a challenging AI is very difficult and requires a lot of sources, time and money. For those, like my self, who likes to enjoy offline games with CPU, or with friends against the CPU the time has passed. Now it’s the multiplayer era, unfortunately, the easiest way to make a lot of money without trying hard. And also make the game simplified so little kids can play. This is the future, there are the money! Sad but true..

So I just started ML with Lyon and bought Zagadou from Dortmund. Only the guy is always staying in the midfield and is never centrally in the back. Also when the opponent has a corner he is the only one who is up the pitch. Why is this happening? He isn't the player "on attack" in the game plan.

Just had the most exciting match I've ever played against the Ai, since the games launch. Match was fun, exciting and full of memorable moments. Witnessed some brutal tackles and sublime teamplay by the Ai.

I've recently been playing only exhibition and it felt dull and repetitive but as soon as I created a new single player league something changed. It's almost like the Ai has been coded differently for each game mode.

Just for reference my Ai opponent was Chelsea.

Attachments

• PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018 27_02_2018 19_46_50.png
    PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018 27_02_2018 19_46_50.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Just had the most exciting match I've ever played against the Ai, since the games launch. Match was fun, exciting and full of memorable moments. Witnessed some brutal tackles and sublime teamplay by the Ai.

I've recently been playing only exhibition and it felt dull and repetitive but as soon as I created a new single player league something changed. It's almost like the Ai has been coded differently for each game mode.

Just for reference my Ai opponent was Chelsea.

Are you talking about Konami League? Or justa Premier League with cups (Not Master League)?

No man, sorry. I just can't enjoy the gameplay of Pes 18. So I can't find any motivation for doing anything with Pes 18 at the moment.

Guys, i don't want to be catastrophist, but as i say since september... if we don't MAIL BOMB Konami via Official Site inquiries... PES2019 probably would be handicapped like this one... Lack of fouls, no penalties, no.sense sequence "home/away" in league fixtures, heavy scripts that change a low pass to the right in a through pass to the left if the CPU has to score... and so on... it all are BUGS, B.U.G.S. , in a 2018 game.
When i opened the thread to purpose a mailing-bomb, someone had the courage to justify some lacks...

Back
Top Bottom