PES 2018: LIVE BROADCAST CAMERA. Please vote!

What do you think about the Broadcast Camera Close-Cuts (Automatic Zooming)?

• The close-cuts ruin an otherwise great camera. Can't use it because of that!

Votes: 135 89.4%
  • I like it the way it is. I wouldn't remove the close-cuts.

Votes: 16 10.6%

• Total voters
Wow i'm far too late I suppose, ok here goes:

I voted to keep it and this thread annoys me, why?

I got into pes BECAUSE of its camera, BECAUSE it acted like a, hmmm, now, wait let me se what was the reason .....

Oh yeh ...

Because its bloody called a "LIVE BROADCAST CAMERA"

Not a "TV view" ... last time I watched a real life * cough * LIVE BROADCAST camera, they have the main pan cameraman, with 2-3 on the sideline camera men, when the play is far top/far left/bottom far left/bottom far right ... guess what ... the LIVE BROADCAST editor/director cuts the feed to these zoomed in camera men, EXACTLY how this camera mode functions... and I will highlight just once more "LIVE BROADCAST" camera mode acts in pes and very accurately.

So to Adam and Co - leave it well alone and introduce a "TV camera" option which mimics just the main camera man, better still be less lazy to fix what isn't broken to pander and take leaf out of NBA2k's book.

Leave it and add another mode for the "non zoomers" as "TV view".

People forget this is a "mode" separate from all the other fixed gameplay cameras, ive never seen this as a gameplay camera but a real life cam mode to watch a match. a non zooming not cutting pan camera (which you want) is simply another added camera type in the list ... so the vote should be what would it be classed and as I say "TV camera".

I think adam and this thread is looking at it from the wrong direction and if this thread is a big influence its a poor one.

Vote for a new "gameplay" camera called "TV camera" this is what you use to have what you need and let the broadcast be exactly what it says it is.

Ok I had my moment, PHEW!

Last edited:
Wow i'm far too late I suppose, ok here goes:

I voted to keep it and this thread annoys me, why?

I got into pes BECAUSE of its camera, BECAUSE it acted like a, hmmm, now, wait let me se what was the reason .....

Oh yeh ...

Because its bloody called a "LIVE BROADCAST CAMERA"

Not a "TV view" ... last time I watched a real life * cough * LIVE BROADCAST camera, they have the main pan cameraman, with 2-3 on the sideline camera men, when the play is far top/far left/bottom far left/bottom far right ... guess what ... the LIVE BROADCAST editor/director cuts the feed to these zoomed in camera men, EXACTLY how this camera mode functions... and I will highlight just once more "LIVE BROADCAST" camera mode acts in pes and very accurately.

So to Adam and Co - leave it well alone and introduce a "TV camera" option which mimics just the main camera man, better still be less lazy to fix what isn't broken to pander and take leaf out of NBA2k's book.

Leave it and add another mode for the "non zoomers" as "TV view".

People forget this is a "mode" separate from all the other fixed gameplay cameras, ive never seen this as a gameplay camera but a real life cam mode to watch a match. a non zooming not cutting pan camera (which you want) is simply another added camera type in the list ... so the vote should be what would it be classed and as I say "TV camera",
You nailed it.

Why remove the only special camera. It's like removing sunset, snow and all other special weathers...

But apparently, voting to keep this camera same as before makes us Trump supporters xD

No! You can vote for whatever you want!
You are entitled to your own opinion and we respectfully disagree.

97 vs 11......

...I'm just saying!

I never stated we can vote for whatever we want, Im stating this is a flawed approach giving a pretty much inevitable outcome, one of which I respectfully disagree with due to this.

So there is zero wiggle room for a new camera mode to give exactly what is being asked for, thus ADDING to the game and not removing?

Thats my point of this thread, why not ask people "would you like a tv camera mode that doesn't do XYZ" you would have the same results and, still a broadcast camera.

Its a loaded thread.

I never stated we can vote for whatever we want, Im stating this is a flawed approach giving a pretty much inevitable outcome, one of which I respectfully disagree with due to this.

For your peace of mind, Adam told me that should they modify this camera, they will add an option to Enable/Disable the Close-Cuts from within the menu. So everybody will be happy.

They won't just remove it, because they don't want the (minority of the) fans who actually like it as is, to be pissed off.

However, it's low on their priority list, so we may not even see a change at all.

Shit Chuny!!! Please qualify that in your first post mate, as it reads like we vote for it to vanish :)

So then im cool with it and will now proceed to shut up.

That's because when Adam asked me to run this poll, it was in fact a choice of whether to keep the close-cuts or to remove them.

But I reported how this was going, he told me he didn't want to piss them off by removing it. Even if they represent a small portion compared to the amount of fans that would like it to be removed.

So they MAY OR MAY NOT add an option to Enable/Disable them. But unfortunately, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Unless we all start tweeting about this option to Adam and Officialpes.

Well I guess Im glad I had moment here and glad you posted that to explain further, I get it, cheers for the details.

*hint* tweet my post */hint* :)

By the by... I REALLY made an effort yesterday trying to play with this current Live Broadcast camera.
Couldn't go further than 5 minutes with it. It made me completely dizzy. I felt disoriented and confused all the time.

Well from the early days of fifa I have really never thought of broadcast modes as "gameplay" anyway I never use it for that, I use it for manager mode/AI v AI so you can kick back and watch like TV, all other camera cater for gameplay .. well thats how ive always looked at it. Effectively we are wanting a TV camera as I mentioned then you can have that "look" without the sickbag moments :)

In my view this boils down to using the wrong cam for whats needed, not that broadcast is in anyway wrong.

Well from the early days of fifa I have really never thought of broadcast modes as "gameplay" anyway I never use it for that, I use it for manager mode/AI v AI so you can kick back and watch like TV, all other camera cater for gameplay .. well thats how ive always looked at it. Effectively we are wanting a TV camera as I mentioned then you can have that "look" without the sickbag moments :)

In my view his boils down to suing the wrong cam for whats needed, not that broadcast is in anyway wrong.

Hope you can make some pitches for PES this year.
I still think your work on PES 2016 was very good. One of the best Turfs pack I've seen.

LOL tangent!

Briefly off topic, thanks mate means a lot I did spend stupid hours on that. BYW it works for 2017 still. I will slowly drag it into 2018 but may be something like after crimbo as a release.

.. on topic ..... Bloody broadcast cameras!!!!! :)

LOL tangent!

Briefly off topic, thanks mate means a lot I did spend stupid hours on that. BYW it works for 2017 still. I will slowly drag it into 2018 but may be something like after crimbo as a release.

.. on topic ..... Bloody broadcast cameras!!!!! :)

OK then.

PES 2018 lacks proper Camera and customization.
Watch any match of any league and you'll see none of the camera in PES resamblance any proper real life TV Broadcast camera.

I'm watching ManCity VS Shaktar Donetsk right now and I wish we could have a camera like that in PES.
Or at least @juce and @nesa24 release something to edit cameras soon!

My vote: Remove auto zoom (close up)and if possible add sliders to edit height and zoom

This would be the best camera ever released for a football game IF it wasn't for the damn close ups. First time I played this Pes on broadcast it gave me the chills for how real it all looks. This until you have to face the sudden change of angle. For as much as I try, I can't force myself to play with those zooms, it feel so off.

I don't buy either that they don't want to disrespect the minority of fans by changing the camera.. a MAJORITY of fans was way more upset by the change in fouls.. yet they don't seem to give a damn.. I'm more inclined to believe it is just laziness which prevent them to include a simple option to turn on/off the zooms that would make everybody happy..

I only play with the Broadcast Camera. Here's a nice review you can watch:
My issue with the Broadcast Camera is that it's too zoomed in and low. It needs to have zoom out and height options. Sometimes I'm the edge of the box and still can't see the goal. Otherwise, I think the abrupt zooms help see the action on the far side.

Last edited:
Hello everybody!

I would love to get your input on this particular matter.
Adam asked me to do this in order to make a decision along the Devs. Whether to keep the Live Broadcast Camera as it is now (and has been for several years) or to remove the Close-Cuts from it which for some of us are so annoying and make you feel kind of dizzy.

Please vote and feel free to drop a comment below explaining why you voted the way you did.

This is strictly for the available gameplay camera. Not for replays or cutscenes.

Poll will only last for two days, so hurry up.

Thank you very much.

BTW, in case you are wondering: This is what I'm talking about when I say Close-Cuts or automatic Zooming:

DIgZR9QWsAANrER.jpg

Its done
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/tool-pes18-broadcast-camera-zoom-disabler.78199/

Back
Top Bottom