PES 2018 BEST Graphics Configuration

vulturu0707

League 1
25 August 2008
Hi guys

I thought it would be useful to have a topic on what are the best settings for smoothly running PES 2018 on various configurations. For example I still haven't sorted out what the best settings are for my config so still have to play about with the low/high settings.

Thanks.

p.s. if someone knows the meanings of all the render settings, such as "cloth simulation", could you please note them down here.

Last edited:
My settings:

Everything maxed out [With TAA aswell] except motion blur.

Resolution: 2880x1800

Hi guys

I thought it would be useful to have a topic on what are the best settings for smoothly running PES 2018 on various configurations. For example I still haven't sorted out what the best settings are for my config so still have to play about with the low/high settings.

Thanks.

p.s. if someone knows the meanings of all the render settings, such as "cloth simulation", could you please note them down here.
When you enable Cloth simulation: The shirt and pant's 3D model bounce [Not much visible compared to PES 17 ng]. The cloth wrinkles/creases moves regardless.

Im actually quite annoyed with the cloth simulation on PC, even with the setting on it barely bounces... But on the ps4 version it bounces a lot. Not sure why theres a difference between the two

I wouldn't go that far, I still think aside from cloth simulation that it's the best looking version of PES, easily. I just don't get why cloth simulation is not the same as on PS4
I forgot to mention, locking to 30 FPS improves the cloth physics to some extent.

So I guess the physics bugs out with 60 FPS? If this is the case, I hope Konami fix cloth for 60 FPS.

I wouldn't go that far, I still think aside from cloth simulation that it's the best looking version of PES, easily. I just don't get why cloth simulation is not the same as on PS4

The best version of clothes physics in PES was PES 2014. Is a fact, the gameplay maybe no, but visually still now there some aspects better than 2018 (which is a shame with the actual hardware and consoles)

Last edited:
Hi,

My new specs are Ryzen 7 1700x 8 cores & GTX1060 OC 6Gig Vram Win 10.

As you can imagine it runs 60fps at 1080p + all full high settings .... however to my surprise I get micro stutter on camera pan like I used to experience on a laptop on-board graphics! (LOL).

I tried setting affinity of exe process to lesser cores which stopped the micro stutter but then introduced large freezing of the entire game every 10 seconds or so. Finally my solution was to set the process priority of the exe to "realtime" - anything less is camera stutter.

So it shows that even on a decent rig you have to mess about with this game.

I forgot to mention, locking to 30 FPS improves the cloth physics to some extent.

So I guess the physics bugs out with 60 FPS? If this is the case, I hope Konami fix cloth for 60 FPS.

just tried it, it does improve but only slightly... Still not as good as on ps4 unfortunately. good tip though

** Note this is assuming you have everything set to high setting in game.

I can confirm one definite difference, if you set Replays & Demo under settings to 30 FPS motion blur is much better and more prominent to what ive seen on PS4 videos and the cloth physics I would say is also more prominent and overall it looks more smooth, switch to 60FPS and motion blur seems to only effect far field distance near field looks very much pes2017 PC, also shorts and lower shirt physics seem to be more tighter.

Put it this way there is a marked difference in replays when setting that to 30FPS that looks far better than setting it to 60FPS. Also strangely my FPS is no worse setting it to 30 anyway.

So if you currently want "ps4" look for replays etc and expecting it to look like ps4 videos then fix that to 30FPS ... and yes I see that as a bug, as capping FPS has sweet F.A to do with physics setting and motion blur.

My only thinking is that Konami feel true 60FPS can be effected with full motion blur and physics which would be stupid because if your confident your rig will run at solid 60 then it will handle it, im guessing though.

BTW Setting gameplay to 30fps did nothing (apart from give me awful choppy frames), couldn't see any change to cloth physics when playing a game on pitch (wish it looked like it did in pes2014 TBH) so that doesn't have the same effect.

To me having gameplay = 60 fps and Replays & Demo = 30 FPS its where it should be to the point that now I love to cause fouls and get free kicks just for the replays :)

Last edited:
Hell no, no way I'm gonna use 30 FPS replays and cutscenes. I didn't bought a 1800$ PC for playing at 30 FPS. If that was my target, I would bought a Ps4.

Konami needs to fix the physics for 60 FPS since most PCs can run the cutscenes at 60 FPS and also then at 30 FPS the cloth will be much better. So it's a win win.

Oh by the way, 30 FPS lock doesn't work at all if I set it ia settings. I had to lock framerate via RTSS which makes gameplay 30 FPS and also causes stutters.

Yea same here, setting replays to 30fps didn't really knock the replays down to 30fps. It was still running at 60 for me but with more stuttering than usual. Cloth physics only improved ever so slightly.

Yea same here, setting replays to 30fps didn't really knock the replays down to 30fps. It was still running at 60 for me but with more stuttering than usual. Cloth physics only improved ever so slightly.
For NVIDIA user set vsync : "Use the 3D application setting" don't force on. replay will run in 30fps, if you set replay to 30fps, and no stuttering..

For NVIDIA user set vsync : "Use the 3D application setting" don't force on. replay will run in 30fps, if you set replay to 30fps, and no stuttering..

Interesting, I'll give it a try and report back. Thanks for this!

EDIT: @sonny dastan I just gave it a try, worked like a charm. The cloth physics are exactly like PS4 now, and gameplay stays at 60fps. Still wish the cloth would work at 60fps, but this'll do for now. Hopefully they will patch it soon

Last edited:
@sonny dastan For some reason my replays went back to 60fps and I can't get it back to 30. One day I just turned my pc on and ran the game and it was 60... Any idea what could've happened? My Nvidia control panel is still set to "Use 3D application setting".

@sonny dastan For some reason my replays went back to 60fps and I can't get it back to 30. One day I just turned my pc on and ran the game and it was 60... Any idea what could've happened? My Nvidia control panel is still set to "Use 3D application setting".

In settings.exe you must choose "Replays & Demo" to 30 fps

Okay, after testing for a while I've figured out that TAA doesn't affect framerates as much as Motion blur lol.

So my new configuration is:

Everything on High with TAA.

Only Motion Blur is disabled. And now I can manage locked 60 FPS even on cutscenes.

Edit: I've also forced 2x Multisampled [Override App settings] using NVCP but I don't think its making any difference. Also, forced 16x Anisotropic filtering.

Hi,

My new specs are Ryzen 7 1700x 8 cores & GTX1060 OC 6Gig Vram Win 10.

As you can imagine it runs 60fps at 1080p + all full high settings .... however to my surprise I get micro stutter on camera pan like I used to experience on a laptop on-board graphics! (LOL).

I tried setting affinity of exe process to lesser cores which stopped the micro stutter but then introduced large freezing of the entire game every 10 seconds or so. Finally my solution was to set the process priority of the exe to "realtime" - anything less is camera stutter.

So it shows that even on a decent rig you have to mess about with this game.
Last week my ATI R9 290 Tri-X 4 Gb has broken down, so I bought the same graphics card like yours and got same issues. 60 FPS but micro stutter. I've tried many things, but what mostly helped was setting VSync in Nvidia Control Panel to "On" and playing PES 2018 in windows mode. That works fine for me, however to get again "full screen" (while using window mode) I've used WindowedBorderlessGaming.
Setting the affinity of the process did not helped.

I had same issues for PES 2017 with my ATI graphics card, but PES 2018 worked flawlessly with my R9 290, however PES 2018 does not (with my GTX 1060), except I do the above.

Back
Top Bottom