PES 2017 shooting

Daisuk

Yiddo
22 October 2002
Oslo
Tottenham Hotspur
What kind of shot mode do you prefer to use in PES 2017, and why? I've been going between basic, advanced and manual. I guess I prefer advanced shooting at this point, but find it difficult to master or even find a logic behind how it works sometimes. Just pointing it towards one of the corners, for instance, never works - just forget it, you'll shoot wide. Scoring from outside the box is very difficult, and often I blast it wide or the keeper saves.

I've seen some shooting guides for PES 2016, but they don't seem to apply for PES 2017. Anyone care to share some light on how they shoot this year? I've found it's one of the aspects of the game I really struggle with. Basic shooting just seems too limited outside the box, I don't think I've scored a single one (scored a few with advanced shooting though).

Im using advanced but will try manual once ive gotten used to the rest of the gameplay. Its tricky but so satisfying. A lot of it is how you approach the ball when youre about to shoot. Timing. Thats all i can say really

Im using advanced but will try manual once ive gotten used to the rest of the gameplay. Its tricky but so satisfying. A lot of it is how you approach the ball when youre about to shoot. Timing. Thats all i can say really

Thanks. Does the exact moment you release the shot button have anything to say? I used to know shit like this with earlier versions, just haven't played a new footy game for a few years. :P

I just don't get why 'towards goal' is 'height' in Konami's minds. I guess I'll eventually get used to it, but at present any time I'm running towards goal and trying to shoot - which is like 90% of my shots - I have to do some crazy thumb gymnastics to make sure you pull back on the controller.

In training mode I can hit the crossbar at least 50% of the time with just the shoot button and no direction. Seems kind of broken to me to be honest. On 'Advanced'.

You can hit amazing long distance daisy cutters by holding back towards the halfway line when you shoot from distance, but it's just so counterintuitive for me.

Beachryan....
Hi m8 I'm struggling too with advanced shooting but I'm going to keep going with it because basic to me feels scripted sometimes.but what I've learned over time is....power up before directing your shots.
Also straight up or straight down equal's left middle and right middle.i think its best to aim bottom corners or up and down for the middle shots.
I only aim for top corners when I'm at least 30 yards out.and just a touch of power.but middle works best for me any where on the pitch.aiming top corner in the box just doesn't work.
Hope that helps.....

I don't get advanced shooting at all. I just see a huge circle appear in the goal and have no idea what I'm meant to do with it.

Oddly I'm sure it only appears 2nd half. Might be wrong though.

here's an excellent video for advanced shooting
but remember in the video they are using Barcelona!
so you'll have to a just it a little with the power and distance of your shots according to what team and players your using.

also you can aim stright up or stright down for left middle and right middle of the goal. i think these work better than aiming top corners in and around the box. which seems to always hit the bar or go over it.
let me know what you think:TU:

Last edited:
here's an excellent video for advanced shooting
but remember in the video they are using Barcelona!
so you'll have to a just it a little with the power and distance of your shots according to what team and players your using.

also you can aim stright up or stright down for left middle and right middle of the goal. i think these work better than aiming top corners in and around the box. which seems to always hit the bar or go over it.
let me know what you think:TU:

Not sure I agree it's such an excellent tutorial video. It just shows the basics, which are quite self explanatory anyway. The clue to figuring it out is in the details, if you do just like its explained in the video there, you'll shoot wide 49 out of 50 times. The clue is to find the right balanced aim, which feels very unnatural, in my opinion.

I've gone back to basic shooting. It's not great, but just feels better to use than advanced shooting.

Not sure I agree it's such an excellent tutorial video. It just shows the basics, which are quite self explanatory anyway. The clue to figuring it out is in the details, if you do just like its explained in the video there, you'll shoot wide 49 out of 50 times. The clue is to find the right balanced aim, which feels very unnatural, in my opinion.

I've gone back to basic shooting. It's not great, but just feels better to use than advanced shooting.

sorry if you don't agree but its the only video i could find on advanced shooting for pes 2017.
and i did say in my post that you'll have to adjust the power and distance a little according to which player your using.
because in the video they are using Barcelona which happen to be the best team in the game
with the three best forwards.and because of this there finishing stats are going to be of a higher standard than the average player.

also have you tried aiming straight up or straight down for the left and right middle of the goal shots
i think these work very well for any player in the game.

but i do agree with you it is counter productive to aim backwards to the way your facing for low shots.
i really wish they would bring back pressing triangle just before you strike the ball for low shots.

i will be asking them to add this back in the game for future pes's
basic shooting just feels a bit scripted to me.i just like being in control of my shots.
and by the way your welcome.

Last edited:
Hey man, I didn't mean my comment against you in any way, and thanks for posting the video. :) I just thought the video didn't really explain anything, and wanted to write that. I do feel there's more variety to shots in advanced mode, it's just a bit weird to use.

Lately I've stopped using manual and have gone back to basic.

Using manual led me to having some bad habits, like constantly shooting outside the box because I found it very easy to test the keeper. This is completely personal but on basic I at least feel as if I have to work it inside the box before I can shoot, which is a challenge itself on Superstar.

Also feels kind of like channelling my inner Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Back
Top Bottom