PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I love the way sneaky fuckers can go to corner flag and just sit there to kill time when winning. Such small details but im always smiling to myself thinking - "sneaky, sneaky..."
Right after that im usually breaking their both legs with sliding tackle.. :LOL:

I love the way sneaky fuckers can go to corner flag and just sit there to kill time when winning. Such small details but im always smiling to myself thinking - "sneaky, sneaky..."
Right after that im usually breaking their both legs with sliding tackle.. :LOL:
:D yeah man! love those situations!
breaking their leg (if you cant hold it anymore, or being behind), getting a straight red card, other players coming together as a pack moaning (pushing animations and such), several yellow cards for them too... side linie ref coming to help out the main ref... fans in the stands going crazy (riot like)... foreign objects getting thrown on the pitch... the bench is on his toes too...
the game goes on, the agression level is raised (automaticaly), the whole team is now more agressive... the fans are louder...
just a lifelike outcome... man, that would be the cherry on top!
as one user here said not to long ago: one can dream, right!? :D

edit: man, what i would give to get together with some of you guys for a couple of weeks to help konami make this game great again!

Question: did I hear the fans screaming “hey” for every successful pass I made, when leading 2:0 in the final minutes?! I could swear they cheered on every successful pass I made when trying to keep possession in the dying minutes. You know, like in real life.
Could be just regular fan noise or chants... but it sounded like the above.

Question: did I hear the fans screaming “hey” for every successful pass I made, when leading 2:0 in the final minutes?! I could swear they cheered on every successful pass I made when trying to keep possession in the dying minutes. You know, like in real life.
Could be just regular fan noise or chants... but it sounded like the above.
I have listened the same, in past game, not sure again if 17 or previous, it is removed for sure since 2018. When you make the in-game achievement (over 20 and after 40-50 consecutive successful passes, the one which gives you GP as prize in the top-right corner of the screen), the crowd starts applauding you, they are cheering "Hey-Hey" after every successful pass or "OLE-OLE", still not sure.
It happened in games too,when in last minutes i was the same as you, i was fair-play-passing around the ball until the clock finishes, when i won 2-0 , 3-0 and did not want to humiliate the opponent, with a bigger score.

Last edited:
First two games of football in almost 2,5 months for me last night.
Won Vs PSV in a group stage game in the CL,then I beat Roma 3-1.
The Roma game had 7 yellow cards for the CPU,probably more than my 1 season of fifa 19.
Really enjoyed those two games.
To bad 17 looks like crap Vs 19.

And this is on console I guess. Imagine me playing them on PC!
I mean, I also have Xbox One versions of 2015/2016/2018 to be fair but hey, on PC they can be modded.
Bet 17 looks stunning with a good graphic card.
My 17 Vs 18/19 in 4k looks kinda dull,plus with the HDR on it looks pretty crappy.
You can imagine how bad 15 looks on my X

Will be posting some video footage later that week. All that efootball stuff could not get me down. ;) I had some fun in my 2017 ML. :)
And you’ll see why that is. Later guys.

Edit:
This year I’m calm as ever. I have my 2017 fix and I think, right now, I’ll get 2020 around Christmas for cheap. I’m good. Satisfied. :)

So... still here, still hammering my Mallorca ML and still having a LOT of fun. Currently at 4th place, hoping for champions league spot after my first season in La Liga.

Playing on Top Player, -2 speed, 15mins and everything, apart from shots, on manual.
I left shots on basic for some variety, which is, as we know, quite rich here in compare to newer Pes games.

Now, @rockstrongo - I owe you many many pints for being so persistent in making me go to Advanced Through Balls. I was resisting this for a very long time and it was a tough learning curve... but my jaysus, how right you were! How the game opens up and how crazy balls we can send this way is beyond anything id expect. Thanks for that, really.
Here are the newest highlights from the match I just finished and two goals are from those crazy through balls.
Its very difficult, a lot of them dont hit the target (which is how it should be. Proper realism), but when they do...... shiiiiiiit!

So... still here, still hammering my Mallorca ML and still having a LOT of fun. Currently at 4th place, hoping for champions league spot after my first season in La Liga.

Playing on Top Player, -2 speed, 15mins and everything, apart from shots, on manual.
I left shots on basic for some variety, which is, as we know, quite rich here in compare to newer Pes games.

Now, @rockstrongo - I owe you many many pints for being so persistent in making me go to Advanced Through Balls. I was resisting this for a very long time and it was a tough learning curve... but my jaysus, how right you were! How the game opens up and how crazy balls we can send this way is beyond anything id expect. Thanks for that, really.
Here are the newest highlights from the match I just finished and two goals are from those crazy through balls.
Its very difficult, a lot of them dont hit the target (which is how it should be. Proper realism), but when they do...... shiiiiiiit!

Great to hear man,took me ages to be ok with advanced through balls,but when they connect it's a thing of beauty!

Glad you're enjoying 17,should be playing it more often ,but 18 is my fix right now.
Can't watch your video on the phone (strange ) but I'll check in later on it.
Btw saw Mallorca v Albacete (2-0) qf for La Liga, they've come a long way since Secunda B division ,probably heading for the finals vs Deportivo (probably)

Edit : just saw it on the link you sent,that's who you setup a striker pal.
Lovely stuff!

Last edited:
Fired up my ML again, after hyped by this topic. Made some fast next summer transfers like Hazard Bros to Real/BvB etc and started a new one as usual, playing in PEU League with my edited PES United [ it is Arsenal Sports Club (Arsenal SC) for me](logo,kits,name) but with the ML defaults. There are some good players like Rice, Giorza, Q. Arcas and the greek captain Casteldine (which is not a greek name at all :P :P). What impresses me after long time no coming back, and after many sessions with 2018 and 2019 is that, either the camera zoom in same camera settings is closer, or the player body-models are bigger and more clear which add a sense of physicality and helps the collision-detection system to detect more easy the collisions.
The constant cons for me, the game speed in zero game speed(0 game speed) especially in pass speed, it gets crazy rapid sometimes, while in (minus one) -1, it becomes to floaty. Also noticed last night, as i was sitting to close to the screen, that the graphics in scanned faces, compared to 2018 and 2019 are really far behind, this is only cosmetic-aesthetic problem though. I saw some pixels in E. Hazard mustache and Fabio Coentrao platinum-blond hair were coming from Sega Saturn-era. Still not sure if it was my PS4pro that got overheated or if it was always like this, but i have not noticed it until now.

Last edited:
Furthermore, not to re-invent the wheel (Side-note: i saw many times the phrase re-discover the wheel, i am not the friendly neighborhood grammar-obsessed, but things created from scratch by human are invented not discovered, you discover only something that used to exist before us :) ) , but i like to see again the long shots being threatening! Although the GOALKEEPERS were supermen still back then, i really loved some long shots i took, which did not look like, training-session shots or desperate balloon kicks. I hit three times the metallic antennas that hold the net behind the goal post and the feeling was amazing!! :P :P :P I yelled "Ooooohhhh biatch, that was close!!!"
I missed this quote much in 19 , were the attacks are more binary, do it or not. Either you enter inside the goalpost net with your attacker after consecutive one-touch passing game, or you just make shoots that most times are a "finesse-pass" to the opponent Goalkeeper!

An other cons ,that really mislead me the first day i played the game back on 2017 and i posted an opinion i still regret when i read it. The PA1 is way more assisted than it should be, it overrides your input in 30% of cases. This led me the first day i played it to write a review post, that the ball physics are bad and even worse than PES 2016, which is of course not true. The ball physics are very good, not as polished and shinny as in 18 & 19 , but it is good. If the graphics of the ball were better or on par with 2019, it would look much better , as it tends to blur when it spins or bounces too much & fast.

Started my Pes 17 today,mainly because it's a great game,my Milan ML is pretty much over and done ,won CL 3 times,Serie A 3 times,EL once,Italian Cup once,Uefa Super cup twice,and world club championship twice.

I'm thinking France for a ML
Anyway stumbled across Bordeaux third kit,probably the worst ever, amirite!
IMG_20190619_144024.jpg

Started my Pes 17 today,mainly because it's a great game,my Milan ML is pretty much over and done ,won CL 3 times,Serie A 3 times,EL once,Italian Cup once,Uefa Super cup twice,and world club championship twice.

I'm thinking France for a ML
Anyway stumbled across Bordeaux third kit,probably the worst ever, amirite!
View attachment 16809
Reminds me PSG jersey concept with Eiffel Tower. Only thing is - I thought PSG one was deadly!
IMG_20190619_172227.jpg

Omg how much I got my ass kicked when returning to play a game on my ML save.
CPU being so goddamn aggressive (TP).
Im also on TP. Together with PA0 and Advanced Through balls - its absolutely perfect difficulty for me. Just so smooth and balanced. Low teams playing long ball and defending, big teams being really aggressive. Firmly at 4th place behind Barca, Real and Atletico. :RSCARF:

Im also on TP. Together with PA0 and Advanced Through balls - its absolutely perfect difficulty for me. Just so smooth and balanced. Low teams playing long ball and defending, big teams being really aggressive. Firmly at 4th place behind Barca, Real and Atletico. :RSCARF:
With the big boys?
It's really a good and fun game,need to reset my camera though,playing with a way too low one.
Might start a new ML,St Etienne maybe? #greenwhitearmy

With the big boys?
It's really a good and fun game,need to reset my camera though,playing with a way too low one.
Might start a new ML,St Etienne maybe? #greenwhitearmy
Same ML, fo-sho! Altho I have maybe 4 players left from original Mallorca.
Team is packed with 17 year old regens. :LOL:
tenor (5).gif

And that is that - I finished current season and caught up with real time. Will be starting season 19/20 tomorrow.

Finished 3rd in my first La Liga adventure, so Champions League awaits.
3rd seems close to top but it was more like last EPL season. I finished with 78 points, Real above me had 95, so not really close.. not to mention Barca who had 3 loses and rest all wins. Suppose I can celebrate that 2 of those loses was me and the boys.
Barca offered me a job but they can go feck themselves. I havent finished yet.

Just cant stop playing this game! And still seeing new things in it. Had a lovely diving header, which wasnt easy to pull off on PA0 and two straight reds for AI recently.

Last few days, reading Pes20 thread, ive been wondering - do people include Pes17 when they say all modern Pes games had shit AI? Coz i cant see many flaws there...

I find it impossible how using the same engine the AI can actually get worse progressively over 2 years

Pes 2017 didn't have Legend difficulty, right?

It was from Pes 2018 they introduced it. I think that even if the engine is the same introducing a new difficulty level they had to rebalance everything. Of course they managed to break everything and they are still trying to repair it.

I find it impossible how using the same engine the AI can actually get worse progressively over 2 years
Unless you want it to go bad...
Maybe it was a social experiment. Make it bad to see how many of them we can pull over to play online..
Now they are like - shit shit shit! That didnt work, they are slaughtering us! Quick! Fix it back! Fix it back!

Or - they simply ignored AI altogether and just added scripts to look after it. Didnt work, one way or another..

Altho you would think that AI code has a possibility to just copy and paste, right?

I was tempted to give this another go but after watching my youtube videos of matches i had played it reminded me that the shooting is overpowered and quite boring as shots from the CPU are either on target or just wide.

That “wow that was close!” moment happens too many times for my liking.

Its a shame because the CPU build up is good and i love the fouls but the different types of shooting for me is what i like to see whether it be from me or the CPU and this game lacks that variety.

If 17 has overpowered shots then i dont know what do you guys say about 18..
17 has enough variety for me. When body position, momentum, or pass is bad - im having utter flops. Long distance goals are there, neither more nor less to how it should be. Much prefer this than 18, where there was too many rocket shots and goals, or 19, where there is none.
And AI is just another level in compare to 19.

Gave my Pes 15 a proper run last night.
Both Spanish league fully licensed,and dropping down to Reg difficulty,always remember it being really good,but I was surprised on how good this game plays.
I'd say ball physics on 15 (passing shooting/bounces/pace of the ball is unmatched in any modern Pes)
Can see my self playing it Vs 17 or 18 if I only get used to the graphics!
And the PA0 passing,even the PA1 passing is brilliant.
Downside CPU v CPU results being weird as hell

On a side note,also gave Pes 16 a go , although it's horrible when it comes to GK's (every shot goes in) that game had so much promise,pace/movement/collision
That'll conclude my retro Pes report.

Back
Top Bottom