PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I've been really enjoying this lately, but I have to admit, I scored a goal last night that made me feel a bit uneasy. No wonder the game is so responsive, it allowed this to happen!

@Emroth - this one's for you. Check out how dirty the AI are here, as Man City!

First foul (advantage played), then another (not given), then a third foul (De Bruyne) AND at the same time he gets kicked instead of the ball, so I count that as a fourth!

All within ten seconds!

:LOL: :LOL:
I absolutely love the last kick! Watched it couple of times and it gets better each time! Haha!

I'm enjoying this still.. Just wish there was a option file for ps4 for current squads.
Same here. Its all fresh to me as i just got it, following recommendations from trusted elitists brotherhood in here.
Having a great time! And, i have to say - its challenging as fuck! Im near the bottom of the table, yet not once i felt cheated!

Current OF doesnt bother me. Kits didnt change that much and by the time i crawl my ass out of division 2 all teams will have some new players anyway..

My god, how could they get from such fun on 17, to such limited, retarded AI on 19..?
Something went seriously wrong..

Started second half of the season in my spanish D2. I think I finally got my head around how 17 plays.

And damn...it plays so well...

Finally started winning, team is shaping up nicely. Dont think I have any chance for promotion at this stage, but next season I should put up a good fight.
Pes 17 is by far most enjoyable, balanced and realistic Pes game I have played in many many years. I used to love 5,6,13 but I cant really say how they would play now.
Its a distant memory..

17 has everything a good football game should have. Teams are playing differently, good players stand out, shots have amazing variety and players physicality is at its finest.
19 in its current state can polish 17s shoes.

Ps.
I always thought that some of the passes that AI does are impossible to perform by a user. Not even talking about 17 now, but in general. Spin on the ball and placement seemed simply impossible from the users perspective.. but i think i was wrong there. These bastards were using Advanced Through balls!
I must say - I resisted switching to Advance Through balls for a very long time. It was awkward, it was difficult and it had this really annoying circle guide.
But once it clicks...its one of the most powerful, enjoyable and rewarding weapons you can get on any football game. I absolutely love them!
Credits to @rockstrongo - i should have listened to you earlier.

Started second half of the season in my spanish D2. I think I finally got my head around how 17 plays.

And damn...it plays so well...

Finally started winning, team is shaping up nicely. Dont think I have any chance for promotion at this stage, but next season I should put up a good fight.
Pes 17 is by far most enjoyable, balanced and realistic Pes game I have played in many many years. I used to love 5,6,13 but I cant really say how they would play now.
Its a distant memory..

17 has everything a good football game should have. Teams are playing differently, good players stand out, shots have amazing variety and players physicality is at its finest.
19 in its current state can polish 17s shoes.

Ps.
I always thought that some of the passes that AI does are impossible to perform by a user. Not even talking about 17 now, but in general. Spin on the ball and placement seemed simply impossible from the users perspective.. but i think i was wrong there. These bastards were using Advanced Through balls!
I must say - I resisted switching to Advance Through balls for a very long time. It was awkward, it was difficult and it had this really annoying circle guide.
But once it clicks...its one of the most powerful, enjoyable and rewarding weapons you can get on any football game. I absolutely love them!
Credits to @rockstrongo - i should have listened to you earlier.
I'm glad you're enjoying it brother.
I have an urge to restart that game to.
It's a gem of a game.
Took me a long time getting my head around advanced through balls.
But,just like manual passing,when it clicks,it's a very nice weapon,and feels natural.
I'm looking at a restart with Roma if I get around to it.
You need to make Mallorca proud again,it has more to offer than drunk Brits and Germans with their towels on sun bed terror :)
Enjoy!

You need to make Mallorca proud again,it has more to offer than drunk Brits and Germans with their towels on sun bed terror
:LOL:
Oh I will.
Etoo will be kicking himself that he didnt stay there his entire career!

Im in absolute bits, some nasty-ass flu got me good. Gave wife lift to work this morning and instead of going back to bed I was playing my ML till 12, sniffing Lemsips.. :LOL:

I'm enjoying it that much I'm thinking of selling my ps4 Pro and getting a pc again
DO NOT DO THIS!

I had it all set-up and patched on PC, but it's not quite the same as it is on PS4 in my opinion. I was speaking to @slamsoze about this and he said the responsiveness is a little better on PS4 (not in an unrealistic way, trust me) - and I agree, it just feels a little better.

In my opinion, it definitely plays best on PS4 - I've had them running side-by-side and even though it's not a huge difference, it's enough to make me prefer playing on PS4 without all the fancy bits you get on PC (i.e. everything licensed and up-to-date), which should tell you something!

Im just so damn happy that I finally found footy game that ticks all the boxes..

I thought im gonna need some therapy after last two years.. i was going from one to another, from one settings to another. It was melting my brain.. none of them were fully enjoyable. Every time I moved to a different one, I felt I had to sacrifice something.

@Chris Davies had a very good point a while ago. He said Pes17 is a proof that we are not impossible to satisfy and that we are not expecting miracles. And this is soo true..

Its not most amazing looking on the market, it doesn't have the best ball physics on the market, but its a very solid, balanced and very playable game, that just has all the basics.
A game that makes you want to have "just one more match" before you go to sleep.

Played Liverpool v spurs (AI).. Finished nil nil.. But mad game. 12 fouls by AI
Absolutely love how they are flying around. Even if there arent many fouls (in some matches i get 3 or 4), they still bounce of each other and fly around in a way sometimes it hurts to watch! :LOL:
Its hilarious tho, I love it, haha!

Nil-Nil is also nice change from Pes19, where you HAVE to have goals, otherwise there will be no "drama"...

Another bunch of great matches yesterday.
Here are some highlights from game against Girona.
AI had 12 fouls, I had about 6.
Getting more brave since I realised sliding tackles are effective and so much fun. Nothing feels as good as bashing some smart ass winger who thinks he can dribble pass my 66OVR side back! :LOL:
Ps. All the cards from the clip are AI. I play in red.

D2E9D1E4-B0AD-4AB5-9429-E580A03C4709.jpeg After the DP4 on Pes 2019 and reading the thoughts of people playing Pes 2017, I have gone back to 17. I now have that one more game feeling again, Playing La Liga league mode for the past week and I have had Ai players sent off, 3 penalties, in game injuries for up to 12 weeks plus being able have promotion and relegation gives the game longevity and depth. My only complaint is the referee not allowing fouls to play on.
Game I had against Villarreal there was 9 yellow cards and a sending off for the Ai.
Also the Ai shoot from anywhere and it’s refreshing to see the Ai dribbling again plus it’s good to be able to kick the ball once the final whistle has gone.

I wonder why they have chosen the AI route they have. It almost seems like harder work to fuck it up so badly like they have rarther than just tweak it year on year with small improvements

I wonder why they have chosen the AI route they have. It almost seems like harder work to fuck it up so badly like they have rarther than just tweak it year on year with small improvements
The more I think of it the more it looks almost like something they did on purpose..
"What if.... we give them such boring AI that they will be forced to go play myClub??"

This, or they ran absolute minimum of AI tests and just focused fully on online.
Altho from what people say online is equally bad due to our team mates being absolute morons and controlled player being the only one with reasonable response time..

Like you said - its baffling to say at least. Same engine, more or less same coding.. they had it all in place, working fine on 17. Why they didnt just focused on graphics and added some animations and left everything else? I have no idea..

I noticed something. Wondering if this is just coincident. Finished season 1 (8th place, which is savage, considering i was 22nd at the mid season break)

Anyway, new season, new youth players. Im big into youth players, even if they are regens, i just love to get them. They are all still developing, not OP, faces are nice, skills are there and commentator knows their names.

But I noticed all new youth players are just spanish. There is not a single one from somewhere else. Is it always like that? I think id notice in other Pes games if I had youth players from the country I play in. Even if they are just regens. Its cool.

There's my goal from last night. Zlatan would be proud.

But I noticed all new youth players are just spanish. There is not a single one from somewhere else. Is it always like that? I think id notice in other Pes games if I had youth players from the country I play in. Even if they are just regens. Its cool.
You are kidding me!

I can't tell you how much it annoys me that - in the modern PES games - the youth squad is (by default) made up of literally 23 different nations, going from A-Z from top to bottom (seriously - the GK's nationality begins with an A, the first defender's nationality begins with a B, etc. etc. etc.)... Such a childish thing to do!

Unless you're Barcelona or Man City, how would you have a youth intake A) from every corner of the world and B) with just one player from your club's nation?

I had no idea PES 2017 did that - unless it's a coincidence but I can't imagine that it is...

You are kidding me!

I can't tell you how much it annoys me that - in the modern PES games - the youth squad is (by default) made up of literally 23 different nations, going from A-Z from top to bottom (seriously - the GK's nationality begins with an A, the first defender's nationality begins with a B, etc. etc. etc.)... Such a childish thing to do!

Unless you're Barcelona or Man City, how would you have a youth intake A) from every corner of the world and B) with just one player from your club's nation?

I had no idea PES 2017 did that - unless it's a coincidence but I can't imagine that it is...
Well, the initial youth players are the usual bunch. All over the shop. No names (from commentator perspective), no pictures in game plan. I always ignore the first batch. But I got about... 10(?) after season finished (signed 4 of them) and ALL of them were spanish...
if it is a coincident - its very unlikely to happen. I'll be sure after next season, but I was proper surprised and impressed at the same time.

@rockstrongo - you played 127 seasons there. Are youth players from the country you play in?

Last edited:
Well, the initial youth players are the usual bunch. All over the shop.
Oh... That's annoying!

Do PES 2018 and 2019 not do the same "regens from your country" thing after two seasons, then? I really don't like either so for all I know it's still the same...

Haha!
I was only talking about it the other day! Such a small detail, but it feels sooo good to hammer the ball into the stands after the whistle! Especially after a loss! Its like a mini therapy! :LOL:
sorry i come back to this so late (found out after some dp weeks/month ago).
you can in 2019! :) let go from sticks and buttons, then press shoot button twice!

edit: when i just watched your Pes17highlights2 video, first thought: man, that pitch pattern... what happend to those?! :D
and do we still have rain drops on the cam in replays these days (your video from min. 2:00)!?

btw: whats the most anoying stuff in 2017 for you (read about the good stuff)??

Last edited:
Well, the initial youth players are the usual bunch. All over the shop. No names (from commentator perspective), no pictures in game plan. I always ignore the first batch. But I got about... 10(?) after season finished (signed 4 of them) and ALL of them were spanish...
if it is a coincident - its very unlikely to happen. I'll be sure after next season, but I was proper surprised and impressed at the same time.

@rockstrongo - you played 127 seasons there. Are youth players from the country you play in?
Good question,I think they are the first season.
I haven't really used any.
I played 127 seasons with Milan ,and they have 7-8 young players in the first team,so I really didn't bother signing regens.
But I think after a few seasons they're all over the place.

I think it should be youth players from the same country if you're playing a smaller team,a different story if you play any of the middle Eastern teams (City &PSG) they have youth players from all over the galaxy

you can contact that guy and see if he accomplished something
I think @slamsoze knows him. Seen on this guys profile they had a chat on few occasions.
There is crazy amounts of edits in his project. Its that big that it would make me a bit scared to install it. Id have to get some guinea pig to test it first... ;) :LOL:
Do PES 2018 and 2019 not do the same "regens from your country" thing after two seasons, then?
See, thats my point... i dont think they do... i think I would have noticed if that was the case, as im always using youth/regens.
When I was playing Parma on pes18 i remember having lot of south america nationalities in appearing in my youth squad.
let go from sticks and buttons, then press shoot button twice
Good to know, Pro. Just pity you have to do this button combination, instead of just freely hoof it out.

btw: whats the most anoying stuff in 2017 for you (read about the good stuff)??
Jesus... id have to think long and hard about this one... its by far the least annoying Pes I have played in ages...
Someone mentioned earlier that referee wont let you play on when you get fouled. He is right, but i only really noticed that when I read about it. So it doesnt annoy me that much.
Most annoying... hmm...
I think replays are too short. Usually when the keeper saves it, the replay just cuts off. It doesnt show how the ball was cleared by defender. Replays could be few seconds longer..
Also, player reactions when they hide their faces in their hands.. looks bit unnatural and too dramatic...
Ball physics could be bit better (especially comparing to 19)

But listen - im really trying to pick on something here and these are all very minor things.. this game is amazing, soo playable.

Shot variety is unbelievable. The flops, complete misses, utter failures are pure joy to watch. When you hit the ball perfectly - you can really feel that you did it.
Makes you wait for the right moment, wait and observe when to press the button, its nothing like 19, where you just press shot and animation does the rest.
If you press it too early your player will almost break their legs..

The more I play it the more amazed I am how could they get from this to what we have now..

Back
Top Bottom