PES 2017 Player Style, Preferred Position,Player Ability and Tactical Advice for CPU

i understand what you are trying to achieve here..you are actually doing konami's work.. but i think its just too much off a trouble.there are other factors which affect how the cpu is playing(.exe, dt18,heart feature,team spirit.script etc etc).so i think there is not much that it can be done by just "playing" with formations, tacticts,playing styles etc..interisting findings though..
Thnks, i know, is hard, Konami don't let me do the right things :( wathever i would like to try, i got some improvement so i can follow this line for my future tactics...
About heart feature,team spirit and derby I'm agree with you, is a part of the game that i can't change, but some changes IMO are absolutely required ;)

To close the gap i lowered all the Midfield, and I leave just one or two player in attack, that has really balanced the whole team. Finally the gap between defense and midfield are reduced and the teams retreat in the right way (or wahtever in a better way
wink.gif
) the two SM provide a good supports on the side and the spaces who them leave are covered by the midfielders. So after that i think to lower all the midfield line of the of the whole game 's teams.

Well done kilay . .. it looks great . .you are using fluid formation?

yes, see the video all the info are showed.
To understand in my first post the
KO is Kick Off
IN is In possession
OP is Out of Possession

Last edited:
@Deco sorry you've not understanded, Matt advice are totally wrong for my taste, I use Papinho and royce tacts from operation sport forum since now, and they fit better, but after that i understood how this setting changing the game(card,role, style ecc).In this post i totally changed my mind about that, my purpose is change the behavior of the CPU. I've changed the tacts for all the team's of principal league in my MOD, i know precisely what I'm talking about. Matt give some base advice that ,how previously said, i not agree. I know that all team can have 9 different placement in player mode and six in CPU mode
Anyway thnks for your time and your opinion.
Operation sports http://www.operationsports.com/foru...osition-player-ability-tactical-advice-2.html
tactics from papinho and royce
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-evolution-soccer/896894-papinho-royces-pes-tactics.html
Sorry but have you read my starting post?

Just so we are clear, my "tactics" are not actually tactics. They are a base fundamental to get the CPU to play remotely better than they do by default. I've addressed this for the type of user who does not want to restart their ML, and the user who hasn't started their ML, both not wanting to be bothered to spend 3-5 hours changing an entire Option File.

I known Papinho, Royce and Dmend for a very long time on OS, and support 100% their modifications to the game. You can see how often Dmend and I tweet on Twitter to eachother constantly for further proof, and my many conversations with Papinho and Royce. These guys are the tactical gurus, along with Klash of course, that I don't bother entering that arena. My arena is to make the fundamentals of the game play right as the first priority. The additional details, and required man-hours to do so, should be customized for that specific user.

In the end, I know we are in it for the good of the game, but I wanted to make sure you are "not agreeing" to the right premise and intent, versus generalizing the approach due to lack of understanding of its intent.

FWIW, I've also been here for a minute and have promoted the utilization of Player Cards/Skills to be removed/modified to better help the game. Fundamentals first, then specific team tactics, etc. You can refer to the threads that I've started for further understanding.

Just so we are clear, my "tactics" are not actually tactics. They are a base fundamental to get the CPU to play remotely better than they do by default. I've addressed this for the type of user who does not want to restart their ML, and the user who hasn't started their ML, both not wanting to be bothered to spend 3-5 hours changing an entire Option File.

I known Papinho, Royce and Dmend for a very long time on OS, and support 100% their modifications to the game. You can see how often Dmend and I tweet on Twitter to eachother constantly for further proof, and my many conversations with Papinho and Royce. These guys are the tactical gurus, along with Klash of course, that I don't bother entering that arena. My arena is to make the fundamentals of the game play right as the first priority. The additional details, and required man-hours to do so, should be customized for that specific user.

In the end, I know we are in it for the good of the game, but I wanted to make sure you are "not agreeing" to the right premise and intent, versus generalizing the approach due to lack of understanding of its intent.

FWIW, I've also been here for a minute and have promoted the utilization of Player Cards/Skills to be removed/modified to better help the game. Fundamentals first, then specific team tactics, etc. You can refer to the threads that I've started for further understanding.

Sure Matt i understand, your purpose is a quick fix to make the game more balanced and playable without the default tacts, and that is right but for me is not enough. Just that. Respect ;)
Now I take a look on your thread.

Sure Matt i understand, your purpose is a quick fix to make the game more balanced and playable without the default tacts, and that is right but for me is not enough. Just that. Respect ;)
Now I take a look on your thread.

Right, exactly. I didn't want you to be mislead into thinking that the intent was to do a close to real life tactic as possible. Like I said, I leave that up to the gurus :) - and stay in my lane.

I like this thread though, please continue, it's one I've enjoyed reading on here and on OS ;) .

Here other two videos and here one edit with some tactics change (is from my MOD of Galaxy patch, so some teams will have different name from yours) it's just to see how those changes work or to use with new zlac tools.
For Florenzi in Roma tactics remove absolutely Hole player from him, and make his registered position to FB, if not the formation result really unbalanced, this is good example to understand how changing only one player position and style can change the whole scheme and player positions of all the players.
And about Coutinho.... him fits well Creative Playmaker CAM or Hole player CAM(finally) .
I have preferred the first choice .

Last edited:
Liverpool Scheme and role (final )
And some minutes of a match aganist Roma

In the first video the midfield looks way too deep and sitting on the defense but in the gameplay video it looked great and very balanced.

In the first video the midfield looks way too deep and sitting on the defense but in the gameplay video it looked great and very balanced.
Really thnks Deco, Finally I've made something that I like :). Please go ahead and tell me your opinion, I think you understand about football ;)

ALL MC under the midfield line in all three scheme , just the AM or CL\WF (wings) over that line. This is the start of those scheme.

Really thnks Deco, Finally I've made something that I like :). Please go ahead and tell me your opinion, I think you understand about football ;)

I can't find many faults from the gameplay video. . .try play a full match Kilay and put up the video and we will get a better view of how it works.

Ok, i need time, my last video of an half match, take from me 5,7 GB of space ;). I'm new to video uploading, probably i have to convert the video in other format, less bigger and detailed..

15 minutes of Napoli - Liverpool

Tomorrow I will try a full match, I've found a good converter.

Final result 2-2, many counter attack from both teams, Liverpool has missed two easy chance in front of Reina.
I'm happy about Wingback support, I've tried different settings for them. If you set the WB how FB in kick-off and how SL in other two phases both the WB provide a good support for the offensive phase, also if the ball is on the opposite side. Anyway that leaves a lot of space in def phase, i think to set only some Offensive WB in that way (milner is one of them). For all the others SL in OP and FB in KO e IP fits well.

Maybe in according with this analysys i could leave both the WB how FB in Kickoff and how CL in others two phases,

Last edited:
Kilay that angle looks great, but im guessing its -2 speed... dunno, i felt when i used that players were less responsive.
speed -1 in this video, i have a modded dt18 (from inmortal if i remember well)
Probably you're right about response of player(the last year was in that way) , but -1 is not too much.
Tomorrow I will try with normal speed.

This pack is to use only with zlac tools

Ok, really thnks to @zlac
and to @incas36 (about Serie B tacts)
HERE my tacts of Premier League and Serie B (by @incas36 ) teams and some others (see in the quote below), all of them are based on the starting scheme from Papinho and Royce tacts (thanks)
The changes in my starting post about Player Style positon, Ability and position IMO are required to match the real player's behaviors.

This pack is to use only with zlac tools (see here and follow the intructions) there is the importer folder and the id.txt (you have to rearrange it to the match the right ID of your EDIT)
Remember to change ID for fake team (like Bayern Munich), could be different from mine.
I'm waiting feedback :)

317, 317-ASCOLI PICCHIO FC 1898.PES2017_tactics
319, 319-FC BARI 1908.PES2017_tactics
331, 331-TERNANA CALCIO.PES2017_tactics
337, 337-VICENZA CALCIO.PES2017_tactics
336, 336-HELLAS VERONA.PES2017_tactics
4234, 4234-FROSINONE CALCIO.PES2017_tactics
4076, 4076-US LATINA CALCIO.PES2017_tactics
2377, 2377-NOVARA CALCIO 1908.PES2017_tactics
4240, 4240-AC PERUGIA CALCIO.PES2017_tactics
4241, 4241-AC PISA 1909.PES2017_tactics
2612, 2612-FC PRO VERCELLI 1892.PES2017_tactics
4244, 4244-US SALERNITANA 1919.PES2017_tactics
4923, 4923-SPAL FERRARA.PES2017_tactics
1600, 1600-SPEZIA CALCIO.PES2017_tactics
4077, 4077-TRAPANI CALCIO.PES2017_tactics
4230, 4230-VIRTUS ENTELLA.PES2017_tactics
4141, 4141-AS AVELLINO 1912.PES2017_tactics
4232, 4232-BENEVENTO CALCIO.PES2017_tactics
187, 187-BRESCIA CALCIO.PES2017_tactics
4075, 4075-FC CARPI 1909.PES2017_tactics
1362, 1362-AC CESENA.PES2017_tactics
1920, 1920-AS CITTADELLA.PES2017_tactics
100, 100-MANCHESTER UNITED.PES2017_tactics
101, 101-ARSENAL FC.PES2017_tactics
103, 103-LIVERPOOL FC.PES2017_tactics
105, 105-WEST HAM UNITED.PES2017_tactics
108, 108-FC BARCELONA.PES2017_tactics
120, 120-JUVENTUS FC.PES2017_tactics
125, 125-AS ROMA.PES2017_tactics
126, 126-BORUSSIA DORTMUND.PES2017_tactics
128, 128-BAYER 04 LEVERKUSEN.PES2017_tactics
173, 173-MANCHESTER CITY.PES2017_tactics
177, 177-EVERTON FC.PES2017_tactics
179, 179-TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR.PES2017_tactics
204, 204-LEICESTER CITY.PES2017_tactics
205, 205-MIDDLESBROUGH FC.PES2017_tactics
207, 207-SOUTHAMPTON FC.PES2017_tactics
327, 327-SSC NAPOLI.PES2017_tactics
378, 378-BURNLEY FC.PES2017_tactics
382, 382-CRYSTAL PALACE FC.PES2017_tactics
395, 395-STOKE CITY.PES2017_tactics
396, 396-AFC SUNDERLAND.PES2017_tactics
398, 398-WATFORD FC.PES2017_tactics
399, 399-WEST BROMWICH ALBION.PES2017_tactics
1589, 1589-HULL CITY FC.PES2017_tactics
1909, 1909-SWANSEA CITY.PES2017_tactics
4071, 4071-AFC BOURNEMOUTH.PES2017_tactics
2346, 2346-FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN.PES2017_tactics

Last edited:
Sure :)
Before i think to fix all the major leagues, Serie B tacts are a gift from @incas36 ,
I don't have a well kwnoledge of the Championship, so I need some help from users :)
Go for the major leagues first. Thanks you for your editing.
I just found out Chelsea missing from your packs.

I have to say that without the teachings and advices of my teacher kilay serie B tactics should not be possible. Thanks again kilay. I hope ypu enjoy them and any feedback is really appreciated.

Man Utd 4-3-3 (in upload)
I found ManUtd tactic is 4231, not 433 in this video. Can you update the new one to your pack?

I played some matches using ManUtd and Liverpool in Top Player. WB can be opened easily for fast long ball. I prefer in OP set to FB, not SL. Are you playing SuperStar or Top Player?

I found ManUtd tactic is 4231, not 433 in this video. Can you update the new one to your pack?

I played some matches using ManUtd and Liverpool in Top Player. WB can be opened easily for fast long ball. I prefer in OP set to FB, not SL. Are you playing SuperStar or Top Player?
yes, i posted man utd because missing from the file exported. also the chelsea scheme is a bit different, before this evening i will post an update
About WB, with Liverpool i think for milner and clyne the setting are ok. Of course you can rearrange the WB as you like.
Remember my change about sytyle and position, Milner is setted FB build up or box-to-box.
I'm playng on superstar.

Back
Top Bottom