PES 2017 Option File Discussion

Brilliant.

I think I'm holding off for Cristiano's DFL v4, waiting for the feedback to make sure everything's alright, and then applying those tactics manually (and never ever downloading a live update).

Tried a few matches with the Juve tactics and played against them in Versus mode. Pretty sweet so far. This dude on OF has all Premier League teams done in a way that differs from the spreadsheet and is playing Superstar with PA1 and basic shooting AND 25MIN GAMES and he is getting scores like 1-1 and 2-1 because the game is scalling well with the increased match duration.

There is a video he posted in the thread that you can use to apply them manually, and he also has some matches posted too.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-evolution-soccer/891128-pes-2017-tactics-31.html

Ive put DFL V4 on and thatll do me. Ive spent more time putting and taking option files off than I have playing. Probably why Im not feeling it at the moment. Need to start a comp.

there's very few national teams that have a couple of fakes still in there. for me it's not an issue as the correct players should hopefully get picked in master league and if they don't, well i can deal with just a couple of dodgy nations.

the only remaining problem for me is, and i imagine it'll be the same in every file. all of the fake national players that find themselves in the free agent pool when you start a ML. i don't think there's any way to get rid of them. I saw someone suggest that you could go in and edit them to minimal stats so that nobody will buy them and they wont get picked but that's another good few hours of editing!

The national teams were absolutely fine on Cristiano's V3 file, including kits, so it is just a case of waiting on a fix. I believe there is some lad on PESGaming trying to organise/optimise the file regards players and team layouts, so it will just be a case of Cristiano perhaps utilising a few of the helpful folks in the community's efforts there. Game hasn't been out a month and we are ridiculously close to complete files emerging.

...And then we have the tactics stuff which is being worked on. Everything is pretty much there and is now a case of waiting or doing the fixes/enhancements yourself. Best the community has been in a few years.

If I apply that Cristiano V4 file, then someone creates a fix for the duplicate issues, it'll be a trivial matter for me to apply the fix, right? As opposed to, y'know, a really massive ballache?

there's very few national teams that have a couple of fakes still in there. for me it's not an issue as the correct players should hopefully get picked in master league and if they don't, well i can deal with just a couple of dodgy nations.

the only remaining problem for me is, and i imagine it'll be the same in every file. all of the fake national players that find themselves in the free agent pool when you start a ML. i don't think there's any way to get rid of them. I saw someone suggest that you could go in and edit them to minimal stats so that nobody will buy them and they wont get picked but that's another good few hours of editing!

why not edit them into wonderkids http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-59-best-under-21-wonderkids-world

No promises or anything, but I've started putting something together after becoming fed up of waiting for the perfect option file. 90% of it is the work of others, so I'll start asking permission from everyone I can find who's contributed to Cristiano's DFL v4 (which it's based on), along with a guy called Valencia5 on PESGaming who has consistently fixed duplicated players and kept logs of all the changes, and the guys from PESWorld (though I doubt they'll want their kits included given that they have their own option file). Plus Krebstar at Operation Sports for his tactics (see below).

I've eliminated all of the duplicates I can find and created missing players where I can, though (unassigned) fake national team players still exist because there are so many of them (unfortunately I don't have a list of them to edit them). Some say they can't be bought in the ML once unassigned, but I don't think that's true, unfortunately. I'd rather they were in there than new versions of already existing players being created "over" them, though...

I'm working through the tactics spreadsheet that Curdstar provided a link to - I don't have a massive amount of free time but after adding in the recommended tactics for some of the EPL teams, I was pretty amazed at the difference.

If I need a guinea pig (that's willing to delete all their edit data and start again), I'll let you know (but it won't be before the weekend I don't think - if only because exporting teams has to be done individually and is the most boring job in the world).

EDIT: Glen from PESWorld has given me permission to include their kits - which I'm delighted about, considering that they're the best out there. But I'm yet to hear back from the guys who helped put DFL v4 together.

Last edited:
No promises or anything, but I've started putting something together after becoming fed up of waiting for the perfect option file. 90% of it is the work of others, so I'll start asking permission from everyone I can find who's contributed to Cristiano's DFL v4 (which it's based on), along with a guy called Valencia5 on PESGaming who has consistently fixed duplicated players and kept logs of all the changes, and the guys from PESWorld (though I doubt they'll want their kits included given that they have their own option file). Plus Krebstar at Operation Sports for his tactics (see below).

I've eliminated all of the duplicates I can find and created missing players where I can, though (unassigned) fake national team players still exist because there are so many of them (unfortunately I don't have a list of them to edit them). Some say they can't be bought in the ML once unassigned, but I don't think that's true, unfortunately. I'd rather they were in there than new versions of already existing players being created "over" them, though...

I'm working through the tactics spreadsheet that Curdstar provided a link to - I don't have a massive amount of free time but after adding in the recommended tactics for some of the EPL teams, I was pretty amazed at the difference.

If I need a guinea pig (that's willing to delete all their edit data and start again), I'll let you know (but it won't be before the weekend I don't think - if only because exporting teams has to be done individually and is the most boring job in the world).

EDIT: Glen from PESWorld has given me permission to include their kits - which I'm delighted about, considering that they're the best out there. But I'm yet to hear back from the guys who helped put DFL v4 together.

Keeping my eye out for this one :)

I've reached an age where everything computer related that demands the slightest thought on my behalf just makes my brain shut down entirely. So I'm struggling to get into this whole thing. Have managed to import kits for most teams but that's it. Will be sure to keep an eye on this thread though.

I spent three nights last week working until 5am to fix duplicates etc., and I've added a ton of manager changes, kit name/number colour fixes, rivalries, misspellings, allsorts (plus tactics from the Operation Sports spreadsheet - I prefer them to fluid formations).

Then, I noticed a stadium "bug" of sorts, and thanks to Konami's shitty way of doing things, it'll take another night or two of that kind of effort to fix.

Because league packs have been used that have featured stadium photos, but then those photos have been removed (because there's no room for them), the teams retain that "assigned photo" status and show a photo of the completely unrelated stadium that now sits in the same numbered slot that it used to.

There's no "reset" option, other than resetting all stadium info, which includes the stadium name and custom settings. Fixing that for 150+ teams that don't have a unique stadium photo is a stupid amount of work for no benefit.

Take a look, in-case anyone can think of something I can try:
PES 2017 Stadium Photo Reset?

I'm thinking I'll just import a picture that says "PES 2017" and assign that to all of the teams with no stadium photo. Then I won't have to keep reinputting names and custom details (running track colour, seat colour etc.) over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...

I spent three nights last week working until 5am to fix duplicates etc., and I've added a ton of manager changes, kit name/number colour fixes, rivalries, misspellings, allsorts (plus tactics from the Operation Sports spreadsheet - I prefer them to fluid formations).

Then, I noticed a stadium "bug" of sorts, and thanks to Konami's shitty way of doing things, it'll take another night or two of that kind of effort to fix.

Because league packs have been used that have featured stadium photos, but then those photos have been removed (because there's no room for them), the teams retain that "assigned photo" status and show a photo of the completely unrelated stadium that now sits in the same numbered slot that it used to.

There's no "reset" option, other than resetting all stadium info, which includes the stadium name and custom settings. Fixing that for 150+ teams that don't have a unique stadium photo is a stupid amount of work for no benefit.

Take a look, in-case anyone can think of something I can try:
PES 2017 Stadium Photo Reset?

I'm thinking I'll just import a picture that says "PES 2017" and assign that to all of the teams with no stadium photo. Then I won't have to keep reinputting names and custom details (running track colour, seat colour etc.) over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...

i had the same problem when i added my stadiums, the only way to fix it is assign all correct stadiums to all teams

i had the same problem when i added my stadiums, the only way to fix it is assign all correct stadiums to all teams
I'm talking about photos - I haven't got enough room in mine for all of them, because I've got a mountain of kits and a big chunk of managers too, I didn't prioritise stadium images and with no space left, I either spend half my free time resetting all stadium details and then reinputting them (which is madness), or I import a blank image to use for the teams that don't have a stadium photo (which looks a bit naff).

I really can't decide!

my finished file is here chris, might save you more hassle
Cheers, it looks great - love all the formation work you've done with it in-particular! I've just spent too long on mine now to give up on it, lots of work on duplicates etc. and I'm really happy with it, other than this damn stadium photo issue.

If only the BIN files weren't encrypted so I could just change the "stadium photo allocated" value to "0"...

I wouldn't bother with manager photos. Half of them will be sacked soon
I like seeing them in the Master League though, especially seeing as managers actually move about (unlike in FIFA) and you notice a new name / face somewhere.

My stadium solution has been to put in a blank image in slot 1, assign it to all teams that don't have their own stadium photo, and then delete the image in slot 1. It all goes wrong if you then import another stadium image, but if you don't, then even though the setting for each team is "setting on" (i.e. display the imported photo), because there's nothing there, it will show the default picture of the Konami stadium.

Absolutely ludicrous that we have to work around this stuff.

And it's out!

Great that we're now at a point where we've got a big selection to choose from. I've tried to cram everything I can into this one, it's been a hell of a job, but, now there's also goalgerd's great file with the fluid formation tactics.

Great time to be a PES fan! :D

I have a question about this. I've installed goalgerd's file after the first update and started two MLs and a BAL in the process. Then came DP2 and, as with everyone, fucked up all squads and the team layouts, but the ML luckily remains intact. I'm now considering switching to Chris's file though, as goalgerd understandably decided not to update his, but the prospect of fucking my saved games up is keeping me from doing so. Thus, does deleting my Edit Files and patching the game with Chris's file affect my saved games, or they are not harmed?

Thus, does deleting my Edit Files and patching the game with Chris's file affect my saved games, or they are not harmed?
If you reimport goalgerd's file, you'll fix most things - Brazil will probably be a mess and there'll be a few new free agents etc. but if you can put up with that, I'd do that instead. Also, your save won't be affected if you do that.

But if you delete your current edit data and replace it with mine, you'll find that where we've used different teams (for example, I've imported the J-LEAGUE), the team name, kits etc. will appear in your ML save but with all the players from the team goalgerd's file uses instead.

Right, so it's still a tough call. I'll see what I'd do. Thanks a lot for the info.
The biggest issue DP2 has caused is with Brazil, like I say. There are tons of players who existed as generic versions, who were renamed to match the player they're based on - and now official versions have been added. So without a fix, you'll have tons of Brazilian duplicates.

But that's outside of any existing ML save - if you want to keep that going as-is, I'd just reapply the option file.

I'm in a similar situation in that I refuse to start my ML again - but I updated the option file anyway because if I ever want to start again, I don't want to see duplicates all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom