1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

PES 2017 on PS4 Pro

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by Final Pass, 12 October 2016.

1. Final Pass

Final Pass League 1

23 August 2016
    What do we already know about it? I am struggling to find much news.

Official PES stated that PES 2017 will be patched to work on the Pro I take it?

Will it run in 4K from day one?

2. lazoli

lazoli Veteran

16 February 2005
    Far far away
    Chelsea FC
    My personal guess would be, knowing Konami, it won't be a day one thing but rather a patch coming out sometime later down the road to support it. I ordered one too so if anyone knows more about it please chime in...

3. Final Pass

Final Pass League 1

23 August 2016
    PES will work on the Pro from day one though surely?

4. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    Like one user said, when Konami say "short auf launch" then it's gonna be April next year! ;)
    I'd like to know more about the pro patch options too!!

5. P34SEMM

P34SEMM @iam_emmo

2 November 2011
    Romford
    Liverpool FC
    This is konami remember that.
    When the xb1 & ps4 came out they released PES only on the PS3 & 360 whereas EA released FIFA on a PS4/XB1 that came with the consoles.
    Konami will probably get this sorted around April 17

6. lazoli

lazoli Veteran

16 February 2005
    Far far away
    Chelsea FC
    I'm sure it will. No reason for it not to work. It's basically the same console just a bit more powerful.

7. Final Pass

Final Pass League 1

23 August 2016
    True. I just wonder when the upscaled visuals will kick in - probably mid 2017 knowing Konami :LOL:

8. lazoli

lazoli Veteran

16 February 2005
    Far far away
    Chelsea FC
    I'm sure they are working on it as we speak. Who knows maybe they will surprise us :)

9. P34SEMM

P34SEMM @iam_emmo

2 November 2011
    Romford
    Liverpool FC
    Can you just put your option file/Master League saves etc on a USB and transfer it over to the PRO?

10. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Yes and no.

Yes, Master League saves etc. will transfer fine.

No, option files - though you can transfer the "edit data" file - can't be put onto a USB stick and transferred as a whole, because the kit data that gets imported is installed into the game install data as opposed to the "edit data" file.

BUT, if they give you an option to connect a network cable between the two powered consoles and transfer everything over - which I seem to remember reading somewhere - you can transfer it that way.

Otherwise, you'll just have to reinstall the option file (there will be more all-in-one files by November, including one I'm putting together, so it shouldn't be a huge pain - especially if they fix the crash where importing too much data at once makes the game fall over).

lazoli and P34SEMM like this.
  11. P34SEMM

P34SEMM @iam_emmo

2 November 2011
    Romford
    Liverpool FC
    The wife confirmed she will buy me one for Xmas now I have moved the current PS4 onto the LG 4K tv downstairs.
    But I have to order it myself as she don't know what it is - ordering your own presents - the xmas spirit alive and kicking!

12. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Championship

26 September 2010
    I've upgraded to the pro and it'll arrive on launch day. Do I really need to spend hours installing another option file or can I transfer over what I've got using a cable? If so does anyone know exactly how to do it?