PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Played PES 2016 EURO campaign with Croatia and really enjoyed it. But easy O top player but very satisfying in building up play and scoring with tbh more variation than I recall. Suppose it's because I approached the game with variation.

Also had a moment with Modric where I had the opportunity to reenact his goal from the euros. The one outside the box that he hit on the volley and dipped low to the keepers right, ironically the keeper saved it on PES LMAO surprised I managed a low dipping volley like that.

Still a good game display a few faults especially the AI mentality and capability.

I know all the talk is about PES 2017 at the moment but has anybody been playing this since the latest patch?

I gave it a go after seeing so much positivity in the ML thread and i'm really enjoyingi it at the moment. I'm on full manual on Professional and there have been some terrific matches against the CPU. I have seen more variation with CPU shooting and not so much bottom corner shots. GK's have improved which is great too. Haven't seen any scripting from the CPU either but im guessing that will change on higher levels.

It has its flaws but well so did PES5. ;)

Does anyone have anytips for defending on auperstar level difficulty?
I play exhibition against germany and just cant stop letting in goals

Mostly they will have amaizing unstoppable through passes...and i shout at the a.i to strack them.

Unfortunately there isn't a block for it. It's the reason I cap it till top player.

I hope they fix this for 2017. Offline hasn't seemed to get much love the last few iterations.

Blasted myclub!

Does anyone have anytips for defending on auperstar level difficulty?
I play exhibition against germany and just cant stop letting in goals

Mostly they will have amaizing unstoppable through passes...and i shout at the a.i to strack them.
How wide defence to you have?
Do they play wide or central vs you?
How deep or how high is you def line?

I'm setting up my CB and rest of the defence to match my opponents gameplay.
I also use one strong and one fast CB
I usually send one player out to ball carrier,and controll the channels where others can run into manually
Since starting my ML this time around I usually have very little issues with what you're describing.
My four CBs are 79-80-80-81 ovr,so very good and that matters a great deal.
My tip if you're playing ML,build your team from GK and up,and not from fw and down

And I play superstar on manual,forgot to mention that

Last edited:
OMG Geeeee you're right. . . I'm doubled up here laughing. . .unintentionally hilarious lol.

I just had to watch it again for the music, it sounds like Sesame Street or somethiing :LOL:

I shouldn't laugh because i haven't a clue how to put a compilation together :P

I just had to watch it again for the music, it sounds like Sesame Street or somethiing :LOL:

I shouldn't laugh because i haven't a clue how to put a compilation together :P

Me either. . .aw jaysus that third track is the funniest thing ever .. I was in a heap begging for mercy with that one. It was so funny I couldn't get through the whole video. Add the fourth one as well lol.

Last edited:
Me either. . .aw jaysus that third track is the funniest thing ever .. I was in a heap begging for mercy with that one. It was so funny I couldn't get through the whole video. Add the fourth one as well lol.

:LOL: I hadn't got as far as the fourth track before, I completely lost it when I heard it. I'm done tears and everything :LOL:

I'm really sorry sepovich, it is a really good video with good goals. I hope you enjoy PES2017 too :)

:LOL: I hadn't got as far as the fourth track before, I completely lost it when I heard it. I'm done tears and everything :LOL:

I'm really sorry sepovich, it is a really good video with good goals. I hope you enjoy PES2017 too :)

Sorry Sepovich .. . he must hate us. . .me and you are going to hell Geeeee lol.

Cheers and sorry to bring this back.I have the pc version since back then and I am thinking to buy now from e-bay some physical copies of the game for PS4, one steelbook anniversary case and the euro2016 one.
I want to ask since the game is out of support now,if I install it today it will be vanilla version 1.0 or 1.01, without any DLCs, or will it somehow update inside game?

Last edited:
Cheers and sorry to bring this back.I have the pc version since back then and I am thinking to buy now from e-bay some physical copies of the game for PS4, one steelbook anniversary case and the euro2016 one.
I want to ask since the game is out of support now,if I install it today it will be vanilla version 1.0 or 1.01, without any DLCs, or will it somehow update inside game?
It should be all DLC included,I’ve bought Pes 10-11-12-13-14 on my ps3 the past year and they came with all DLCs
Just wish the gks were ok in this game,I really like it,well except gk and no fouls that is

It should be all DLC included,I’ve bought Pes 10-11-12-13-14 on my ps3 the past year and they came with all DLCs
Just wish the gks were ok in this game,I really like it,well except gk and no fouls that is
I'll possibly buy them, as collectibles.Fingers crossed that it will come updated or update inside in ps4 too, cause the vanilla PC version except for rushed;, it was half-arsed too. Many rest of Europe teams like Panathinaikos and Dynamo Zagreb ,came latter on the year back then.
Despite all these the PC version while having major flaws, has a decent replayablity. So i can't wait to see the difference with the "next-gen" PS4 version.
If the updates work properly ill go all-in-all for a PS4 pes2015 disc too.

I bought it 3 days ago (second hand) for Ps4 & having playing a CL tourn & about 10 ML matches on SS level with FUMA i srongly beleive that regarding offline gameplay vs cpu this game is the best Pes. Patch downloaded but i dont thing you can download anything from "Live update" for teams & rosters.This game is so better than any other version if you want to play vs cpu...

Dusted 2016 off and having a few games after years playing more recent Pes games. This is like fresh air.. easy to put good moves together, intelligent runs, better commentary and crowd effects, and great to put sliding tackles in without getting blown up for a foul. Why couldn't you have just improved on this great game konami?

Dusted 2016 off and having a few games after years playing more recent Pes games. This is like fresh air.. easy to put good moves together, intelligent runs, better commentary and crowd effects, and great to put sliding tackles in without getting blown up for a foul. Why couldn't you have just improved on this great game konami?
If they'd Pes 17 keepers I'd still play this.
And also the through ball is way too effective for the CPU,but the rest,really good

Do you rate 17 better than 16 mate?I have 16, 18 I liked a lot and 20 which I don't know if I've just grown bored of or whether it's got worse with the updates.

Do you rate 17 better than 16 mate?I have 16, 18 I liked a lot and 20 which I don't know if I've just grown bored of or whether it's got worse with the updates.
Yeah as a package I rate 17 higher,if 16 had the same goalkeepers it would probably be a tight affair,though the drawback (one of few) is the pace of 17,which is to high,even on -1.

I've given up on ML since Pes 18 (pretty good game) and only play League mode nowadays,and 18 holds up great there,if it had fouls and a tighter MF I'd play it more.
But 16 is a good game to me (goalies though) and pretty enjoyable,just like 15,which I find pretty underated

I loved 16 on PS4 just hated the issue that the CPU would only shoot low in the corners only time they shot higher was off of volleys (check CPU scoring with De rossi against me in the video @3:51sec)

but good memories of my Avellino team only ever got promotion and won the Italian cup with them vs Napoli in the final in 5 or 6 seasons but really enjoyed it

I did put this on my PS4 the other day for a quick game first thing i noticed was the crowd sounded so much better back then also the lighting in summer day time was the best of any version since

I loved 16 on PS4 just hated the issue that the CPU would only shoot low in the corners only time they shot higher was off of volleys (check CPU scoring with De rossi against me in the video @3:51sec)

but good memories of my Avellino team only ever got promotion and won the Italian cup with them vs Napoli in the final in 5 or 6 seasons but really enjoyed it

I did put this on my PS4 the other day for a quick game first thing i noticed was the crowd sounded so much better back then also the lighting in summer day time was the best of any version since
is there still a option file for pes 16 on the ps4? i cant seem to find it

Recently started playing this again out of curiosity too, It really isn't as bad as i remembered. Again, You go back to this after PES 2020 and it does become really apparent some of the quality of life mechanics that got lost over the last couple of years.

First thing that jumps out at you, Just like PES 2017; is the responsiveness. Some might interepret this as the game being too fast but i disagree. I feel like an activity such as football is very time sensitive and should be appreciated as such in video game form. Input delay and latency is never something a player wishes for or would believes enhances an experience. By the time you enter a command to respond to a circumstance such as tackling, player switching or a skill move - By the time the action takes place on your screen the situation has changed. This is the bain of 2020 and you'll sooner a dinosaur eat a child before you hear anyone defend something like this in Street Fighter or Call of Duty.

So the idea that as @Ted321 said, You can create intelligent plays and experiment with movement and dribbling without subconsciously stressing about wrestling with controls is an instant breath of fresh air and what football games should be all about whether it's a five year old game or a 15 year old game.

There's also some nice little animations in here that went AWOL after this and 17 that personifies players a little more such as defenders putting their arms behind their back in the penalty area, Players gesturing and throwing their arms up if you ignore them and of course continuing to fight for the ball when on the ground. Just sad that these moments are gone.

Of course, Better team positioning and creative AI that reached it's peak with 2017 but the foundations were clearly here.

The only things that truly soured me on this game then and came flooding back after spending a week with it was we had poor goalkeeping & ultra lenient referees. Keepers would make respectable to impressive saves 50% of the time but the other 50% we had the issue where the CPU should shoot low and hard into either bottom corner and the keepers would treat the ball like it was lava and reluctantly make and effort for it. They're also bugged in that keepers strictly stick to their goal line which put them at a serious disadvantage when charging down one on ones.

Nonetheless on a positive note, I really liked this goal i scored which bounced through Vardy's legs and into the net.

Recently started playing this again out of curiosity too, It really isn't as bad as i remembered. Again, You go back to this after PES 2020 and it does become really apparent some of the quality of life mechanics that got lost over the last couple of years.

First thing that jumps out at you, Just like PES 2017; is the responsiveness. Some might interepret this as the game being too fast but i disagree. I feel like an activity such as football is very time sensitive and should be appreciated as such in video game form. Input delay and latency is never something a player wishes for or would believes enhances an experience. By the time you enter a command to respond to a circumstance such as tackling, player switching or a skill move - By the time the action takes place on your screen the situation has changed. This is the bain of 2020 and you'll sooner a dinosaur eat a child before you hear anyone defend something like this in Street Fighter or Call of Duty.

So the idea that as @Ted321 said, You can create intelligent plays and experiment with movement and dribbling without subconsciously stressing about wrestling with controls is an instant breath of fresh air and what football games should be all about whether it's a five year old game or a 15 year old game.

There's also some nice little animations in here that went AWOL after this and 17 that personifies players a little more such as defenders putting their arms behind their back in the penalty area, Players gesturing and throwing their arms up if you ignore them and of course continuing to fight for the ball when on the ground. Just sad that these moments are gone.

Of course, Better team positioning and creative AI that reached it's peak with 2017 but the foundations were clearly here.

The only things that truly soured me on this game then and came flooding back after spending a week with it was we had poor goalkeeping & ultra lenient referees. Keepers would make respectable to impressive saves 50% of the time but the other 50% we had the issue where the CPU should shoot low and hard into either bottom corner and the keepers would treat the ball like it was lava and reluctantly make and effort for it. They're also bugged in that keepers strictly stick to their goal line which put them at a serious disadvantage when charging down one on ones.

Nonetheless on a positive note, I really liked this goal i scored which bounced through Vardy's legs and into the net.

yes i have started playing some also. im lucky enough to have it on ps4 and pc.. im looking for a option file on the ps4 or a graphics mod for the pc for it.. but they all seem to be dead links. any chance you know where i should be looking. and yeh pes 14 and pes 16 are my favourites

Back
Top Bottom