PES 2015 Master League Thread

I think you cannot edit the fictional players this year. (Have to check)

But if you start with Man Utd and use the ML Original players, then the Rooneys and Di Marias will become free agents to sign for other teams like all other national team players that are not on any club teams in the game

I think you cannot edit the fictional players this year. (Have to check)

But if you start with Man Utd and use the ML Original players, then the Rooneys and Di Marias will become free agents to sign for other teams like all other national team players that are not on any club teams in the game

Thanks for the reply! :)

Will try and see if I'm into using ML Original players or not. Are there any specific players I should look out on within the free agents list (e.g. national players without clubs)? Or is there a list of them floating around the internet? :THINK:

Prologue

We come into the next part on the back of some poor form as a team, but a few individual performances are turning some heads.

I am going through December and January with this one, as the transfer ban will finally lift after January and from February onwards I can look toward picking a couple of pre-contract signings and strengthening the team.

Also I looked at Nouhei Superleeds, but he was already 20 in my youth academy and his stats didn't look like they'd grow enough. Speaking of the youth though, Elmonovski has broken into and made the starting RB slot his own, amazing little defender.

December 2014​

Fixture 18 -
Derby 2-2 Blackpool​

Derby scorers: Martin, Russell

Blackpool scorer: Aakoebjerg 2

Good point gained after some more poor defending let them go 2-0 up, the poor defending has been the one consistent part of our season as we have the worst GA in the league.

Fixture 19 -
Blackpool 1-O Huddersfield​

Blackpool Scorer: Minandinho

We were poor again, really stealing all three points with one chance as Minandinho fired in the winner during our only decent 5 minutes of the game.

Fixture 20 -
Blackpool 1-1 Wigan​

Blackpool Scorer: Niellender

Wigan Scorer: Delort

Delort scored a fluke goal as the ball came off the back of his head and in at a corner, we needed a bit of luck as Wigan's backline made a mistake to hand Niellender an easy chance for the equaliser.

Fixture 21 -
Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 Blackpool​

Sheffield Scorers: May, Helan, Madine

We were awful, with absolutely no desire or control on the pitch. Sheffield managing to tear us apart with no effort. Not that it would have mattered, the three chances we had were saved exceptionally by Westwood in the Sheffield goal.

Fixture 22 -
Blackpool 0-3 Reading​

Reading scorer: Robson-Kanu 2, Murray

With confidence obviously shaken after the Sheffield game we failed to recover, all goals coming from our own mistakes as Reading never had to try to win.

Fixture 23 -
Blackpool 2-2 Norwich​

Blackpool Scorer: Vratokov 2

Norwich Scorers: Redmond, Hooper

Signs of life finally as Bulgarian Vratokov fired in a double on his first start for the side, unfortunately mistakes at the back once again let in a side for a comeback Hooper firing in the 6th minute of 2 added at the end of the second half as we dropped two points.

After this we have slipped once again, dropping down to 17th in the table as we continue to falter despite some bright signs at the start of the season. We are now going into what will probably be an agonising transfer window as we can't sign to improve even though we know exactly what we need.

Aakoebjerg and Vossen are sharing the top scorer spot, with both players on 10 for the season.

Whitehead takes the assist leader role into January, with 6 to his name so far.

January 2015​

With the window open you will be pleased to know that starting next season at least, there should be more to report in January as transfer activity is somewhat important, for now it's much the same.

Fixture 24 -
Middlesbrough 0-3 Blackpool​

Blackpool Scorer: Aakoebjerg 3

Aako has been amazing from the wing this season, and continued it with a well taken hat-trick at Borough.

Fixture 25 -
Ipswich 2-1 Blackpool​

Ipswich Scorer: Bajner 2

Long ball football from Ipswich proved effective as they stole a win in the ugliest way possible.

Fixture 26 -
Birmingham 0-1 Blackpool​

Once again we completely controlled the game and somehow failed to really capitalise on that. With 12 shots, 9 of which on target, 1 goal is a poor turn out.

Fixture 27 -
Blackpool 0-2 Bournemouth​

Bournemouth Scorers: Fraser, Mesa

We were poor and Bournemouth exposed that, as our inconsistency is turning into an unwanted pattern of W/L/W/L at this point.

Fixture 28 -
Blackpool 3-1 Brighton​

Blackpool Scorer: Mindinho 2, Van Boorad

Brighton Scorer: Ontivaja

3-0 up at half time as we once again controlled the match, unfortunately we looked tired in the second and after all was said and done we were lucky to only concede one as Brighton looked to fight back into the game.

Fixture 29 -
Charlton 1-1 Blackpool​

Charlton Scorer: Church

Blackpool Scorer: Heauderbaix

Charlton controlled the game as it was our turn to steal something, with only 3 chances and only 1 on target - even then Heaud managed to to hit the post before scoring from all of half a yard out.

So we are 14th with 39 points as our incredible knack of not showing up on matchdays continued well into the season. We are welcoming the fact we can finally being negotiating with other players - though there were some conditions set by the FL board.

Our wage cap was lifted up to an annual salary of £500k, with the potential to double every time we turn a profit annually, but we were also told to prioritise signings from Britain if we hope to successfully apply for a license to play in the league next season.

At least Aakoebjerg tops the league in some respect though, as the Dutchman has 13 goals at the top of the scoring charts.

Topping the assists at the end of January is Whittingham with 8 assists to his name.

Epilogue

So we are set to finally begin negotiating, these new rules set by the FL are a pain in the ass really but it makes it more of a challenge. Of course, I will still sign a foreign talent or two but I have eyes on targets from across Britain namely Harry Kane and Berahino, though signing them two - as well as a third target in Bamford - and fitting Minandinho as well as Aako into the side will be a headache of it's own.

I also hope to pick up the posting pace for this eventually, it's just not as easy to bulk play games on PES as it was with FIFA, it's weird I enjoy the game more but can't play it for as long in a single sit as I did with FIFA.

Hi all,

Anyone got any pictures of player improvements?

Im looking to see what Ruben Neves is looking like in your games.

Im Ajax and in season 2 he is still only a level 72... good but thought he would get better seeing as he plays almost ALL my games lol.

Hey guys, I tought I'd share some of my thoughts and experiences so far on ML.

After a long time not playing single player PES, I've started a new ML recently on Super Star level.

I've chosen Real Betis of Spanish 2nd division, with the ML default chumps. For me, it just ain't ML without those useless knuckle heads :LOL:

So I was expecting to struggle a lot in my 1st season, but actually finished champions of La Liga Adelante and earned automatic promotion for La Liga BBVA. This actually worries me a bit, because I'll be facing the likes of Barça and Real Madrid with their world beaters while I still have too many of the default guys. I barely had time to shift the squad.

I got me a new pair of CBs: Kana-Biyik for about 1.8m euros during the winter window, and Lugano on a free after I confirmed promotion. Although, those default guys Jacomorac and Stromer did a splendid job (I finished the season with the best defence).

During the season I had also brought in a Brazilian left back called Diogo, from Peñarol, and the Spanish veteran Capdevilla from a Bolivian club - both for low figures. But to be honest they didn't exactly rock the 2nd Division, especially Capdevilla, who I see now in a head-to-head contention with Holeigeu.

In the off-season I completed moves also for Chamakh (got himself a nice salary because he came on a free), a youngster that caught my eye playing against me for Barcelona B (forgot his name, but he's a 19 year old Cameroon striker with 93 for speed and explosive power) and also got Gnabry from Arsenal on loan for 1 season (I thought I'd develop him a bit for Wenger, hah).

Overall I'm pleased with the business I've done on a shoe string budget.

The only thing that still annoys me is the way the AI finds to make your life difficult whenever if feels like it. Sometimes you beat one of the stronger teams with ease, and then you'll get a mauling from a team in the relegation zone and they will pass the ball all day long and have like 65% possession against you...

Also, the thing that annoys the most: the AI's disregard for stats just to make your life more difficult. I could have the fastest wingers and I still cannot play some through balls without being affected by the so-called "catch up bug" - not so much of a bug, but a mechanism to make Super Star tougher.
At the other end of the pitch, the same goes for the CPU strikers. My defenders got beaten with ease on pace by a striker who, I later confirmed, boasted the same 69 rating for speed as Jacomorac.

I also notice an uncanny toughness from some small and nimble CPU players when I challenge them shoulder to shoulder. They're tough as they come, whereas my strikers just get humbled and man handled easily by any AI defender.

These are things that have been in the franchise for so long and I've just about accepted the fact they will never change. There will be times when you want to smash your controller, yes. The game will have some rigged matches whenever it wants to make life difficult for you, and there's nothing we can do about it. It's just the way the developers find to make the game as tough as they can while their AI script still evolves into something more challenging.
They've had some improvement I think - the way the CPU passes the ball around now is proof of that.

Anyway, for all its flaws, I think PES 2015 rescues the kind of fun we only really had in the old PS2 days.

Hey guys, I tought I'd share some of my thoughts and experiences so far on ML...
Anyway, for all its flaws, I think PES 2015 rescues the kind of fun we only really had in the old PS2 days.
Nice write-up, enjoyed reading that.

Nice write-up, enjoyed reading that.

Cheers!
I gave it a rest for some 5 days or so and started the new season at the Spanish top flight.

Currently sitting at 5th on the table after 6 rounds, I beat Getafe, and newly promoted Valladolid and Girona, all with a 1-0 score line. And also beat Valencia 3-2 at home. My defeats were to Barcelona at home (0-2) and Atletico Bilbao (2-1) away.
Not bad to be mouting a challenge for Europa League spots so early and I'm glad we kept it respectable against Barça :D
Real Madrid is top of the table and has taken 100% of the points. That tells me how the season will go. But well, it's very realistic in terms of what La Liga really is with Real and Barça so above others.

As for the stats improvement thing, it really happens seamlessly most of the time. Like, you've been playing a young player (make sure it says "Still Developing" in his profile) and you'll get a little bump in their rating now and then. But there's a real change when the game tells you a certain player is about to breakthrough.

It happened to me yesterday with Castolis. He used to have an overall rating of about 74 or 75, and after I the game told me to play him, his rating went straight to 78 overnight!
He's now better than Gellazca, although Gellazca had one of those breakthroughs himself earlier.

Do you guys know if those sudden improvements happen more than just once?

Rentboy (that name lol)

The breakthrough happens random but i know i have had only one player to get it twice in one season though on my Roma save...I think it was Kishna.

i have had four players get it in one season too also on my Roma save.

Don't judge me by my name. I had to do what I could to put myself through college :LOL:
I kid, I kid!

That's cool then, I hope some of my default chumps get another breakthrough. Paccini and Gellazca could use with some more stat boosting.

LOL

As for Paccini i have him as my RB on my Roma save :) soooo good.

Does anyone else feel like the defaults are TOO good this year?

They become good. They start as total chumps though. Only after a season or two, they become quite decent.

Minandinho and Vratokov are frequently called up to their national teams - which is a nuisance, because they come back all knackered and can't play more than one half! This lacks some realism... they shouldn't be so knackered.

I also like Castolis, Gellazca, Paccini and Holeigeu very much. The other good and solid servants of the club are Voleimann, Jacomorac and Stromer. But those won't go too far in terms of development.

Yeah, I think in this version they are becoming better than in previous versions.

One good striker that I missed was that Spanish centre forward Gutierrez. But Minandinho right now is as good as a default player gets :D

The defaults can easily help you advance from any D2 to the top division. They are more overpowered than in the past, but then in the past, they were usually already in the top division...so I guess they needed them to be able to be used for any team/any division...

Update:-

On my 3rd season, I'm 2nd behind Barca, but I'm having some second thoughts whether La Liga is the place to be.

Last year Real proved just too consistent and this year it's the turn of Barca, they have only drawn 1 game and lost 1 game, I'm now 7 points behind them in 2nd place. Just got defeated 7-0 against Real and playing against the super quick Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo is starting to knock away my desire to continue, along with this what seems a continual consistency that is super-human from them both in the league (I actually am 2nd, but can't see Barca slipping up).

Into the bargain during the Real Madrid game, Pepe who must about 32-33 is outsprinting my super-quick Striker Lopez (I think he's like 97-97 speed/pace) which is just laughable and Casilas seems to have some magic shield across his goal.

I face Barca in the cup next game in the 1st leg, and I'm into the qualifiers of the CL against Roma after winning my group convincingly agaisnt Man U, Wolfsburg and Fiorentina.

I'll see how the next season or so goes and decide what to do. Was contemplating creating a Scottish team and heading into the English league, but I'll see how the coming season goes.

Kinda bored already of the Colombia thing, no tournies, so I'm just skipping the friendlies, hopefully I'll still have the job come tournie time.............if it arrives.

Purchased Giovanni Dos Santos, swap for Iturbe, and brought in a couple of loan players.

Also brought in free transfers Niang (who I think I'll do a swap during the summer) and Alcacer.

FD

There's no use getting super fast players in this game I guess.
The rigged matches that come by from time to time makes attributes completely irrelevant.

Yesterday I had a little ML session and won a good number of matches until I sensed the CPU clicked into "focus mode" when I was facing Granada away. Typical scenario, when you face a team battling relegation and they play better than Real Madrid. I've been coming across this bizarre ML trait for the last 4 or 5 PES installments.

What happens is that a Granada player with 68 for speed and on a green arrow (normal condition) was outsprinting my Cameroon striker who has 93 for speed on an orange arrow. There is simply no use playing thru balls to these guys and once you realise that, the game is forcing you to play in another way. This is where it stops being fun, because you realise you are not playing a footie game as it were, but you're doing "the stuff that works" to beat the machine.
I hope KONAMI realises this takes a lot of the fun away and just finds other ways of making the game tough instead of resorting to attribute warping and stuff.

I've also had 2 annoying things happening to me last night. First, I got a "breakthrough warning" for Serge Gnabry and played him for some 3 or 4 matches, some of which I think he performed fine. But the kid doesn't have 90 minutes in his legs, so his lack of stamina forced me to sub him. After a while, I got a message saying that "a breakthrough seemed to be on the cards for him, but unfortunatelly it didn't happen this time". So nothing happened. Wenger won't be pleased... haha

The other thing is that I noticed some high profile players retiring too soon for no reason. I had been scouting Jefferson, who is the #1 keeper for the Brazilian NT and planned to make his signing at the end of the season. But much to my disappointment I learned that Jefferson, at the peak of his career and playing for the Brazil NT, decided to retire at the age of 31! :SHOCK:

In the meantime, I keep coming across legendary players such as Raúl González and Francesco Totti now aged 16. As a matter of fact Raúl is a Youth player at my club! This is really really annoying. I mean, considering some of us play ML for 10 seasons or so, how hard is it for KONAMI to have a script in place that generates random young players, with random faces and names, fitting certain templates or profile?

When we turn the "Classic Players" option OFF at the start of a Master League, we're not expecting to see this madness of legendary players respawned as 16 year olds, but it happens anyway.

I think KONAMI has to decide if they want a simulation game or fantasy. Cause they're stuck in between.

If they introduced an old school simplified Master League like the one from ISS where you just collected points from victories and signed Shevchenko, Rivaldo and Zidane with no questions asked, I probably would go for that.

Last edited:
I hope KONAMI realises this takes a lot of the fun away and just finds other ways of making the game tough instead of resorting to attribute warping and stuff.
I always appreciate reading write-ups from people who have a real handle on the actual weaknessness with this series (and it isn't the graphics or the lack of stadiums, lol.)

The attribute warping is also an issue in FIFA. But it's hard to imagine how Konami or EA are expected to increase the difficulty without attribute boosts of some kind. Anyway, your post is exactly why I never play ML, I only play exhibition games with the Emotion feature OFF. I've also edited player ratings in order to rebalance the gameplay: lowered shot power, raised GK ability, rated fast players 90+ speed and slow players 40-ish speed, etc. and so forth. I do this because all I'm interested in is having great games, I don't care about youth players or if it's not ML.

All I can say that for me, PES 2015 is the best footy experience ever, by a long shot. I work with what a game has to offer, rather than concern myself with what the game lacks.

I always appreciate reading write-ups from people who have a real handle on the actual weaknessness with this series (and it isn't the graphics or the lack of stadiums, lol.)

The attribute warping is also an issue in FIFA. But it's hard to imagine how Konami or EA are expected to increase the difficulty without attribute boosts of some kind. Anyway, your post is exactly why I never play ML, I only play exhibition games with the Emotion feature OFF. I've also edited player ratings in order to rebalance the gameplay: lowered shot power, raised GK ability, rated fast players 90+ speed and slow players 40-ish speed, etc. and so forth. I do this because all I'm interested in is having great games, I don't care about youth players or if it's not ML.

All I can say that for me, PES 2015 is the best footy experience ever, by a long shot. I work with what a game has to offer, rather than concern myself with what the game lacks.

I totally get you. The thrill of playing a footie simulation is definitely there on PES 2015. But in my case, I need some sort of added commitment or sense of continuity in what I do in the game, hence the need for a campaign. And Master League is the best way to get what I'm looking for.

The problem being that the CPU on Super Star does what it does.
But I think we may be asking too much from the developers to create a code that can outsmart expert players, therefore the warping of attributes will be there for many years to come, be it on KONAMI or EA games. Here's hoping they evolve this code and tune the AI cheating down a bit.
For the time being we just live with it and that's fine.

But at least some things about ML must stop right away: the thing about aging players retiring too soon (especially the case of goalkeepers who can play until their early 40s sometimes) and especially the rewspaning of legendary players as teenagers. This is easy to fix and one would hope they'd do it.

As for the game itself, it's really enjoyable and you don't even need to edit attributes to balance the game as long as you face other humans on multiplayer. That's where the real fun is at if I'm playing exhibition matches. I'll never do exchibitions against the CPU, just online and this is fine. Their online experience improved immensely.

@Rentboy :D

The option to turn off legendary/classic players only effects the players in the classic teams, such as Maradona.

As for the ML Default team i noticed that if you start in the PLA (south american league) you get a different set of players and one is rated 87 lol

And for the European default team that Gellazca looks amazing.

I've found a cheeky little swindle/con you can pull off in the Transfer Market. And no, I house no guilt, as the teams want silly money, way up and above the great players valuations.

If you're short of cash, offer what you have, then throw in your most expensive player into the deal. Or, offer very little money and your best player, if he is worth more than the player younwant to buy.

When the other team accepts, change the deal, remove your best player out of the deal, then hit them with a new offer.

They don't notice the player has gone, and agree to the deal.

Fools and their money as soon parted.....!!!

this was posted a few pages back,

question though... is when i tried it i couldnt get the lower fee agreed on it all went red faces.

That happened to me once! I offered a no-name default player to sweeten the deal and then I said 'f*ck it, they should take that money, its good enough'. So they took it. But it was a small time deal, I paid under a million to a promising Barcelona B youth, that's all. If I'm feeling ripped off, I'll try to pull that off in a bigger deal later :LOL:

@god84:

Yes, you do get a set of different players. European teams get only European default players and likewise, South American teams get a team full of South American defaults.

Please note that the player you refer to is the great Allejo. Go back and check it, he should be like 35 years old or something right now.

Allejo has a cult following among old school fans of KONAMI footie games, as he was by far the best player on the old SNES games - I think it was called ISS already on the Nintendo platform. That game was really good at that time and can be considered the father of Winning Eleven/PES as we know it.

Here is Allejo at his best :D
brasilgales.jpg

PS: I had some LOLs when I met a friend at a World Cup game last year wearing a Brazil shirt customized with Allejo #7 :LOL:

You can lower the fee to $9,000 or even $8,000 with this trick. I only do it for players that I feel should only be worth that much, cause if not, I won't be paying millions for a 16 year old...

That happened to me once! I offered a no-name default player to sweeten the deal and then I said 'f*ck it, they should take that money, its good enough'. So they took it. But it was a small time deal, I paid under a million to a promising Barcelona B youth, that's all. If I'm feeling ripped off, I'll try to pull that off in a bigger deal later :LOL:

@god84:

Yes, you do get a set of different players. European teams get only European default players and likewise, South American teams get a team full of South American defaults.

Please note that the player you refer to is the great Allejo. Go back and check it, he should be like 35 years old or something right now.

Allejo has a cult following among old school fans of KONAMI footie games, as he was by far the best player on the old SNES games - I think it was called ISS already on the Nintendo platform. That game was really good at that time and can be considered the father of Winning Eleven/PES as we know it.

Here is Allejo at his best :D
brasilgales.jpg

PS: I had some LOLs when I met a friend at a World Cup game last year wearing a Brazil shirt customized with Allejo #7 :LOL:

I LOVED ISS Deluxe, I used to be Argentina and Italy and used to love running have with the guy who looked like Baggio... G.. something, his name I think began with a G. I used to love watching the ball go egg shaped when you shot! (yes im old)

I would of loved to of seen the Allejo shirt!

Hmmm, I'll maybe look at that deal thingy. :D

With my anger at Barca and Real dominance, I worked a little cheat (I guess that's what you can call it, although I blame the Computer, lol). Playing Barca in the 1st leg of the cup and managed to grab a 3-3 draw. So I decided to play it back to my goalie and low and behold no-one came to challenge me, so guess what I did...............yep let the keeper keep the ball till the end of the game. Return leg, played the ball back to my keeper, once again never closed me down, and over that and the 2nd half I went through on away goals, lol. Get that up you, CPU!!!!! :D

I'll play normal against the rest, but Real and Barca, nope.

FD

When we turn the "Classic Players" option OFF at the start of a Master League, we're not expecting to see this madness of legendary players respawned as 16 year olds, but it happens anyway.

I so agree with you. Its irritating that an otherwise great game has these flaws. I try to totally ignore it and never have anything to do with my youth team.

Well... For my own Master League, I chose to leave Wolves after three great seasons which took me as far as the 6th place in the Premier League in my third and last season. I noticed that Lyon was without a manager and chose to go to Lyon to battle for the Championnait and hopefully CL.

So far only played three games (one training match which I lost 2-1 to a South American side). One Victory away 2-1 against Montpellier, and one surprising loss away to Sparta Praha 3-2 in the CL qualifiers. Just managed to score my second goal in the last minute with one of my youngest wingers. Important goal! Going to be difficult at home but I must progess. Sparta really outplayed me in the first leg and my side looked very very slow and tired. And with only a couple of days between these first matches my team is very tired and many with purple arrow Down... Difficult to start up with a new team and go for new tactics/or if you should stick with the tactics you have had success with but with another team?

Anyways, I have sold a few and bought in: Gimenez (DF)from atletico Madrid, S.Cisse (FW) from my old wolves side, Mexican forwar E. Herrera and on loan a Spanish left back from Bayern.

I desperately need to pace to this team. If some have suggestions to fast defenders (below 7 mio Euro) please let me know!

Does anyone else find this happening? When you get a message from your coach that a player is doing well in training and could benefit from a run in the team. When they get played and he tells you they have improved, previous improvements in training are lost?

I have three players that this has happened to this season. These were all good players, but needed stamina improving and speed. I trained them and they improved to the point that they could played all game where before two of them barely made it to half time.

All of them also got 1 or 2 points faster in acceleration an speed, which make a big difference.

During the season, two of them went through the process of the coach saying they had improved and their overall stat went up, one went from 86 to 91. Both were forwards and had been banging them in. After this, they seemed worse players, though their stats had gone up

After it happened with a third player, I realised that whilst a lot of their stats had gone up, they stats I had previously trained them in went back to what they were when I bought them, which meant they were slower and could only play half a game.

Well my Tenerife team are doing well.

In the league I'm 2nd still behind Barca, however they finally slipped up, against of all teams Granada 1-1, so only 2 points behind.

I still have tough games, but pretty sure Barca will have a tougher run-in that myself, think out of the top 4 or 5 in the league, I only need to paly Atletico Madrid. I'm also up against Real Madrid in the Spanish Cup. And faced off against Real in the QF of the CL. Was thinking of taking my 1-0 and keep the possession with the goalie tactic, but after scoring I was closed down immediately and decided to move it around, by the end of the first leg home game I had won 7-1, lol. The return leg I was defeated at Bernabeau 3-2. I now face off agaist Ath Madrid and Fiorentina face off against Barca.

Signed quite a few players, I have decided to do swap deals involving Niang, Alcacer and Lica, and bringing in some tidy players including Shin-Wook, Rodrigo and Guerrero (Colombia).

FD

Back
Top Bottom