PES 2014: How Stats influences AI

cire754

League 2
18 May 2008
Hello everyone,

I think the title warrants a standalone thread. So please post your tinkering of stats and how it affects AI behaviour. Remember to post the difficulty your "tests" are on. I know it can be placebo so I encourage you to play for an extended period of time with the tinkered stats, let say at least 20 matches.

Hopefully as more people tinker with stats, we have a sufficient base to derive some form of proof. It will also be good if you only alter one or two stats and not a whole bunch at a time, that makes testing difficult. Ideas on how some stats could influence AI are welcome too!

I am currently increasing defensive awareness of one GK, Southaampton's Boruc by about 40 points. My aim is to find out if this improves GK anticipation behaviour.

Great idea. One of brighter lights amidst all the moaning here.

So, I will repeat myself once more. Defensive awareness needs to be increased if you want tougher defence and harder games. Defensive awareness is a stat that expresses how fast players are reacting to situations while defending. Isn't it one of the most common criticizms of PES 2014? So far PRO-EVO Editing Studio 2014 allows to increase stats only by 40 or more points/percents (i hope it gets fixed with later versions or in another OF editor). I feel this is too much as it makes defences actually too good with defending players intercepting every second pass or so.

I would say, so far without any testing, 20-25% should be happy middle to have enjoyable, but also tough games.

My further idea would be to try decrease player Balance to have more fouls, but this hasn't really been tested yet.

Thanks Tinker! great post! Yes I agree, I wish for an editing tool that lets us edit stats easily. I remember there was one for PES2013, forgot what it is called..

i can safely say defensive awareness stat has no effect on keepers. it might in combination with another stat.
But for now I played about 10 matches with 2 keepers increased defensive awareness by 40 but effect. I do wonder if the strange/unrealistic body angle for some of the keeper animations is linked to any other stat...maybe agility/body balance...

Last edited:
But have you tried to increase it to field players? I just had a game.. damn, I can't believe how well it plays after this small correction!

I am fairly new to this and I saw your post about defensive stats, I have been very up to date on using rna.ini and cl.ini string edits for Fifa but its all different in PES.

So im very interested in these effects to AI (outside of exe hacks which I dont like the idea of at all).

If anyone makes changes and posts please add some screen grabs using editor if possible just to understand the changes. I am a full "tweaker" so anything to enhance AI Play. I have grabbed the gameplay templates from community (tactics thread here) for certain teams but still learning.

Last edited:
I am fairly new to this and I saw your post about defensive stats, I have been very up to date on using rna.ini and cl.ini string edits for Fifa but its all different in PES.

So im very interested in these effects to AI (outside of exe hacks which I dont like the idea of at all).

If anyone makes changes and posts please add some screen grabs using editor if possible just to understand the changes. I am a full "tweaker" so anything to enhance AI Play. I have grabbed the gameplay templates from community (tactics thread here) for certain teams but still learning.

You need PES Editor (http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71924), with which you can globaly edit player stats with a couple of clicks. Definitely make a backup of your EDIT file before, to state the obvious.

But have you tried to increase it to field players? I just had a game.. damn, I can't believe how well it plays after this small correction!

Not yet, just downloaded the editor you spoke off. Increasing it by 40 doesn't quite appeal to me lol. I don't want the AI to be over challenging, after all, I need to score goals for fun! :BOP:

Last edited:
Can't delete a player, got an error. any clues? Spurs in my OF has two Paulinhos, trying to delete one of them...

Tinker, for the global editing, there is a range option. So I was thinking, maybe you can increase the defensive awareness by 50% to only players that has def awareness stat between 40-50. That would mean this group of players has new stats of 60-75.

As for the group between 51-65, you could use the increase by 40% option, that way they only increase by 20-26.

This might be more balanced than have everyone has high 80s and 90s defensive awareness

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom