PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by Lami, 11 March 2013.

1. SiuMing

SiuMing League 2

4 December 2005
    Hong Kong
    I also want to try PES 2014 again after getting tired of the current style of gameplay. Let's me investigate into copying the J.League data from the Japanese PS3 version.

Meanwhile, I am also searching for the ways to play WE 2012 and 2013 J.League...

vialli82 likes this.
  2. Alx1234

Alx1234 League 1

26 July 2018
    Kaboul has the ball moving in front of him yet decides to runs across and away from the ball to allow Hull City to keep possession to score.

Just ****ing great.

[ Edit : I just stumbled across this youtube vid whilst searching for Burnleys PES name. Its some Fifa gamer trying out PES and whilst I don't endorse FIFA gamers this guy is probably playing PES the way its meant to be played. . ]

Last edited: 26 April 2019
  3. loco

loco Schaduwspits

12 December 2002
    Dreamland
    slamsoze likes this.
  4. josev

josev Conference

24 December 2013
    does any of gameplay patches really remove\reduce input lag and catchup thing?

5. MafiaMurderBag

MafiaMurderBag Purist

3 November 2009
    England
    Liverpool FC
    I'm playing on the last official Konami patch on PC, vanilla gameplay and there's no input lag for me. I think the PC version is the only acceptable way to experience PES 2014, The console version is just unacceptable performance wise.

slamsoze likes this.
  6. josev

josev Conference

24 December 2013
    good to know that, but how was the catcup bug though? last time i tried 2014, it was really bad, forced me into the posession style football too much, which i prefer anyway, but i felt frustrated that i didn't really have other options, also felt that some animations cannot be cancelled once executed which subjectively increased input lag, especially when dribbling

slamsoze likes this.
  7. slamsoze

slamsoze Premiership

28 September 2010
    I think animation having long execution tines, is a general phenomenon in FOXengine games. Especially the most physical versions 15/17/19, even the more responsive-arcadey 16/18 have some dribling and shooting animations that can " lock" your player for even more than two seconds, which in a footie-sim is too much time.
    But i think this is KONAMIs formula to keep things more solid in terms of physicallity and animations, at leaste in comparison with FiFA which is uber-responsive; by the time you press "shoot" for example, it is executed immediately, no matter the prior animation.

For me the biggest issues until now, is my teamates AI, which is like KONAMI forgot to program it sometimes, i can shield the ball and been pressed by two or three opponents and my teammates keep staying immobilised and holding their initial positions. The second issue is the ML, which is the most naked and dull ML in the whole series, everything is pretty shallow.