PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, guys. I'm about to start a PES tournament all-dayer with mostly randoms. What are the main problems / exploits in 2014 for me to watch out for? Also I'm Nigeria - any tips?

e75d0aa7_o.jpeg

I got a brand new copy for ... 5 euro from online store :D

Hi everyone. I got my PS3 back after some time and wanted to play a football game. Then I remembered I had PES 2014 free because of PS+ back then I decided to download the game again. Since the servers are down I can't seem to download the data packs. Is there a way to get them?

Hi everyone. I got my PS3 back after some time and wanted to play a football game. Then I remembered I had PES 2014 free because of PS+ back then I decided to download the game again. Since the servers are down I can't seem to download the data packs. Is there a way to get them?

Sorry to tell you Ermolli but Konami don't support Pes 2014 anymore so you can't access them.

Too bad no one is patching this game on pc anymore. It's funny how I like this game so much now. Back then I hated this game, I played fifa 14 so much that I didn't give this game a chance.

Nobody gave this game a second chance Elja. . it could have been the best Pes if they had kept working on it!

I tried to find an Of, even if it's outdated but everyone I found required some data pack installed.

Yes I think you have to have the same data pack installed in order for them to work.

I found this out when I was playing PES2013 with a new option file. It worked on mine but not my brothers because he had only just got the game so his one was out of date.

I emailed Konami to find out where I can pay for the latest data packs and, surprise surprise, they never replied. I think it's a bit of a joke that you cannot download the latest version / data packs after a a couple of years.

I love this game. Much more better than PES 2015 and PES 2016. Did someone manage to reduce the input lag? That and the long shots are the only problem I have with this game.

I love this game. Much more better than PES 2015 and PES 2016. Did someone manage to reduce the input lag? That and the long shots are the only problem I have with this game.

It improved a lot with patches . . the second last patch in particular it became more responsive to input and you could score from outside the box . . .the downside was the fouling was messed up . .constantly awarding fouls for a players momentum carrying him into a slide and clipping the player after the play was gone . .silly penalties being given.

I'm finding quite frustrating to play this game. It isn't because of the gameplay, it's because of the lack if an OF that I can use. I still haven't found an option file that doesn't require at least a datapack. I'm not looking for an updated 15-16 roster or one with all the leagues added, I just want one without duplicates, real names corrected and maybe with transfers from the beginning of the season. I could do it but it'll take lots of time for a game that I won't play nonstop since I've several games I want to play. Maybe ot isn't worth the trouble and should content myself with playing the PES 2016 F2P.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I thought it was better to discuss this here than in the PES 2017 news thread... :)

I've been using the PS3 a lot lately, trying to finish South Park (Stick of Truth) before the new one comes out (seeing as I was half-way through), and noticed that PES 2014 was installed (it was a PS Plus game at one point), complete with an option file I must have downloaded for it.

I started a Master League, just to experiment for a few games more than anything, and... It's pretty mind-blowing when you realise just how basic 2015 and 2016 are in comparison, and it's totally obvious from kick-off.

I started as Wigan Athletic in the Championship and had a pre-season game against a Spanish league team who were rated as slightly better than me. I scored in the first ten minutes (on Superstar) and thought "oh no, this is going to be too easy", but they shored themselves up and started trying to counter.

I briefly thought "okay, I'm seeing things that aren't there", when, at half-time, they made three substitutions at once, and rather than just changing formation but playing a similar style, they started pressuring me for every ball and hitting me with wave after wave of attacks, meaning I had to change to a deeper formation and try to absorb their new style - something I've never felt the need to do in any FIFA or PES game since. I ended up winning 1-0 when I thought I was going to be winning 5-0.

Next up was Fulham, in my first league game, and they were too good. They passed patiently in the first two thirds, and aggressively in the final third, putting me under constant pressure. They were 2-0 up at half time, and in the second half, played keep-ball. I tried to pack the midfield and prevent their dominance, but my players couldn't keep up.

Anyway, I'm not saying I could play it for a season - the button lag (2-3 steps before hitting the ball) I can handle, but when you're through on goal, press shoot, and that lag turns into your player taking 5-6 steps and running into the goalkeeper, it's classic PES bullshit that I can't cope with now that we're in the 21st century - but it's a much deeper game than 2015-2016, and that's a pretty sad situation, isn't it?

I put the 2015 disc in afterwards to give that a go and make real comparisons, and at no point did I have to change formation or think particularly strategically about what I was doing - I could bypass the midfield and score screamers, on Superstar, repeatedly, and the two matches that I played with two different teams (against two different teams) felt exactly the same.

Fingers crossed it will entertain me for a while longer yet, and that PES 2017 is some kind of combination of the two...

I'm back playing Pes 2014 ps3 the last 3 days. .it's good fun but as Chris says the delayed reaction to input ruins it when you've a goal chance . ..that and the lack of dribbling . .I'm gonna stick it out until the new Pes 2017 demo.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, and wow I've just seen this and 2016 me is pretty sad right now... :D

Fingers crossed it will entertain me for a while longer yet, and that PES 2017 is some kind of combination of the two...

But, I've got a question for the guys who have played PES 2014 on PS3 AND ALSO on PC. If anyone who did such a thing is still active on this forum...

I've been playing on the PS3 this past week or so, and I just can't get past the button lag, but I've read a couple of people say that they don't notice it on PC.

Guys who have played both - is this true? Just looking to get a few thoughts from guys who've played it on both, to confirm that the lag truly isn't there (or at least, not as pronounced).

Cheers guys!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I thought it was better to discuss this here than in the PES 2017 news thread... :)

Sorry to bring up an old thread, and wow I've just seen this and 2016 me is pretty sad right now... :D

Do you have to keep bringing this thread up Chris and reviving it? :P

To answer your question, i’m not sure. Although i would say that there is a slight delay on PES5 the PS2 version compared to the PC version.

So maybe on the PC the delay is not as bad :)

I've been playing on the PS3 this past week or so, and I just can't get past the button lag, but I've read a couple of people say that they don't notice it on PC.

Guys who have played both - is this true? Just looking to get a few thoughts from guys who've played it on both, to confirm that the lag truly isn't there (or at least, not as pronounced).

Cheers guys!

I was thinking about this game earlier as well as I might dip my toes into it during my classic PES Pilgrimage, however off the top of my head, I played both versions but predominantly played on PC. I do recall there being input delay on PC but it was no where near as severe as it was on PS3.

I don't think PS3 could handle the engine that well and obviously a decent PC could make any game look and run mint. The game was inferior visually on the PS3 too.

I was thinking about this game earlier as well as I might dip my toes into it during my classic PES Pilgrimage, however off the top of my head, I played both versions but predominantly played on PC. I do recall there being input delay on PC but it was no where near as severe as it was on PS3.

I don't think PS3 could handle the engine that well and obviously a decent PC could make any game look and run mint. The game was inferior visually on the PS3 too.
Thank you - time for me to try and find a copy on PC and a decent patch then...

Damn.

Does anybody happen to know where I can download the last data pack (7.00 I think)...?

Can't find it anywhere except PES Patch, where the links are wrong/dead, and the servers etc. are all offline. :(

Are you sure? I downloaded on 20/5/2018 and it worked for me. I'll pm you the link. Also as the most links are dead i skipped some other DLCs, dont remember which one,but the PTE patch seems to work fine until now.It took me 2 weeks to make it run properly.Despite the hole process was a pain in my @$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom