PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't care less about online modes personally. All I wan't is that old-school PES feeling wrapped in a new engine with realistic offline modes.

PES5 was the last football game that truly had me addicted and now I'm forgetting what that feels like.

totally agree...

i don't give a s**t about online part of the game. i want great single player experiance.

Couldn't care less about online modes personally. All I wan't is that old-school PES feeling wrapped in a new engine with realistic offline modes.

PES5 was the last football game that truly had me addicted and now I'm forgetting what that feels like.

Completely agree. Too much focus on online modes and gimmicks this generation. I think that was half the problem.

Hopefully they will do something about the running,shooting,tackling animations etc and please stop the ridiculous scripting/cheating.

I mean if you are going to use scripting to win at least make it tasteful e.g a well worked move instead of the unrealistic nonsense we have at the moment.

I see Tony Gubba has died, he was the commentator on ISS Pro 98 if memory serves me well.

foxengine.png

I don't see "barycentre physics" as a gimmick as such. It's something that, if done right, will add a lot to the gameplay. We've all been asking for a PES where the players act and move more realistically. Perhaps this year we might finally be getting it.

soccerx-messi-dribbling.jpg

barcelona+valencia+lionel+leo+messi+dribbling.jpg

About barycentre physics, I think maybe these two pics are good examples irl.

WHat do you guys think ?

Someone said on kitanamedia forum that the half face on the rightbside is the real one and the left is Fox Engine. If you look closely you can really see that the right part of the face is really more detailed, it's almost real life (or maybe it is indeed the real face), but the one on the left is awesome as well, specially if this is the moddel on the PS3.

Last edited:
Someone said on kitanamedia forum that the half face on the rightbside is the real one and the left is Fox Engine. If you look closely you can really see that the right part of the face is really more detailed, it's almost real life (or maybe it is indeed the real face), but the one on the left is awesome as well, specially if this is the moddel on the PS3.

It's very scary: "left side is real because it's more detailed" :CONFUSE: Where are the human beings going?

It's clear that the right side of the head is the real one, just look the ear, and above all, the hair.
However really impressive the fidelity of the facial part.

It's clear that the right side of the head is the real one, just look the ear, and above all, the hair.

Yeah you can see also closely right side of neck he is wearing clothes

Yeah..

From a certain distance we hardly see any difference, the left side matches perfectly the right side.

And from what I read on EDGE, this was on PS3. Imagine how the nextgen version will look like.:SHOCK:

Well I'd like to see the crazy fitness of players from one match to another sorted.
In my ML I signed Huigain and Gomez for a combined fee of 65m in the Jan window. It's now April and do you know how many games they have started? 2 each. They are never fit.
It's stupid things like this that need sorting in PES14

we are always impressed by the faces. So it doesn't mean anything. for me..dynamic weather, commentary, absolute freedom with influences from stats, realistic goalkeepers, total control of defenders where good player can have the advantage if he learns the defending skills.. are very important for me to buy a football game this year.

Also...i am very surprised about how so many people think in this or that. after 6 years it should have everything. no more "next year bullshit". everything shuld be in there. for example, modders wanted unlimited slot....give it to them...animations..give it to them. KONAMI should deliver. no more lame excuses.

Looking at the divided picture, i'm pretty sure that the model face is from Kei Masuda :P

Whether you like online play or don't, it shouldn't be too much to ask from Konami to have BOTH in modern day PES and to a damn good standard. The fact that they haven't managed this to date is shameful on their part.

Having been let down too many times by Konami over the last few years I find it impossible to become excited about these snippets of news about PES 2014. Most of which probably wont even make it into the finished product or will be rendered irrelevant by the usual scripting, clipping issues, poor AI and whatever nuttier-than-squirrel-shit decisions that Konami makes between now and October such as the addition of magical boots or leaving out a league mode.

Just for once, I wish Konami would forget about gimmicks such as "Baricentre Physics" and just concentrate on getting the basics right. The basics that they have manage to fuck up royally over the last few years.

The new engine everyone is creaming themselves over is more likely to produce another PES 2008 than another PES 2006 in my opinion. That's how much faith I have in Konami right now.

Erm, barycentre physics isn't a "Teamvision 2.0". It's science.

It's not them talking about the game, it's about them talking pretty much exclusively about new tech that will hopefully allow them to make they game they want to make, getting those basics right and all.

I'm not overly bothered about online either, and good tech can aid in realising improved online play in any case.

Last edited:
Interested to see that about the current gen PS3 version being so visually impressive. You'd think that at this point in a console cycle a game like PES would have reached it's graphical peak. Shows just how extremely promising Fox Engine is (or a modified version of it)

Interested to see that about the current gen PS3 version being so visually impressive. You'd think that at this point in a console cycle a game like PES would have reached it's graphical peak. Shows just how extremely promising Fox Engine is (or a modified version of it)

Remember that PES 2008 > 2013 was made based on the PS2 engine.
So with F.E. finally we will see how looks a PES game on PS3. Late but arrived.

Impressed with that face quality :)) Hopefully they do not forget upgrading how the turf looks too. Imagine much more realistic player model but with current turf and nets :YAWN:

I see that Konami's commitment & statement to build GK from scratch in PES 2013 does not really live up my expectation or many people's i guess. Oh and please have a look how the ball behaviour from GK's throw.. so limited in terms of direction, pace, and height..

I'll save my hope for next posts. By the way, welcome the new modified fox engine :COOL:

totally agree...

i don't give a s**t about online part of the game. i want great single player experiance.

totally disagree...
i don't give a s**t about single player part of the game. The football games, basically sports games are all about online and multiplayer experience.
All this 6 years , Konami thought like you, that why now they have just 10 % of the football games market .

Last edited:
totally disagree...
i don't give a s**t about single player part of the game. The football games, basically sports games are all about online and multiplayer experience.
All this 6 years , Konami thought like you, that why now they have just 10 % of the football games market .

Same! I just play online games nowadays. Cant even bother with offline modes. Anyway, im not expecting major changes this year from Konami or EA. Hope im wrong.

totally disagree...

Nonsense.

Whether you like online play or don't, it shouldn't be too much to ask from Konami to have BOTH in modern day PES and to a damn good standard. The fact that they haven't managed this to date is shameful on their part.

Having been let down too many times by Konami over the last few years I find it impossible to become excited about these snippets of news about PES 2014. Most of which probably wont even make it into the finished product or will be rendered irrelevant by the usual scripting, clipping issues, poor AI and whatever nuttier-than-squirrel-shit decisions that Konami makes between now and October such as the addition of magical boots or leaving out a league mode.

Just for once, I wish Konami would forget about gimmicks such as "Baricentre Physics" and just concentrate on getting the basics right. The basics that they have manage to fuck up royally over the last few years.

The new engine everyone is creaming themselves over is more likely to produce another PES 2008 than another PES 2006 in my opinion. That's how much faith I have in Konami right now.

spot on m8!!!

even pong could be a fun game on line.

A real game stands out for its offline components, meaning AI and a well done single player master league in pes case.

I mostly play on line when the game is no fun offline. I love a bit of competition, but nothing beats a well implemented single player experience , especially in sports game where u can coop with some friends.

pes has lost millions customers in the last 5 years. and quite frankly they deserved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom