PES 2012 stuterring a lot all of a sudden

FDB, new vid card for me 6750 (from 5750) and I am getting a lot of stuttering as well.

Still tweaking as much as I can. I'll try some of things you have. I know defrag will be first priority.

Any news, btw?

Not quite the same problem as the OP, but I get micro-stuttering (or is it macro-stuttering?) during gameplay. It's like a frame hangs for a fraction of a second every 5-10 seconds. Only affects gameplay - cut-scenes and replays are silky smooth. It doesn't make the game unplayable but is annoying once you notice it.

It's not something I've seen in other games. My rig is brand new and can run PES 2012 in its sleep. It's installed on an old HDD that has been formatted. Could that cause an issue? My gpu is a 7850 OC Edition and adjusting settings has not solved the problem.

I had micro-stuttering a while ago, tried all kinds to fix it. I ended up reinstalling Windows and it's been fine since.

I had micro-stuttering a while ago, tried all kinds to fix it. I ended up reinstalling Windows and it's been fine since.

I've actually done that too. Had to reinstall Windows 7 after I updated the BIOS on the motherboard. Reinstalled PES again as well. I can't work out what's causing it. Perhaps it's a software issue?

No news from me. Still have the same annoying issue.

And, let me stress this message for y'all: This only happens to me when I'm online, NOT PLAYING ONLINE, but simply connected to the Internet. As Jamezinho said, the game hangs for a fraction of a second every 5-10 seconds. I'm not sure right now, but I think it does happen during replays and all.

It goes away if you switch to some other screen (by using ALT+TAB or pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL or SHIFT+ESCAPE) and then go back to the game, but after a minute it starts doing it again.

No news from me. Still have the same annoying issue.

And, let me stress this message for y'all: This only happens to me when I'm online, NOT PLAYING ONLINE, but simply connected to the Internet. As Jamezinho said, the game hangs for a fraction of a second every 5-10 seconds. I'm not sure right now, but I think it does happen during replays and all.

It goes away if you switch to some other screen (by using ALT+TAB or pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL or SHIFT+ESCAPE) and then go back to the game, but after a minute it starts doing it again.

There is another thread here on a similar issue:

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=65367

Maybe worth a read?

@Jamezinho: Doesn't seem to be a possible solution for me. Remember that all my problems go away as soon as I disconnect from the Internet or unplug my router, or whatever other method I use to go offline. So it's not a 'settings' issue, nor a graphics card one, nor a CPU related one, not even a VSync problem. The key for me is in figuring out why the game stutters/lags/hangs only when I'm only. There must be something that 'activates' itself when I play a game while Internet is on.

Oh and by the way, just to be clear, Fraps tells me that I got between 58 and 60 FPS all the time.

And also... it's not JUST during gameplay, but on the menues as well.
It starts about 2-3 minutes after I run the game by clicking on the PES2012 (or any other games, like FIFA 12 for example) icon. Once again: ONLY WHEN I'M CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.

YAY!!! I finally FUCKING FIXED IT!

So, in case any of you might have this problem in the future, here goes the cause of the problem: Today, like any other day for the past 2 months, I turned on my PC and quickly fired up PES as soon as the Windows Desktop showed up (while I was connected to the Internet). Usually I surf the net a little bit, or take some time doing different stuff before I run a game. But today I wanted to see if the problem had "magically" gone away, same way it "magically" came up by itself overnight. Of course... the problem was still there.

But, to my surprise, right before I started the match, PES got minimized by the typical error screen that Windows 7 shows up when a program/process fails, and the program/process failing was "bmufa-64.exe". So I did a quick google search, because I had never heard of that EXE before. And, to my surprise there wasn't much information about it, but some people were reporting that it made their videos play jumpy and slowed down their computer. They said that it had something to do with RealTek Software, and it could be found here: C:\users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Realtek Semiconductor\Realtek HD Audio Manager\1.0.0.653\RAVCpl64.exe So I deleted that file

And I also did a search for the "bmufa-64.exe" itself, I found it under some kind of Windows Prefetch folder and deleted that as well.

Also worth mentioning, I found out on this website http://www.isthisfilesafe.com/sha1/30C9421DE9649F03641D89D01DA3D17481D3228C_details.aspx that the company under BitCoin is UfaSoft, so I searched my computer for "Ufasoft" I found a folder into the Roaming folder of User/Appdata of my HDD, and deleted that Ufasoft folder.

Finally, I used CCleaner to clean the Registry, and then rebooted my PC. Now the problem is finally gone and I can play games without sutter again.

The coinminer will use your CPU processing power to generate the coin, some infected user may felt their PC lagging due to this culprit. I guess it will send those generated "bit coin" to the culprit/creator via unknown connection, since it is "usable" digital currency like facebook credit.

That's why the problem only happened when Internet was available... cuz that's when the BitCoin Miner started to send information. It was unnoticeable if you weren't running a game, because the PC memory was pretty much free. But when some heavy application (such as a game) started to consume memory, that's when it becomes noticeable.

And I'm thinking that the whole trick to get to figure out that BitCoin Mining crap was possible thanks to running PES as soon as Windows started. Seems like that "bmufa-64.exe" process/program didn't have enough time to load properly and when PES started it made Windows give me that usual program error message which, otherwise, wouldn't have shown up.

BTW I'd suggest you all follow the steps I described, since Anti-Spywares and Anti-Virus softwares won't detect that BitCoin Miner.

Last edited:
Glad you fixed it, FDB. Never heard of that .exe either - I'll have to make a quick search for it just in case. I always delete the prefetch folder though - but of course, you couldn't have known that it was doing that.

I know there is a way to prevent FIFA from going online (checking EA servers) - is there anyway, other than through the firewall, that prevents PES 12 from accessing internet?

Glad you fixed it, FDB. Never heard of that .exe either - I'll have to make a quick search for it just in case. I always delete the prefetch folder though - but of course, you couldn't have known that it was doing that.

I know there is a way to prevent FIFA from going online (checking EA servers) - is there anyway, other than through the firewall, that prevents PES 12 from accessing internet?

For PES what I did was block all incoming and outgoing connections for "PES 2012.exe" through Windows 7 Firewall and also got Jenkey's gameplay tool which comes with an option to disable network checking for a quicker start. But I was doing ok already with the firewall blocking.

Back
Top Bottom