PES 2012 ONLINE Discussion thread

Question to the guys that have the game (or anyone else that knows)...

Can you have 2 player co-op vs ai on different consoles?

Thanks in advance.

We had it in 2011 but I haven't opened my 2012 yet so don't know. But no reason not to be there when you create a room under match lobbies.

Anyway weird thing is FIFA has all the different online modes but doesn't have something as simple as this.

Hello everyone,

I just got my copy of 2012, and since I only play online 1v1 I thought this would be the place to post some first impressions and niggles. I'm a 'mature' gamer and have been playing PES since 06.

First off: although I experience no apparent lag during gameplay, in my first 5 online games, three of my opponents used the 'bad connection' cheat to deny me of victory. Normally I laugh at this, however in 2012 I get penalized if I don't have a game completion rate of 70% or above. So yet again, Konami allow a small group of cheaters to ruin the fun for everyone else.

Ronanldo, Messi et al. are too strong again. I mean, they are ridiculously superhuman.

The goalkeepers seem to be much worse than last year (and that's saying a lot). They are like blocks of wood, allowing the ball to whizz past them even if they are standing in the way. Also, I have noticed that my keeper sometimes makes an involuntary run out of the box, leaving the goal wide open. I seem to have no control over this whatsoever and it's really annoying.

I do like the new AI features and the passing and general gameplay seems more fluid, but I feel the ball physics has taken a step backwards. It's like the awful PES2008 - ping-pong.

Also, what happened to offside? I've been offside loads but I haven't been penalized once. I notice the linesman flagging play on, but at least one goal was scored by a player who was miles offside.

Now I don't want to sound too moany - I will play-on and work through the quirks and frustrations like every year. But I do wish Konami would take heed and round-off the rough edges.

I am gutted by your short review jaboy.

Like you, i am some one who only plays online. And its not only you saying online is fast and arcadey. So we are back to playing cheating athletics instead of football?

This sucks!!!!!!!!!

Not buying when its not patched. And Konami, give us the damn top team filter. We dont want to play vs barca all the time.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I just got my copy of 2012, and since I only play online 1v1 I thought this would be the place to post some first impressions and niggles. I'm a 'mature' gamer and have been playing PES since 06.

First off: although I experience no apparent lag during gameplay, in my first 5 online games, three of my opponents used the 'bad connection' cheat to deny me of victory. Normally I laugh at this, however in 2012 I get penalized if I don't have a game completion rate of 70% or above. So yet again, Konami allow a small group of cheaters to ruin the fun for everyone else.

Ronanldo, Messi et al. are too strong again. I mean, they are ridiculously superhuman.

The goalkeepers seem to be much worse than last year (and that's saying a lot). They are like blocks of wood, allowing the ball to whizz past them even if they are standing in the way. Also, I have noticed that my keeper sometimes makes an involuntary run out of the box, leaving the goal wide open. I seem to have no control over this whatsoever and it's really annoying.

I do like the new AI features and the passing and general gameplay seems more fluid, but I feel the ball physics has taken a step backwards. It's like the awful PES2008 - ping-pong.

Also, what happened to offside? I've been offside loads but I haven't been penalized once. I notice the linesman flagging play on, but at least one goal was scored by a player who was miles offside.

Now I don't want to sound too moany - I will play-on and work through the quirks and frustrations like every year. But I do wish Konami would take heed and round-off the rough edges.

i agree with the bolded bits, but the ping pong passing is because of passing assistance that is used by people playing online. Try playing against someone with 0 assistance, you will see a whole new gameplay

Like you, i am some one who only plays online. And its not only you saying online is fast and arcadey. So we are back to playing cheating athletics instead of football?

This sucks!!!!!!!!!

Not buying when its not patched. And Konami, give us the damn top team filter. We dont want to play vs barca all the time.

Aww man - don't get too down about it. There are still plenty of redeeming features. On previous years there was some improvement after patching.

And I totally agree with you about the top-team filter. The funny thing is, the people who play these for Ronaldo/Messi are probably those that complain about the lack of official licenses.

the ping pong passing is because of passing assistance that is used by people playing online. Try playing against someone with 0 assistance, you will see a whole new gameplay

That is disappointing.

Hello everyone,

Jaboy, I have to say I agree with most of the bitss you listed here except for the Messi, Ronaldo part. I've played 7 games online so far (as Napoli). 5 games vs Barca, 2 vs Real (that's a problem in and of itself, where everyone chooses only these teams). I've tied 3, lost 1 and won 3. The loss was the 1st game where i tried to go toe-to-toe with Barca and lost 3 nil. I decided afterwards that I need to change my tactics and went to an all-out defense mode and spring counterattacks and have since only conceded 2 goals in 6 games (both 1-1 ties).

The game is just way too fast and Konami should reward their hardcore, loyal fans with the ability to filter game options to -2 speed and 0 assistance. Also, game length could be doubled. A 20 min game against real soccer playing opponents on these settings would be freaking awesome.

Just had another thought. Konami (and probably FIFA as well) should implement a weighted points system for match rankings. You want to play as Barca or Man Utd, well you only get so many pts for a win. You take a 2nd tier team and play vs a top team, you get pts even if you lose. This way there would be a risk/reward thing for team selection.

This sucks!!!!!!!!!

Apparently gameplay is fast and arcadey on PS3. You might find it more to your liking getting the game for PC. People have been saying PC version has a lot more realistic pace, slower and smoother build up play and therefore the top teams being less 'superhuman'

Just gathered some opinions on the subject:

This game is ALL OVER THE PLACE.

In the demo's I was happy with gamespeed -1. Then when the retail game cam out I was happy at gamespeed 0 results wise, but it didn't feel realistic. So I cranked it down to -2 and whilst the game played better I couldn't score, this is on PS3.

Then played it on the PC and the game seemed different again. Normal gamespeed weas slow and deliberate, and the game played like a full on simulation. But not sluggish, just realistic slow, but with the correct speed bursts etc for countering etc.

So

1) I think the PC Version is somehow much, much better than the PS3. There seems to be more build up play from the oppo.
2) When I go back to the PS3 game everything seems 1000mph hyper. Literally too responsive, and just players like crazy.
3) Previously on gamespeed 0 on PS3 I could win but the game was farcical Benny Hill, but couldn't win on -2 on PS3 very much
4) On PC, everything seems fine. Right pace, and winning, and realistic!!!!!

BINGO - I think I've found my platform.

Make of it what you will, but the gamespeeds are all over the shop, I guess it depends on how each individual plays the game.

Okay I have the PS3 version of PES US, but my friend has the PC version....am I friggin missing something or is the PC version far superior than the PS3 version?

Not just in terms of graphics etc, but my mate was running a few watch matches to bump his points up so he could get the club lineups from the content section and used Man Utd v Arsenal. Well bugger me sideways, both teams were playing lovely passing football, a far cry from when I used these sides on the PS3 to watch.

What the hell, is the PC version much different in that the AI actually passes the ball about? Also the ball physics seem better and the gameplay is perfect on 0 gamespeed?

Can anyone who has the PS3 and PC versions tell me is there any huge differences that they have noticed, because the PC version looks and plays unbelievably and this is without the first patch being updates.

The game feels perfect on default on the PC. The game is a bit of a mess on the PS3 in my opinion. You need to tone it down to -1 or even -2, but that just ruins the animations, ball physics and the ball hangs in the air forever.

Each to their own I suppose, for now I'm loving the PC version.

A 20 min game against real soccer playing opponents on these settings would be freaking awesome.

In PES6 it was possible to replay matches against the previous opponent, and if I remember there was a filter for game length. I miss these features - often you would meet a like-minded player this way and have a run of decent games.

I will investigate your other suggestion - thanks!

In PES6 it was possible to replay matches against the previous opponent, and if I remember there was a filter for game length. I miss these features - often you would meet a like-minded player this way and have a run of decent games.

I will investigate your other suggestion - thanks!

you can now replay matches against the previous opponent
it's called "play again quick match" or something like that (i have Italian version), it's an option that appears at the end of the match
both the players must choose that option to replay the match

no filter for game lenght, you can set half lenght only in lobbies

you can now replay matches against the previous opponent
it's called "play again quick match" or something like that (i have Italian version), it's an option that appears at the end of the match
both the players must choose that option to replay the match

Yes, I saw that (Dutch retail version) but when selected I was sent back to the menu screen. Obviously my opponents didn't like me ;)

Back
Top Bottom