PES 2012 ONLINE Discussion thread

Musy

League 2
21 December 2009
London, UK
MAN UTD
I don't think there's been an online thread yet. We can use this thread for any suggestions and comments relating to the Pro evolution soccer 2012 online experience for Ps3 and Xbox 360.

First off, I'd like to pose the question, why oh why do we not have the freedom to choose game speed in online matches?

First off, I'd like to pose the question, why oh why do we not have the freedom to choose game speed in online matches?

Wtf? I hope both have to agree to it.

Not a single review I've read mentions online play. This is a biggy for me, as I won't be buying it if it's a laggy mess again.

Game speed in online would be dumb cuz both would have to agree on it. What if someone dont wanna play with your speed? no game then i guess lol. Online needs to be standard, just like player stats.

Anyway... i'm getting the game this weekend. Anyone know how the online is on PS3? Lag?

Many of you are asking about the new Master League Online and the contracts and so on. So, I thought I'd explain to you briefly most of the things about MLO.

First of all, if you just got the game, I highly recommend that you play the "Training" before playing any match. It has some very useful techniques that you will need when you play.

When you start MLO, you need to first choose your team and your currency and then you're set. You can change the team name, team design, squad numbers, home stadium just the like last year's MLO. Of course, you can't change the team name of many groups, but the game will tell you what team you can or can not change its name. There is something new which is called "Team Type". It can either be Balanced, Physical, Speed, Technique, Set Piece, or Teamwork. By default, it's set on Balanced, but you can change it depending on your preferences. I don't have much idea about what the Team Type does, but I think that choosing any of those will gear your team towards this specific style.

There is an improvement in the "Transfer Market". We can now include specific terms when searching for players. You can choose the player's name, group, nationality, position, height, age, overall rating, player index, abilities, and budget. I think that adding player index (the cards) and the abilities was great ! It's easier now to find the players we need for our teams.

Another new feature is the contracts system. When you buy a player, you will have to pay the fees in addition to the player's contract for 10 matches. For example, Messi (98) costs 21 mil and his contract for 10 matches costs 2.25 mil. When you first sign the player, you MUST sign a contract for 10 matches. When Messi has completed 10 matches and the contract is over, you can then renew the contract for either 10, 20, or 50 more matches. You can of course renew the contract at any time. For example, you can renew the contract of Messi even when he was 4 matches left.

If the contract is over and you don't renew it, then the player will stay in your squad, but you won't be able to use him in your next matches. So, don't worry, the player won't leave the team if you don't renew his contract. If the player still has a contract for a few more matches, but you decided to release him, you will waste the money you payed for the contract, and you will only get money of his worth. Say 21 mil for Messi for example. So, before signing a contract, think about whether you want to keep a player for a longer time or not.

If you bought a player and signed for 10 matches, but you kept him in the bench, the player will still have 10 players to play ! The system is precise. So, if you let a player play one half of a match only, he will have 9 matches and 45 minutes left to play.What will happen if the player only has 45 minutes to play ? I think they won't let you use the player the next match until you renew the contract.

Di Maria (75) costs 2.1 mil and 10 matches costs 1.1 mil. However, if you choose to renew the contract for 50 matches, that will only cost you 3.8 mil. So, you save 1.7 mil ! Well, you need to be sure that you want the player for 50 matches.

The price for buying or selling a player is the same. If I wanted to sell Di Maria, I will get 2.1 mil. However, bear in mind that you had to pay 3.2 mil because you must sign a contract for 10 matches when you first buy a player.

The other nice thing about the game is that Stamina is crucial in the game unless you have subs. The stamina of the players decreases every match if you keep using the player and not resting him. Also, if a player gets a red card, he can't play the next game. Now people are going to think twice before tackling our players !!

Having a team full of superstars is not easy. You will need at least 110mil to have 11 players and then 22mil as a 10 matches contract, and then a few other subs. So, unless you win in most of your matches, you will go bankrupt in no time.

You still don't choose who you want to play against, just like like year. But now you don't pay any fees when playing quick matches or entering competitions. Roughly, you get 1.5mil when winning, 1mil when its a draw, and 500K when losing, but this is just roughly ! competitions are not yet opened, but I see that the winner's prize money is 10 mil ! That's very nice.

One last thing I can think of is that at the end of every match, you can give the other person a "Fair play", which means that he played fairly and didn't cheat. I didn't see any use of this so far, but the important thing is that if you disconnect while playing against someone, your fair play rating decreases, and if it keeps decreasing, you will be kicked out from MLO or the team will be resetted, I am not sure.

Yeah good write-up. :TU:

My only concern with these 'Fair-Play' clicks, is that you'll get the bellends that will give you a negative click even if you beat them fairly.

Ah, right. Cheers Zlac, thats makes sense. I guess the negative side must come from disconnections then.

From what i´ve read, the Fair-play its just a tagging system. Imagine you play against me and because it was a very great game, you Fair-Play click me,and if in a week you´ll play against me again, you wold know that i´m a player who plays the game as it should or has you would like, because you will see the Fair-Plau tag on my name ( because you gave it to me in the last encounter )

Wtf? I hope both have to agree to it.

Not a single review I've read mentions online play. This is a biggy for me, as I won't be buying it if it's a laggy mess again.

I agree, Konami themselves seem to be dealing with online almost as an afterthought. So frustrating!! They should have done a multiplayer online beta just like battlefield 3 is doing now.

So, the 1 option i am asking for years now is still not in????

I want to choose in quick ranked match that i dont want to play 5 star teams. Or maybe ven only 3 stars and lower.

This will make online a thousand times better. Its easy to do for konami but for some reason they just dont do it. I hate it, every game vs the barcas and the inters.

Give us that damn topteamfilter in ranked matches!!!!!!!!!!

In the US version of the game can you access the EU servers in the match lobby?

The US version is released here.. don't want to rush and get it.

The only problem I have in Online Mode is playing with Brazilian people, it seems I always have lag while playing with them, but this year Online is fine.

Online is fine? How is it when you try to play a 2 vs 2 match? With pes 2011 if I wanted a quick match with 2vs2 it was just broken and slow and it would take me at least 20 to 30 minutes to get into a match with 3 other separate people in the match lobbies. Which is ridiculous.

Online is just fine, at least 1vs1. And I come from the FIFA wonderland on PSN.

The thing that pisses me is the fact that even if someone quits on you, you still get an unfinished game penalty --"

Second time, today...

Sorry, I don't get it with that passing assistance. What's the problem - if you feel in disadvantage due to the discrepany between high and low assistance, simply adjust the level.

The biggest problem is the cheating with lags and disconnections. I played against 2 opponents that caused lags everytime i was in possession...
this sucks at all - more than playing against barca, real, inter or milan all the time.

Sorry, I don't get it with that passing assistance. What's the problem - if you feel in disadvantage due to the discrepany between high and low assistance, simply adjust the level.

The biggest problem is the cheating with lags and disconnections. I played against 2 opponents that caused lags everytime i was in possession...
this sucks at all - more than playing against barca, real, inter or milan all the time.

there is a problem, you must not be forced to play an arcade kind of game upping assistance just because your opponent uses full assisted passing
Konami should give us the option to find other low passing assistance players,this way the game will be much more enjoyable

too much parameters to match in my opinion.
i think they should not have implemented this kind of assistance levels to prevent discussions and complaints
unless the act like ea with classic and tactical defense for offline and online and force the people to play only one style - or one setting...

Best thing to do would be to make zero passing assistance the online default setting, 1-4 offline. That way people who play online for ranking points have to learn to pass with no assistance. In the friendly player match rooms you should be able to set it to 1-4, but for ranked matches and MLO you should learn to play with no assistance. Then it requires skill to get those points.

You could argue about too many parameters eg. unassisted and semi-assisted player switching, but those are more down to taste, passing assistance is the bread and butter of the game and should require skill.

This is PES, not FIFA. Konami should be aiming for the hardcore, not the casual gamers. It is the hardcore that have kept buying the game even when FIFA is getting critical accalim.

sorry, but this is nonsense. if pes should only be for hardcore gamers, than the series will be dead within short time.

with the choice of parameters, everyone should be able to play the way he is able to play and which gives most of fun - in the end it's entertaining software.

but i agree that those options are not good when it comes to online-gaming. in my opinion it would have been better if konami had not implemented any kind of assistance sliders - so that gameplay would be online and offline the same for everybody.

let's say someone is new to pes and needs assistance switched on - you will keep him away from ranking games in online mode? not a good idea.

Can anybody confrim there is an actual standard Game-speed setting for Online play ? I'm positive that PES 2011 adopted a policy for which the Host of the match dictated the Game-Speed ?

I had a few super-quick MLO matches last year where the Host clearly had it on +2. Nobody has really ever mentioned this, but I'm sure it was the case. And, it makes sense from the Host's perspective.

Can anybody confrim there is an actual standard Game-speed setting for Online play ? I'm positive that PES 2011 adopted a policy for which the Host of the match dictated the Game-Speed ?

I had a few super-quick MLO matches last year where the Host clearly had it on +2. Nobody has really ever mentioned this, but I'm sure it was the case. And, it makes sense from the Host's perspective.
i have 0 game speed setting and online it feels like a +1

I wonder if it's possible to see the complete ranking table of all online players? yesterday i tried to find this, but no success. can someone tell me where to find this or is it no longer available?

i have 0 game speed setting and online it feels like a +1

That is SOO bloody frustrating, I may have to trade in my PS3 copy for a PC copy if it's like that. Someone on the gamespeed thread mentioned PC gameplay is slower

Jimmy, 2011 online gamespeed was definitely fixed on just default, what you're referring to about the games that felt fast is like Ameppe says; I think it's online stability issues, it just doesn't play the same as offline.

I tweeted Jon murphy asking: "Jon, plz reply,can gamespeed option be implemented for ONLINE matches via patch? Default gamespeed too fast with top teams!!! "
But he didn't reply...

Does anyone know if there's much difference between the players on the servers of the EU/US/Asia versions of the game (stylistically or numerically)?

Been playing in the US on the US version, not sure if I should switch things up this year. Is the connection speed going to suck?

I play with south americans (brazilians, chileans, argentinians etc) all the time and the connection speeds were fine. I figure that's a good distance, I may look into playing on other servers as well..

and for some reason I hardly see anyone who is actually from US on the US version..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom