PES 2012 hint at better ONLINE?!

Musy

League 2
21 December 2009
London, UK
MAN UTD
Respected review sites such as WENB have indicated final review code (PES 90% finished)there is an apparent drop in graphical detail compared to PES2010 and PES2011.

This may hint at a compromise being made so as to achieve a smoother online experience?. I don't know if I'm right on this, but doesn't tuning down the graphical detail reduce the data load on internet connections of the players in an online match?

PES has repeatedly suffered lag in online matches over the last few years and last year Konami came out with a statement saying any online lag was due to internet connection quality! This year, in theory the more fluid gameplay and lower graphical level should help iron out any online lag or glitches in gameplay.

I guess we have to wait another month to find out whether I'm right. Let's pray we have the smoothest online experience this year to go with the amazing gameplay.

Honestly, I'd say it's been better than 2011 in several areas, like the pitch, as many who've played both PS3 and PC versions would attest (I don't know about 360, since I don't game on it). Why would 2010 and 2011 have anything to do with it? And honestly, I've never faced any real lag on Pro Evo last year, unless you are speaking of cheaters on MLO/online etc. who are intentionally lagging the game (by downloading stuff on the go, etc. - it happens so many times in the cups). I heard Konami's clamping down on it by changing something within MLO, not sure what exactly though, news has been sparse.

Also not a month if you import either the US or EU versions - less than two weeks to be exact. I don't give a shit about BLES or kits, as I want to get my hands on the game as soon as I can.

Last edited:
The reason there is a drop in graphical detail is because this game is made for the PS3 and XBOX 360. Both of these consoles are starting to look underpowered for today's games. You can either have quality graphics and less complicated a.i like Fifa or you can have average graphics and more complicated a.i like PES. You can only do so much with 512 mb and 5/6 year old graphic cards.

PES 2011 can be really bad online. It's like the players and ball are stuck on glue and you are trying to drag them around it rather than play fluid gameplay

This makes things like penalties really bad. I LOVE the current penalty system, offline I can put the ball anywhere I went in the goal. This is impossible online as lag makes a varying degree of delay that you have to guess. If the game is laggy, when my player makes the run and I press direction, it usually goes straight to the keeper due to delay

Sort it out Konami jeez

The reason there is a drop in graphical detail is because this game is made for the PS3 and XBOX 360. Both of these consoles are starting to look underpowered for today's games. You can either have quality graphics and less complicated a.i like Fifa or you can have average graphics and more complicated a.i like PES. You can only do so much with 512 mb and 5/6 year old graphic cards.

Don't blame the consoles, blame the dev's. PES looks like crap and also lags harder compared to games like Uncharted or Killzone.

Current gen consoles could be half a decade old but they still kick ass :D

Alot calculations going on with football games. Alot more than uncharted. PES and fifa are very cpu bound.

LOL

Yeah im sure PES has more calculations in a 1v1 online game than 16vs16 players playing Killzone 2 LOL and Killzone 2 graphics blow PES out of the water in everything. There is even planet rotation calculation is Killzone 2, no joke lol.

Back
Top Bottom