Pes 2012 Game Speed

Ok I got the game last night - offline game speed on zero is perfect on Xbox 360 (playing on regular).

Online game speed - I don't think it's an issue with the game speed as much as it's an issue between the lag and the pressure/charging down of your players. As a result of both you basically have to 1 touch your passes around or try and dribble a few players straight away. any kind of cohesive passing game is ruined by this and the fact some teams have superstars and you have the starting MLO team.

klashman, what's the size of your PC monitor and are you playing it in 4:3 or in widescreen (16:9)

Interested to see if that affects your gamespeed

my monitor size is 1900x160 something.

i find the game plays best on 1360 x 768, 85:48 ratio something, I'm not even sure.

1024 x 768 is perfect but graphics are kinda shit.

1600 x 900 the gameplay is great, graphics great but cut-scenes and replays so fucking slow!!!

The FIFA demo was totally ridiculous with settings. It would run perfect then for no fucking reason lag! I had to tab out then back in to stop the lag.

very annoying playing on PC spending so much time tinkering with settings. thank god PES 2012 came out since my PES 2011 is totally fucked and ruined since i changed some nvidea settings, it's now running at 10x speed! Kills the gameplay.

PC strength in modding and unlimited settings and potential is very much a weakness since it takes forever to set up, not to mention the bugs, lag and crashes and all sorts. It's why i'll end up playing the PS3 version more.

I have it -1 on both PC and ps3. PC is 1024x768 - yeah graphics are a bit stretched but it plays really well.

Now if only these speeds were possible for online it would be cushty.

0 for me (on PS3)
Have switched to -2 and the game is so much better, even though passing can feel a bit sluggish sometimes. As said before by shank I believe, -2 with the ball speed of -1 would be great.

-2 is perfect for me, allows you to dictate the pace as well which is something Iv'e always loved about pes. Plus passing speed has the best variation with this setting in my opinion.

I thought 0 was fine but taking it down a touch to -1 in the last couple of games has been enjoyable. It seems as if this is the true pace of the animations, as you can see deliberate shifts in body weight and foot placing, where on 0 it can appear a bit blurred as if it was sped up.

One of the best features from those last two PES is the reduced game speed. But on PES 2011, -2 felt sluggish and unresponsive. At PES 2012, it's great, so -2 for me.

When playing mates we play 0 speed, they constantly bitch that -2 is too slow and wont give this setting any time, iv'e explained that it takes a while to get used to but it does eventually feel natural, then again you could say its subjective.

Offline ML I play -2, for me this speed offers the most variation, I have slug fests and fast dynamic games, it also allows me to dictate the pace more. Not perfect(at times you get odd animations and physics) but I feel -2 is the most realistic.

This PES is seriously the weirdest PES ever made in terms of settings and shit. I've settled for 0 gamespeed on the PC (which is linked up to a 37" plasma). BUT this is on Pitchside Cam, on wide it seems to play slightly too fast. I agree that a whole host of 'other' factors play its part in the PC setup, so it's very much whatever suits.

-1 and -2 is feeling and looking like it's slow motion, I can't understand how you can stand that speed?

I think it depends on a lot of things. On my computer it changes from day to day, one day -1 is fine, another day I have to go -2, whereas on the "best" days, it's on 0. Have no idea what causes it, it just seems to change from game to game and day to day.

I think it depends on a lot of things. On my computer it changes from day to day, one day -1 is fine, another day I have to go -2, whereas on the "best" days, it's on 0. Have no idea what causes it, it just seems to change from game to game and day to day.

How can it change? Sounds like it's only in your head :COOL:

-2 all the way for me, it's even too fast at times, when the game decides to make itself harder by bumping up the opponents speed.

Yes slower speed should only effect the players & not the ball.

the crowd probably clap slower too when playing on -2!

-2 on xbox360 is imho the most realistic, it improves the whole game as if it was made for speed -2 and then sped up for the others. Only exception is the ball-speed, I wished it had the speed of -1 for the ball, especially in the air it is too slow.

I hope in PES 2013 there will be a seperate slider for ball-speed.

On -2 gametime can't be long enough though, so 30 min I play. For PES 2013 I wish for even longer time-options.

-2 on xbox360 is imho the most realistic, it improves the whole game as if it was made for speed -2 and then sped up for the others. Only exception is the ball-speed, I wished it had the speed of -1 for the ball, especially in the air it is too slow.

I hope in PES 2013 there will be a seperate slider for ball-speed.

On -2 gametime can't be long enough though, so 30 min I play. For PES 2013 I wish for even longer time-options.

That is exactly what I want as well. -2 game speed and -1 ball speed. That would be heaven.

That is exactly what I want as well. -2 game speed and -1 ball speed. That would be heaven.

Quite a few in this thread seem to wish for the same, so I guess we can tell Konami to make that the new default-speed so that it can be played online that way as well as offline.

Would be nice for a separate speed slider for the ball. Maybe even a full set of sliders :P

Played some co-op Euro 2012 with my mate the other night and straight away on Pitchside cam, my default -1 speed looked too slow when it came to how quick the passes moved so we had to crank it to 0. Shifted to Long Camera later on and the 0 speed was a little quick for me so I think the camera can alter your preferences as well.

I play on either wide cam or broadcast live, and for both I find the default zero speed to be perfect. I got used to it figuring that it's the default setting, so Konami must have made the game with this speed in mind anyways, and IMO it plays slightly easier on zero, somehow.

Back
Top Bottom