Pes 2012 Game Speed

R

Review

What speed is everyone playing on? I keep going back and forth between -1 and 0.

Jon Murphy tweeted me back saying that a few people have raised issues about the speed and we should try clearing the cache. I don't have the game yet so I don't know if this helps...and for what modes?

I dont see what help clearing the cache would do?! on PC or console?
if the game speed settings are stored locally on the PC/console, as part of the user profile then yeah maybe, maybe the settings file isnt updating when you change the speed.

But i play on -1. 0 feels too fast and arcadey whereas -2 feels too lethargic and takes away from the responsiveness, I find -1 just right, pacy gameplay but slows down when needed, still responsive but not arcade like. obviously just my personal preference.

I set the speed to zero on the PS3. However, I set the speed to +1 on the PC. I noticed that setting the speed to zero on the PC makes the game slow and that +1 on PC = 0 on PS3. Maybe it is because the PS3 in connected to a 42" TV while my PC (laptop) screen is only 15.4" or maybe it is just me :DRUNK:

-1 for me.

I think Calcio meant the online speed. There's something wrong with it. Cuz sometimes the match really plays at fast forward speed, like +2. However, I found something really weird. If I pause the game during the online match, switch to pitchside cam, the speed automatically becomes normal. And when I switch back to wide, its fine.

I'm not sure what the real issue is, where the game speed warps and then comes back to normal. Sometimes, the speed just changes by itself during the match. Really strange. I'm talking bout online here btw.

Jon Murphy tweeted me back saying that a few people have raised issues about the speed and we should try clearing the cache. I don't have the game yet so I don't know if this helps...and for what modes?

Cool. Good to see that he tweets back. He still hasn`t answered my question though. Also, what is the speed issue you are referring to? You didn`t really tell us what you are talking about.;)

On the PC i have the game on -2.

To me it seems any speed above -2 all the footballing elements are watered down. There's hardly any warping or skating on -2, less cheating.

So for the simulation i think -2 is the way really!

Everything else is varied or +1, +2 is for fun etc..

I'll see what the PS3 version throws up, but for now it's -2 on PC.

Ah sorry guys - I just mentioned to him that people were having issues with gamespeed and didn't specify. He might be referring to clearing the cache so that any patches can be applied properly or perhaps he did indeed mean the online speed.

I saw a tweet from Adam saying that Konami are aware of gamespeed and controller setting issues online and are looking at them.

I set the speed to zero on the PS3. However, I set the speed to +1 on the PC. I noticed that setting the speed to zero on the PC makes the game slow and that +1 on PC = 0 on PS3. Maybe it is because the PS3 in connected to a 42" TV while my PC (laptop) screen is only 15.4" or maybe it is just me :DRUNK:

A few people on the PESgaming forum also mentioning the very same thing. That PES2012 seems to play a slower game of football on PC with default game speed. That's a big thing for me.
Unfortunately have pre-ordered the PS3 version of the game, so I see myself trading it in for the 'slower' PC version.

Actually I just tried out the demo (which is all I have here for another week) and played on Regular instead of Professional. Gameplay felt a lot better with more buildup from the CPU AI and less frantic gameplay...all on zero game speed. Waiting for the demo video to end so I can try it out again. Maybe regular is the new professional :P

So....you tweeted the designers and complained about the game speed....when you don't even have the game yet?

No - I noticed a lot of complaints about game speed and mentioned to Jon Murhpy that there are apparently some issues around game speed. It's up to them to filter through the complaints and see what's going on. I didn't tell them what to do lol. I was just mentioning it because some people here don't have twitter. And to be quite honest, I'd love to have a patch sooner rather than later if it is indeed an issue.

Did you think a tweet from me raising awareness of an issue would introduce massive changes to the game? lol. If I was that influential I wouldn't be here :P

Same for me though, PC is clearly slower on default speed than PS3. I use the exact same settings as you do, default 0 PC speed is too slow for my taste

The game feels perfect on default on the PC. The game is a bit of a mess on the PS3 in my opinion. You need to tone it down to -1 or even -2, but that just ruins the animations, ball physics and the ball hangs in the air forever.

Each to their own I suppose, for now I'm loving the PC version.

I'm no expert (wish I was) but doesn't the game run different on everyone's PCs depending on specs? So 0 speed may feel fast on one PC while it would feel slow on someone elses PC. This makes people comparing game speeds on PC irrelevant, right? (genuine question)

I'm no expert (wish I was) but doesn't the game run different on everyone's PCs depending on specs? So 0 speed may feel fast on one PC while it would feel slow on someone elses PC. This makes people comparing game speeds on PC irrelevant, right? (genuine question)

It's a great point and one which I've been mulling over.

Does the brilliant gamespeed on default on PC have to do with the PC and graphics card? At the moment I have a decent GPU but nothing great, I play it on low level but 1680x10xx or something, and the speed is perfect. But I was thinking of getting a better GPU so that I can get all the detail, but will this have an increasing speed effect on the game?

If so then I'll stay as I am.

i am playing on 0 on ps3 as i want to have the same conditions for offline and online play, besides i would prefer a not so fast game speed.

Yes, absolutley! Thats my problem with PC, the gameplay changes too much when you mess with graphic card settings.

Yes, absolutley! Thats my problem with PC, the gameplay changes too much when you mess with graphic card settings.

this is a shame. I like the ways of editing PES on PC with all those realistic, kits, boots, balls, stadia etc. but i enjoy gaming on console as you don't have to figure out correct setting for your hardware.
And it's a shame that the developers can't get rid of this problem.

On the PC i have the game on -2.

To me it seems any speed above -2 all the footballing elements are watered down. There's hardly any warping or skating on -2, less cheating.

So for the simulation i think -2 is the way really!

Everything else is varied or +1, +2 is for fun etc..

I'll see what the PS3 version throws up, but for now it's -2 on PC.

klashman, what's the size of your PC monitor and are you playing it in 4:3 or in widescreen (16:9)

Interested to see if that affects your gamespeed

Back
Top Bottom