PES 2012 Football Life thread

I think you've got it, jimmy, strategy not condition. But LT also check your trades, sending away a fan favorite youth player can really blow up your team. before trading anyone away, check their popularity. you might check the graph of your team's popularity before and after a big trade you made.

I'd never thought of that, but I'll be sure to check that out when bringing in or shipping out players in future :)

I've been training my team on strategy for a couple of weeks solid either side of a match and yeah, my players' teamwork stats have shot right up from around 10 to 50-60 ish. It's not where it should be yet, Belhanda is still around 60 or so when he was 70 when I signed him, but it's an improvement nonetheless.

The immediate difference in my team's cohesion was stunning though. After just one week's strategy training, my team immediately felt more 'alive' with off the ball runs again, players were tracking back and winning the ball better, loose balls were falling for my team etc. Teamwork is possibly the most important factor in this game's stats.

Anyways I've had a great start to season two, six wins from seven matches has seen me sitting in third place, already with a four point cushion over fourth place. Bergessio, as ever, is leading the way with his close range finishing, already netting some vital goals. I'm struggling for goals generally though, with only eight in seven matches, but I've only conceded three all season.

After a long lay-off, finally got round to playing this in the past week or two, eventually managed to win Division 2 with plenty of points to spare.

Have just started 2nd season, signed up Hadji, Baglia, Aleksic. Did well in pre-season, however first game at home to Besiktas, resulted in a 7-2 loss. :o Simao ripped me a new one.

FD

Haven't got round to replaying the games I lost.. But I have found what causes my game to freeze (yeah not the first time it's happened) its a bitch but it's if I enter negotiations and then click List of targets too quickly..

I have decided to start a new Football Life as Atletico Madrid, on Top Player though in order to make it harder for myself. As Liverpool I was crusing to league titles and had Carroll and Suarez score 40 goals each in a season. So I will start a new one in La Liga as Atletico Madrid. Plus the licensed league also attracts me to the Spanish league.

After two losses in twenty-five matches, and having a nine point lead in the promotion spots, my season is crashing down around me. Why, I don't know. Six straight defeats out of nowhere, none of them deserved, has royally fucked my season.

It's like my players have never met before, and my keeper seems incapable of saving any shots. Really, really annoying, and it's got bugger all to do with me. Something's afoot with this game, it really is.

Last edited:
Can't be arsed to be honest, it's fucking cheating. No two ways about it. There's nothing you can do if game after fucking game I hammer shots at their keeper and repeatedly see him pull off amazing reflex saves, flying tip overs, you name it, then the CPU having ONE SINGLE effort on goal and my keeper flails his arms pathetically as a soft shot drifts past him, while he's both a. miles better than the CPU keeper, game after game, and b. he's on a red or yellow arrow.

My keepers, both rated at 74 and 78, are incapable of saving a single shot unless the ball goes straight at him.

Oh, and from losing just 2 in 25, I've now lost 8 in 10. Absolutely fucking pathetic. The old problems I complained about pre-patch are there in abundance. Ten man defences in a wall across the CPU's penalty area. Amazing CPU keeper performances, week in week out. The CPU can suddenly speed burst dribble past 3-4 of my defenders at will. Rebounds fall perfectly for the CPU over and over and over.

I never saw these things in nearly two seasons in ML, now that I got within touching distance of promotion, it's literally fucking me over game after game after game. I mean the CPU scores a soft as shit goal and then alters it's formation to some kind of hilarious 'V' formation across it's own goal line. I went into the gameplan screen to see what it was up to, and it had EIGHT fucking players in that defensive line.

Total and utter bullshit, scripting to sabotage the human player's season in a piss poor attempt at making the game more difficult.

Here's a news flash Konami. I don't need it to be more difficult. If I did, I'd raise the game's difficulty. The fact that I learnt the game, then built a squad with better players than the standard Div2 ones by definition means I should get promoted. Don't pull this kind of shit where suddenly, to try and peg me back, you start introducing all the bullshit elements thousands of people have moaned about and you apparently then patched out. What a load of shit.

Damn, just realised my chances of getting Giroud on a free are pretty much zero this time around! He finished as the French league top scorer and MVP last year, now all the big teams want him! So unfairn!

But I have, prematurely perhaps, just preordered PES2013.. Haven't been following the news on it closely so not sure what to expect, but I'm a PESman no matter what shit Konami churns out each year!

This is disgusting, I've now only won one in 13, with three games to play I've been pushed out of the promotion places. Just failed to break down an ultra-pressing 11 man defence for a 0-0 draw, then came up against the same in the next game before they pumped the ball randomly forwards 60 yards, and inexplicably my defenders went walkabout, my keeper rushed out, flapped like he usually does, got lobbed, 1-0 down with 2 minutes to go. Total fucking bullshit.

I just switched it off in disgust, when I went 3-0 down at home after 10 minutes, which would make it 1 win in 14 matches having lead the fucking league at Christmas. My keeper, rated at 78, on a red arrow, just fell to the ground and parried an absolutely shite, soft shot right into the path of their striker, after the AI fashioned a goal by that insane one-touch, ping pong passing we saw in older version of the game.

I've never experienced anything like this in all my days. What the fuck am I doing wrong? How can I win 12 of my opening 17 matches, then suddenly get slaughtered week after week? One win, two draws and eleven defeats is fucking ridiculous, and has soured the game beyond recognition. My team still generally feel the same, it's the AI that's gone into some weird hyper mode where you get closed down by 2-3 players by the time a pass even reaches it's target. It's crazy. I've never been so comfortable, winning the league, then suddenly find I can't create chances, shooting has gone dire, and the AI just slaps EVERY SINGLE chance on goal right into the net.

I really don't get it. It's an absolute, script infested shitfest. Stats mean fuck all as far as the AI is concerned, and PES can fuck off.

Last edited:
Hahaha what a load of bullshit, to compound matters, I manage a couple of wins at the end of the season, my first in 14 matches, and need to win to keep any hopes alive of gaining promotion having had a 12 point cushion in December.

I go a goal behind, then two goals in the second half give me a 2-1 lead and hope, only for the fucking CPU go go up the other end of the pitch, and I promise I'm not exaggerating, hit three or four magically accurate ping pong passes at 100mph, and slam it into the net from their second attack of the entire game. My keeper again just floundered. Total fucking rubbish.

The game finishes 2-2, and I find out that the team I needed to catch by winning ended up losing, so a scripted, God-mode style 85th minute equaliser lost me promotion. On top of the same thing happening over and over in the second half of the season.

This game is utter shit. Twelve points squandered by getting fucked over on the counter attack by Messi-style slaloming strikers gliding past three or four players at a time. I never saw this once in the whole first season and a half, but get a whiff of success and out come the CPU's big guns for cheating you out of it.

I'm never playing this shit again.

LT it really is a bit shit that the game is screwing you so much, I've had moments of pure scripting in my ML but no pure blocks of it.. Bad times..

On a brighter note, I finally score my first direct free kick! A beautiful effort from Jaric curled into the top corner :D

My 4th season was horrendous, with a decent team minus Giroud, I couldn't buy a win. The season before I narrowly missed out promotion. The season after I won the league and looked brilliant doing it. Funny old game. Full marks for 'The most brutal rant I've ever read' award though LT, at least you didn't finish the season totally empty handed.

:D Real life is scripthing too !! Chelsea is most scripted European champion in football history . Now the ugly and defensive football is risen after Greece was Euro champ too.

Last edited:
:D Real life is scripthing too !! Chelsea is most scripted European champion in football history . Now the ugly and defensive football is risen after Greece was Euro champ too.

It's slightly embarrassing to see football played like that, Chelsea didn't deserve to win either the semi-final or the final if you count football alone, yet fair play to them for achieving it and well done to Di Matteo for turning them around.. Shame that he will probably still be fired by Abrahimovic, it's brutal business management!

Made it to mid season, placed 11th having won 7 games, lost 7 and drawn 3.. Scoring 30 and conceding 36..
Taarabt has scored 10 goals enough to be top scorer in the league, while Poepon is second on 9 goals.. He's no Giroud but has scored some vital goals so far.. Firmino leads the team for assists on 5, with Taarabt and Shimizu joint 2nd in the team rankings for assists with 3 each.
My youth team has a star, though he's a regen, it's Greening who reminds my coach of Pirlo.. A must sign player!

Yeah Peter Pirlo (eldest son of Paulo Pirlo of Pirlo's Pizza and Kebab House noteriety ) the left back for the Dog and Gun in local Sunday League Division 5 :CONFUSE:

Yeah Peter Pirlo (eldest son of Paulo Pirlo of Pirlo's Pizza and Kebab House noteriety ) the left back for the Dog and Gun in local Sunday League Division 5 :CONFUSE:

Aha! The early newspaper reports also thought the same thing, but somehow the Jonathan Greening regen thought, "well I want to be the next Pirlo.. So why not!"
His passing stats are all 80+ already and he's rated 73, but I won't be playing him just yet seeing as how Camacho and Duffy have both hit 83 rating as DMF, I am do proud to have raised such brilliant players from what looked like makeshifts when I first started! :D

I just managed to make it to the end of the season, and I stress the JUST! In 3 occasions the chairmen warned me that I must win the next game, despite a 4th placed finish, only 2 points of 3rd we managed 15 wins and 7 draws, but our 13 defeats all came in bulks of 4 an probably are the reason for my warnings.. The team scored 56 goals and conceded 48.
Taarabt was top scorer in the league with 20, while Poepon (who scored the winner in each of my warning games) got 15 to place 3rd its safe to say I owe Poepon my job right now!
In the assists Shimizu missed top spot by just one, getting 9 in the season.. Firmino would have been challenging, but a 23 week injury around the 22nd game put his season on hold quickly.

In transfer news:
Coming into the club are Left Back Armand Traoré from QPR on a free and Goalkeeper Gillet also on a free from Bologna.
Leaving the club are two players who made a big difference at different ends of the pitch this year.. Dramé leaves for Auxerre for a fee of £1.2million.
While Morrocan star Taarabt is on the move up, joining Valencia in a move which has earned the club £16.4million, and also saving the club £1.5million in wages, it's a good deal for the club all around.

Club captain Duffy, who himself is a target for both Manchester clubs and both Milan clubs, said "of course we are going to miss the creative flair of Taarabt, the boy was brilliant for us, but for the club to have £16million to spend can only lead to improvements and we wish Adel all the best at his new club"
When asked about his own transfer situation the Ireland midfielder stated "for the moment there's no reason for me to concentrate on anything other than recovering from injury. Of course I'm flattered by the clubs who are showing interest, but I have to consider what's best for both myself and the club.. If the bid is right for the club, the boss and myself then we will see, but for now it's simply a case of getting fit and working for the new season"

Club boss A. Villas Boas also spoke of the transfer of Taarabt "simply, the money was good and the player wanted to leave.. Now we look to next season, and who we can bring in to replace the boy." when quizzed on who he had in mind the Tangerines boss smiled and said "the next weeks will see new faces arrive, but for now we must concentrate on holding onto the core we have, our players are being targeted and we must look to hold onto them, Shimizu is a target for big clubs including Bayern Munich, and my captain is a young boy being targeted by big clubs.. It's important we let them explore these options but let them know that things are happening here at Bloomfield such as the arrival of big players like Gillet who has represented his national team in the past and Traoré who still plays for his country, and we want them to be a part of it".

So, another year done at Blackpool but there is a sense that things are just starting, whether the club can follow up on the promise is another matter. But one things for sure, following the warnings this year the boss must get promotion next year to ensure his Jon remains safe.

Blackpool FC transfer targets:
Ben Basat - 80 rated - Israel - striker - Stade Brestois 29.
Giroud - 81 - France - Striker - Montepellier HSC.
Cuadrado - 84 - Colombia - Right Back - C. A. Nova Juniors.
Jarvis - 82 - England - Left Midfielder - Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Krhin - 82 - Slovenia - Centre Midfielder - Borussia Dortmund.
Ariaudo - 80 - Italy - Centre Back - Cagliari Calcio.

I know what you mean, I'm on my way back from Wembley where Luton just lost the play off final despite their winning goal being miles offside and then a Luton player missing a last minute sitter. Devastated.

Scripting at it's best :((

Hahaha what a load of bullshit, to compound matters, I manage a couple of wins at the end of the season, my first in 14 matches, and need to win to keep any hopes alive of gaining promotion having had a 12 point cushion in December.

I go a goal behind, then two goals in the second half give me a 2-1 lead and hope, only for the fucking CPU go go up the other end of the pitch, and I promise I'm not exaggerating, hit three or four magically accurate ping pong passes at 100mph, and slam it into the net from their second attack of the entire game. My keeper again just floundered. Total fucking rubbish.

The game finishes 2-2, and I find out that the team I needed to catch by winning ended up losing, so a scripted, God-mode style 85th minute equaliser lost me promotion. On top of the same thing happening over and over in the second half of the season.

This game is utter shit. Twelve points squandered by getting fucked over on the counter attack by Messi-style slaloming strikers gliding past three or four players at a time. I never saw this once in the whole first season and a half, but get a whiff of success and out come the CPU's big guns for cheating you out of it.

I'm never playing this shit again.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but before you abandon your ML please consider starting the next season in Superstar. In my opinion, on that level, all cpu goals are justified. If you make a mistake, they score, if you suck, you just suck. But i dont experience scripting as you describe it on superstar. The cpu is very, very good, but all goals are justified.

I know what you mean, I'm on my way back from Wembley where Luton just lost the play off final despite their winning goal being miles offside and then a Luton player missing a last minute sitter. Devastated.

Scripting at it's best :((

How many games of PES have we played and had a 'Bayern' ? Lots.

34 shots on goal, 21 on target, 20 corners. 1 goal. Nothing goes right, your teams best players are wearing two left boots, and can't score for love nor money. The opposition then get their first corner of the game and score with only minutes remaining.You then miss a penalty in extra time, before finally getting beat on Penalties.

Scripted or Destiny ? What's the difference ? Trick question.There isn't one. It is what it is. It's a funny old game.

Last edited:
Been taking some poundings in Division 1.

Managed to sneak into last Europa spot at the moment.

Unforunately knocked out the cup by my biggest Rivals Diagoras Rodos. :(

FD

Jimmy - Congrats on the FA Cup win.
What concerns me though, is .....where is the cup!?!?!
The complete lack of a trophy that you have just won is abysmal, even when the team all bundle together for the team picture, the 2 guys lying on the floor at the front position themselves as if the cup is between them - did Konami just forget to actually put it in or what!?!?!
Back in the PES 3, 4, 5, 6 days we had trophy celebrations, medals dished out on pitch, laps of honour....... now we have a celebration with no cup whatsoever.

Konami really do astound me at times.

They really made ML a chore to play this year.

Example - Your chairman says the game is on tv and wants good behaviour.

So you play, win and pick up 1 yellow card.

Your chairman then says you are on verge of the sack due to your teams dicipline problem.

1 yellow card a problem? As if that would happen. Rubbish

They really made ML a chore to play this year.

Example - Your chairman says the game is on tv and wants good behaviour.

So you play, win and pick up 1 yellow card.

Your chairman then says you are on verge of the sack due to your teams dicipline problem.

1 yellow card a problem? As if that would happen. Rubbish

And that silly cutscene is enough to negate the unbelievable replication of football that is to be had on the park ?

Behave yourself.

And PJR, the lack of a Cup celebration is unforgivable, but that hasn't really had any detrimental effect on my euphoria of beating Utd, for the very first time, and in the Cup Final. Talk about the magic of the FA Cup. I can't stop smiling, I'm also in 7th place with a game to go, with European football to look forward to next season for the first time since PES 2010. Things are awesome right now. Oh, and I fly to Vegas tomorrow for 9 days at the MGM Grand and UFC 146. :WOOT:

I must admit I managed to ignore those cutscenes for two seasons but by the end of my game they were begnning to grate quite a lot, namely having to skip past a player demanding to know "why aren't you picking me?" after every single match. Surely there must be a logic in place to only have them say such a thing if they've lost their place or have not played for months. If they're going to have player dissent like that, at least have something in place to outline their role within the squad.

As it stands, all you need to do is just skip the cut-scene, then go to 'communication', then tell him he'll play in the next game whether it's a total lie or not. Really basic programming.

Similarly, the chairman's goals were poorly thought out. It's a really nice idea, but needs again some kind of logic programmed into it to fit the season you're playing. For example I had a vital match to try and keep in the promotion places towards the end of the season, won 3-1, but still my chairman was upset because I ignored his calls to play Macco, when he was a. far inferior to others in the squad and b. already on a purple form arrow. I was pretty amazed that the chairman couldn't distinguish between an awful player and a good one, or at least have the game take note of that player's form before they demand I pick them.

It's not a huge thing to ignore I suppose but for me it did grate on my nerves after having to placate moaning players after every single match, for two seasons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom