PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread

On the other side of things, i agree with whats all being said, but the thing is.

Is it worth it spending the money on getting a thrid party to do this buisness wise? i think they would be better off just buying more up to date equipment in terms of general sounds.

Some of the matches i play, (i remember FIFA 08 i did this practically all the time) I just put my own music on and listen to that while playing. The FIFA matches i have with my mates, that's standard procedure having Snoop Dogg 2pac and slim shady in the background!

As for the commentary, i agree 100%. The only way for it to improve is to give John Champion and Beglin total freedom just to commentate over matches with no forced lines at all regarding the action. I agree that the commentary dosen't flow at all!

The sounds needs to improve but i along with others don't really care that much about it.

Well, yes, they could just invest in their own facilities, but I still believe that PES needs a European influence to help it back on it's feet and evolve. I'm talking about the presentation, audio, regionalism and other finishing touches, so that Seabass and his crew can concentrate on the core gameplay, physics, AI etc....

I think it's fair to say PES has been a cash cow for Konami over a period of at least a decade now. Sure it doesn't hit the same sales figures as Fifa, but considering the much lower overheads I think Konami do very well out of PES. All I'm saying is it's time to give something back and make a big investment in really pushing the series forward, as it's still sub-par in many areas for this generation of consoles. Perhaps Konami are doing that, I don't know.

My fear is that Konami will really struggle with the jump to NeXtbox and PS4 if they don't get their collective shit together soon. I don't know if I can stomach this journey again on another generation of consoles.

I don't really care about specific chants per say, it's why I don't bother with the sound packs people create that are a accumulation of disjointed samples. All thats needed is a more authentic crowd 'buzz', that reacts in excitement to build-ups and missed opportunities. They just need to inject some more emotion and depth, especially for injury time winners.

I don't really care about specific chants per say, it's why I don't bother with the sound packs people create that are a accumulation of disjointed samples. All thats needed is a more authentic crowd 'buzz', that reacts in excitement to build-ups and missed opportunities. They just need to inject some more emotion and depth, especially for injury time winners.

I've un-installed all my chants. While some of them are great, the differences in volume and audio quality between chants, plus the way the PES engine repeats them incessantly was getting on my nerves.

If any sound engineers out there can put together a slick, professional chant pack I would be willing to pay.:))

I've un-installed all my chants. While some of them are great, the differences in volume and audio quality between chants, plus the way the PES engine repeats them incessantly was getting on my nerves.

If any sound engineers out there can put together a slick, professional chant pack I would be willing to pay.:))

I did the same in the end. I also change teams like Bayern Munich's default crowd chants to the one further down the list, I think called 'European'. It's so much better, more natural sounding rather than the awful chant playing on a loop. You can even hear when it ends and re-starts again.

I don't think they need invest massively in sound design, just get some people who can do it properly and have a realistic approach to it. Like I said, I know sound designers for some pretty massive games that came out recently and it's pretty much just a couple of sound guys per office, and about 3-4 offices across Europe, but they get the job done and do it exceptionally well. Standard equipment and know-how is all that's needed, not Japanese translated scripts, monotone chants on a loop and people shouting in a cupboard. The guys I know get their computers, sound rooms, relevant equipment (which in the grand scheme of things isn't expensive compared to other sides of the industry) and are given opportunity to do sound effects with decent samples etc. It shouldn't be hard, creating a proper script, synching the sound with the crowd noise so they both sound like they're at the same place, and basic effects such as the ball being kicked are far more simple than say a complex adventure game like GTA, or even stuff like Battlefield Bad Company 2 (whose sound is amazing). Like I said, they need only look at FIFA World Cup and copy it. It's a great example of sound positively enhancing a sports game.

Last edited:

Well, yes, they could just invest in their own facilities, but I still believe that PES needs a European influence to help it back on it's feet and evolve. I'm talking about the presentation, audio, regionalism and other finishing touches, so that Seabass and his crew can concentrate on the core gameplay, physics, AI etc....

I think it's fair to say PES has been a cash cow for Konami over a period of at least a decade now. Sure it doesn't hit the same sales figures as Fifa, but considering the much lower overheads I think Konami do very well out of PES. All I'm saying is it's time to give something back and make a big investment in really pushing the series forward, as it's still sub-par in many areas for this generation of consoles. Perhaps Konami are doing that, I don't know.

Yeah i see where you coming from i mostly agree.

They must make a huge profit on PES each year with how much less money goes into creating the game, marketing especially.

I think from PES 3 or so onwards PES started to go moderately commercial and easily overtook the dreadful FIFA (at the time, fifa 2004 :SHOCK:) You could see despite PES 5 being the best they never really evolved the game much.

PES 6 was the really intensified cash cow games, PES 2008, 2009 carried this on and so forth until PES 2010 which wasn't great but Konami knew they needed tot get their act together!

Your right about the European base needed. I don't know about any audio game companies in Europe who are connected to Konami but it's about time i believe they expand PES to Europe with the audio side to the game i believe.

Also they really need a good database team based in Europe who aren't out of touch with current events for player ratings, stats etc... and employ experts from each continent. Things like the Hungary squads being out of date since 2009 and the national squads never being updated! Old players being given ratings which are too high and should be lowered because they simply aren't as good anymore.

As for the motion capture, they should consider contacting with any sort of independent company with a sizebale motion capture facility for the animations. So for example If there was a base in England, especially in london they could just ask local teams amateur or semi professional teams even to provide animations along with the superstar messi or another few proffesionals. (They can't get professional teams to provide much because of insurance costs so it's limited what they can do unfortunately)

The advantage of having a base especially in somewhere like London with the multiculturalism you could get a variety of men from difference races and physical builds. A small agile man would run and move differently to a tall person with ha high center of gravity, or a toned sprinter, or a strong, powerhouse like person and even players who are slightly overweight even.

In Japan it seems the guys who are doing the animations are all sleight built Japanesee people. With many of them being non footballers (why some of the animations look really bad it seems). If PES is to evolve it's going to have to branch out in the future which i agree with, The PS4 isn't too far in the distance for them to be planning expansions like this.

Guys, I've been thinking about it for a while, well actually a few minutes now :P and thought I'd move most of the posts after that snippet of Jon Murphy "news" to this thread and open it to the public.

Off you go :D

Okay. Three, two, one, let's jam.

Prediction - Adam from Winning Eleven Blog probably says the game is going to be the best thing ever when it in fact turns out to be a port of PES 2008.

Does that Adam still contest to liking PES 2008 & 2009? The way he ridiculously overhyped and mislead over those two particular games was disgraceful, what's the point of having inside contacts if you don't provide constructive criticism?

first images of pes2012?

vs_pes12_6.jpg

see more on:
Velez Sarsfield Official Web

It's PES 2012, they have very slightly improve the player models, :YAWN: And that dosen't look like a patch!

Looks like the graphics will be the same which is promising, since it means they have been spending their time on the gameplay, and hopefully the animaitions!

It's PES 2012, they have very slightly improve the player models, :YAWN: And that dosen't look like a patch!

Looks like the graphics will be the same which is promising, since it means they have been spending their time on the gameplay, and hopefully the animaitions!

EDIT: Looking again, I'm not so sure what it is.

Gloryhunter filter

I propose that Konami add a gloryhunter filter in the 2012 game. This way, the online portion of the game would be free of the hordes which pick Barcelona or Real Madrid like it's no tomorrow. While I would rather see it being compulsory, you could of course make it an optional feature like-minded users could rally towards.:BOP:

Perhaps a similar solution in Master League Online as well, like a transfer limit a la fantasy football or any real football sim. This would rid the game of the leeches that seem to garnish their team with Messis, Ronaldos and Arshavins (lol at the last one). This would make the game a heck of a lot more fun and interesting, I kid you not. :BRMM:

Cm'on Konami - you know what to do. :TTTH:

Interesting...so you could populate your team with anyone, as long as your total value was within the budget of $x million.

You could still have the more popular players higher in value due to being selected by more teams...interesting idea.

In FIFA world cup they had the "qualify/win" with 1 star teams, 2 star teams etc. That's another thing PES lacks, is an overall ranking for each team. Unless I am missing something?

Re: Gloryhunter filter

I totally agree with u m8 the ML online mode definitely needs a major revamp . The acquisition of big name players too easy it's more like fantasy football , too many Messi's , Ronaldo,s , Daniel Alves's and so on whiich is very unrealistic . Secondly 4 vs 4 online this is unacceptable 10 vs 10 is acceptable . Thirdly give us the freedom to create our own club wether from a pool of players within the game i.e. with their stats and salary within the club budget or by building a team with our friends or free agents online

I'd be very interested in ML online if they give us an option to have private leagues where users cannot have duplicates of same player. Then we can buy and sell to each other etc.

I'd be very interested in ML online if they give us an option to have private leagues where users cannot have duplicates of same player. Then we can buy and sell to each other etc.

If they put such an option in pes2012 then my social life will end. I will close myself in my room playing this mode till i die :))
Fortutantely for me, this is not gonna happen, they dont even let us play such a mode in master league offline (which is really easy since CPU already calculate everything for other teams)

This.

Would be brilliant but they need to have a concept were you can't keep all the stars so you have to balance the books or something if you want to keep Messi/Ronaldo you have to probably have to sacrifice quality in other areas maybe.

This.

Would be brilliant but they need to have a concept were you can't keep all the stars so you have to balance the books or something if you want to keep Messi/Ronaldo you have to probably have to sacrifice quality in other areas maybe.

Yep, it would need some boundaries to stop people putting together Brazil 1970-esque superstar teams.

The obvious way to do it would be to have a strict team budget as in American sports leagues like the NFL or MLS. So if you want to have Messi & Ronaldo in your team then be prepared to have a thin and/or weak squad.

As for the commentary, i agree 100%. The only way for it to improve is to give John Champion and Beglin total freedom just to commentate over matches with no forced lines at all regarding the action..

How should that be possible? Every match is played in our homes and the commentators are not really there to see what happens and comment freely, are they?:JAY:.

Commentary has to be chunked up so that it can be programmed to fit with various situations when combined with other chunks of commentary.

If you let commentary flow freely it can't possibly fit to what happens in that match you play, see how nonsensical Fifa 11's commentary has become due to that attempt to let commentary flow more freely and not be chunked up... it's unbelievable but I prefer the stiff short commentary in PES 2011 to that nonesense-talk that doesn't fit to the match I play at all in Fifa 11.

Also they really need a good database team based in Europe who aren't out of touch with current events for player ratings, stats etc... and employ experts from each continent. Things like the Hungary squads being out of date since 2009 and the national squads never being updated! Old players being given ratings which are too high and should be lowered because they simply aren't as good anymore.

Very good point, the stats in the PES database are all over the place, espescially regarding smaller teams and countries. Konami should really invest what it takes to keep the stats in the PES-database as close to reality as possible for every country and team, since the stats are the base for the individuality in PES.

As for the motion capture, they should consider contacting with any sort of independent company with a sizebale motion capture facility for the animations. So for example If there was a base in England, especially in london they could just ask local teams amateur or semi professional teams even to provide animations along with the superstar messi or another few proffesionals. (They can't get professional teams to provide much because of insurance costs so it's limited what they can do unfortunately)

The advantage of having a base especially in somewhere like London with the multiculturalism you could get a variety of men from difference races and physical builds. A small agile man would run and move differently to a tall person with ha high center of gravity, or a toned sprinter, or a strong, powerhouse like person and even players who are slightly overweight even.

In Japan it seems the guys who are doing the animations are all sleight built Japanesee people.

Again I agree, the motion-capturing must be expanded and made more internationally using various human bodies and doing it with amateur and semi-professional football-players, good point.

This inclusion would send my goonishness into overdrive. I'd inevitably spend every day & night inside, a recluse, living out my fantasy as a player/manager.

Or I'd buy a team of hard bastards and snap everyone's player's legs :SMUG:

Back
Top Bottom