PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

@Jimmy

Sure, but what isn't rocket science is this video coming from a big gaming exhibition where this quite weird situation does not happen before at least thats what Lami and Rod say.

AsimTanvir Asim Tanvir
@
@chaos_PES From what you're saying those are one-twos mate. Not an issue, they are supposed to be like that.

chaos_PES PESianity
@
@AsimTanvir no. They happen with EVERY pass. If you press x, all the time. PS3 and Xbox.

At least, i am glad this been brought up. Since if i am not mistaken this code is what we are going to have for Demo which i hopefully do not see this situation happen. and yes the cpu ai plays this way too.

Pretty sure Jon tweeted that we will get the preview code demo version, and this is a newer version that has better shooting in it.

The demo will be the gamescom build right ? If so, let's be patient as we'll have our answers really soon.
I hope this "bomb forward" isn't a bug ala "I let the opponent jug from defense to attack " that was in pes2011 initially

It's clearly a bug in the gamescom build, I've been watching all other videos, including the latest trailer and this does not happen in any of them. I'm not sure why there are people pretending this doesn't exist, like Adam verbally assaulting anyone that points it out. Obviously people will point out a huge thing like this until Jon confirms that this has been fixed. It ruins everything that they have done with the AI.

Pretty sure Jon tweeted that we will get the preview code demo version, and this is a newer version that has better shooting in it.

so, if we will not see this costant forward run in demo, it doesn't mean it's fixed, it was simply not present in preview code
only the last demo and final code will show us if it's still in there

so, if we will not see this costant forward run in demo, it doesn't mean it's fixed, it was simply not present in preview code
only the last demo and final code will show us if it's still in there

Even if it's not in the demo, and even if it's not in the final game, it still doesn't change the fact that any run the AI does is a straight line up the field. I guess at this point it's become a PES stable, unlikely to change in the near future.

romagnoli i still think the rubber band dribbling is not just a visual problem, it's a physics issue and physics to me is one of the most important elements in a football game, if you could put fifa's impact engine into pes but remove every player face so they all just have generic stock faces i would take that trade because i prefer to have realistic physical interactions than fancy textures that only look good in replays. the bottom line as others and myself have pointed out is that the ball just doesn't feel like a separate entity when the player has it at their feet, that is really a big issue.

as for the other issues i suspect they are just bugs, its the kind of thing you would expect from an 80% build and there is still time to polish/tweak the ai. but in terms of remodelling fundamental animations its too late for that, which is why its annoying the playtesters didn't notice the glaring rubber band issue. to be honest i was supicious when all these glowing reviews came out, i lambasted the fifa playtesters on the ea forums last year for misrepresenting the game and i think the same thing might have happened to you guys with pes2012. if i was a playtester there would be NOTHING positive, my report would be a list of things that need to be improved and nothing more. you arent viral marketers trying to sell the game you are supposed to be testers, the very best testers are horrible cynical bastards that let nothing slip by them, i know because ive worked with some, so yeh, next time maybe you could concentrate on actually improving the game rather than viral marketing.

You saying that the forward runs after every pass is an illusion from badly captured footage?

I just dont believe for one second that is the case Gab, there is no valid reason why this would happen as standard. This is Seabass we are talking about here, he's not daft. And quite frankly, even the thought of it is ridiculous.

romagnoli i still think the rubber band dribbling is not just a visual problem, it's a physics issue and physics to me is one of the most important elements in a football game, if you could put fifa's impact engine into pes but remove every player face so they all just have generic stock faces i would take that trade because i prefer to have realistic physical interactions than fancy textures that only look good in replays. the bottom line as others and myself have pointed out is that the ball just doesn't feel like a separate entity when the player has it at their feet, that is really a big issue.

as for the other issues i suspect they are just bugs, its the kind of thing you would expect from an 80% build and there is still time to polish/tweak the ai. but in terms of remodelling fundamental animations its too late for that, which is why its annoying the playtesters didn't notice the glaring rubber band issue. to be honest i was supicious when all these glowing reviews came out, i lambasted the fifa playtesters on the ea forums last year for misrepresenting the game and i think the same thing might have happened to you guys with pes2012. if i was a playtester there would be NOTHING positive, my report would be a list of things that need to be improved and nothing more. you arent viral marketers trying to sell the game you are supposed to be testers, the very best testers are horrible cynical bastards that let nothing slip by them, i know because ive worked with some, so yeh, next time maybe you could concentrate on actually improving the game rather than viral marketing.

You didn't get the information you expected from the likes of Rod/Rom/Lami but it's just your POV.Plenty of members are happy with the positive and negative aspects of the game they mentioned, you can't just be about the negative parts otherwise from the start you're going to the test with a biased opinion.
I can understand where you're coming from, you're frustrated that you didn't get what is a vital information for you but hey these 3 guys could have just tested the game and gave a half arsed review of it.
They are not ass kissing but if something pleases them, they will mention it.Why wouldn't they ?

You are really rude accusing them to do viral marketing with their previews
Ahhh, negativity how i missed you....
there was too much positivity in here this year :))

I just dont believe for one second that is the case Gab, there is no valid reason why this would happen as standard. This is Seabass we are talking about here, he's not daft. And quite frankly, even the thought of it is ridiculous.

Come on, it's clearly there in this build. It's obviously a bug. "Chaos", the guy over at Gamescom, says it happens every time you pass the ball.

I don't think this will be in the final game, but as long as something is not right, it's worth pointing out. Just to make sure some weird bug doesn't slip in in the end of the development cycle.

I would love to see these CPU videos with the proper AI, it must be immense because even with this bug they play amazingly good.

Come on, it's clearly there in this build. It's obviously a bug. "Chaos", the guy over at Gamescom, says it happens every time you pass the ball.

I don't think this will be in the final game, but as long as something is not right, it's worth pointing out. Just to make sure some weird bug doesn't slip in in the end of the development cycle.

I would love to see these CPU videos with the proper AI, it must be immense because even with this bug they play amazingly good.

chaos never mentioned that as a bug before someone pointed it to him and he said his other matches were not like that

look:
Hm. My Milan video looks ultra fast. It definitely wasn't that fast. Oh, and players really rush forward. that wasn't in my other matches..

if this was a glaring issue he should have noticed it by himself not on suggestion

Last edited:
Lami (or any other playtester), can you confirm whether stamina affects players more than it did last year? You could have a player clearly knackered with no energy, bring on a sub and wouldn't notice much of a difference. And if there was a difference, it should've been more obvious.

Anyone?

Even if it's not in the demo, and even if it's not in the final game, it still doesn't change the fact that any run the AI does is a straight line up the field. I guess at this point it's become a PES stable, unlikely to change in the near future.

:CONFUSE: this is not true, I just watched a couple of mins of the Man U v Milan game and seen plenty of movement that was not horizontal.

chaos never mentioned that as a bug before someone pointed it to him and he said his other matches were not like that

look:

if this was a glaring issue he should have noticed it by himself not on suggestion

Hmm, that's weird. Then he should record more videos, because it has happened in EVERY video released from gamescom, and not a single time in all videos before that (official or leaked).

Jimmy i very rarely disagree with your POV but, its unhealthy to keep putting Seabass on a pedestal, like he is some sort of footballing master. If so, should he not be running the japan national team?

My view is he needs a good kick up the harris, i will not be buying another pes that fails to deliver properly. How many more times do we have to keep letting the bloke off the hook?

You didn't get the information you expected from the likes of Rod/Rom/Lami but it's just your POV.Plenty of members are happy with the positive and negative aspects of the game they mentioned, you can't just be about the negative parts otherwise from the start you're going to the test with a biased opinion.
I can understand where you're coming from, you're frustrated that you didn't get what is a vital information for you but hey these 3 guys could have just tested the game and gave a half arsed review of it.
They are not ass kissing but if something pleases them, they will mention it.Why wouldn't they ?

because positive reviews do nothing to help the game, leave that to the magazines that are already bought and paid for, playtesters should be pedantic, nitpicking assholes that go through the game with a tooth comb to find every last flaw. THAT is beneficial to the game because if issues get exposed early on then it encourages the developers to give attention to them, a wall of text filled with nothing but gushing praise and viral marketing hype does nothing, offers nothing, benefits nothing except the egos of people that are invested in one game or the other.

i said exactly the same thing about the FSB guys last year, who basically acted as another arm of EA's marketing division, claiming that pro-passing in FIFA would revolutionise the game and reduce the inequality between manual and assisted, which of course turned out to be a complete crock of shit. i believe people get so hyped up for the playtest events and then get overcome with excitement, they want to run back home and quickly tell everyone how awesome the game is but what they should really be doing is writing a critical analysis of what is currently wrong with the game and how it can be improved for launch.

i have one question and if i've missed it please just point me in the right direction.
what was the news that was going to make grown men cry like babies?

because positive reviews do nothing to help the game, leave that to the magazines that are already bought and paid for, playtesters should be pedantic, nitpicking assholes that go through the game with a tooth comb to find every last flaw. THAT is beneficial to the game because if issues get exposed early on then it encourages the developers to give attention to them, a wall of text filled with nothing but gushing praise and viral marketing hype does nothing, offers nothing, benefits nothing except the egos of people that are invested in one game or the other.

i said exactly the same thing about the FSB guys last year, who basically acted as another arm of EA's marketing division, claiming that pro-passing in FIFA would revolutionise the game and reduce the inequality between manual and assisted, which of course turned out to be a complete crock of shit. i believe people get so hyped up for the playtest events and then get overcome with excitement, they want to run back home and quickly tell everyone how awesome the game is but what they should really be doing is writing a critical analysis of what is currently wrong with the game and how it can be improved for launch.

If playtesters are just about negativity then the game companies will never invite them.They wouldn't make that stupid mistake.
I'm not saying that the testers as a sort of gratitude should mention the good aspects of the game either.
I really disagree with your view on the reviews should be made, there is nothing to gain by being just negative.

I guess the testers should report what THEY feel like. We follow the testers having a level of respect for their understanding of the game. And its not necessary to point out flaws when they aren't there, or when the tester doesn't experience it personally. And we all know their views would not conspire as viral marketing :P
Let the demo come, till then we believe our testers

completely agree, but its already to late for this years issue isn't it.
to make changes to how the game plays i mean.
pointing them out could still help if they decide to release a patch but the game will be released as it is at the moment right?
just asking cause i don't really know how much time is needed to make certain changes.

Were our guys really invited to play the game to provide Konami with feedback? I thought they were allowed to play it early to supply the community with their impressions, this is a marketing move isnt it?

Maybe I missed it, but have we been given a reason as to why some European countries have to wait an extra two weeks for the release?

It just seems a bit strange given that if it was a localisation issue then I would have thought most of the Countries getting it earlier would have been on the later list...

Back
Top Bottom