PES 2011 Tim Cahill Overall Stats

GraGra

aka... Indeedilidoodily
5 August 2005
Queensland, Australia
Chelsea
Okay fellas,

I've had a bit to drink over this merry festive season. Maybe it's a bit much starting a new thread about this, but seriously:

Tim Cahill (AMF) Overall... *69...?????

... I'm Aussie (so commence the comments about being biased) BUT - come on Konami... shouldn't his overall be around *79...?

TRUE, he can't pass like Mikel Arteta (also *79 as a comparison I think), and his stats reflect that in PES (heck, even in a real game he isn't as strong, or accurate of a passer).

TRUE, he is not regarded as a true "classy" attacking/striker footballer compared to the likes of Berbatov (CF), Lampard/Gerrard *85/*90 (AMF) Bergkamp (SS) etc...

But boy does he deliver. His virtual version is seemingly able to deliver the occasional freak last minute winner, and forceful goal out of nowhere.

*69...? FALSE...!

I just feel grumpy his overall (even when moved into CF and you get him at 75 without the */player skill) is so low. Especially when you use the comparison option against other players with more "blue arrows" in a majority of stats...

Anyone else have a thought on maybe one of their national heroes (Football-wise) being under-represented in a virtual form in PES 2011? or maybe in a previous version when the player was quite clearly better than Konami made him out to be...?

Last edited:
Overall ratings are misleading in my opinion - I think it would make more sense to discuss individual attributes/skills/cards.

Any in particular you disagree with for Cahill? I don't have the game on right now, but his attributes and cards seem fairly accurate to me, and the way he plays when I'm in control of him (playing him in a CMF role) seems realistic.

All the overall ratings are, are a calculation produced by the game based upon the opinions of Konami on how the attributes should be weighted.

This is why I hate Overall Ratings as a concept. Can't understand why they replaced the hexagon, which was ingenious.

Overall ratings are misleading in my opinion - I think it would make more sense to discuss individual attributes/skills/cards.

Any in particular you disagree with for Cahill? I don't have the game on right now, but his attributes and cards seem fairly accurate to me, and the way he plays when I'm in control of him (playing him in a CMF role) seems realistic.

All the overall ratings are, are a calculation produced by the game based upon the opinions of Konami on how the attributes should be weighted.

I won't worry too much about overalls, they are very misleading in displaying a players true ability! they basically give a very vauge representation of how good a player is depending on his positing.

Thing is, most defensive midfielders have very modest overalls despite having good stats but Walcott and Lennon, who's stats are pretty average are 87, and 89 respectively, just because of their pace it seems!

Snijder has great attribute stats but is 79 :CONFUSE:

The main thing to be worried about is players incorrectly sent in certain positions! There's two players in Alexis Sanchez of Udinese and Di Maria who are 72 and 74 despite having good stats but it's because their set positions are wrongly put as 'second striker' when they should be set as wingers where their overalls shoot up!

Back
Top Bottom