PES 2010 - Which camera do you use ?

Jimmy G-Force

Resident PES Fanman
13 April 2003
Newcastle
Middlesbrough F.C.
I have always been a 'Wide' camera guy, the thought of ever playing on a different camera type has never really appealed to me in the past. I guess I have always enjoyed, like most people, the ability to be able to see as much of the pitch as I can, hence the reason 'Wide' cam has been my playing view of choice.

If someone had told me that I'd be playing the new Pro Evo on a different camera, I would have laughed in their face. But after switching to Broadcast Camera 1, I just cant go back to my beloved 'Wide' cam :CONFUSE:

Now I'm curious to find out what does everyone else play on ? And have you changed for PES 2010 ? And what do you feel are the Pro's and Con's of your particular viewing choice ?

Last edited:
I switch rather freely between Wide and Normal long. Think I'm using normal long now. I have tried Broadcast cam and it's a lot of fun, haven't made the switch though. I think once I get an HD-ready tv I will test that camera type further.

I use normal long, which is what I've always used in PES. Although wide does give the best view of the pitch I feel too distant from the players and I like to see their movement, tricks and flicks in more detail. Normal long is the best compromise for me.

I know what you're saying about Broadcast 1, though. The game looks awesome on that camera and it's surprisingly playable. Tempted to switch myself.:THINK:

I've been using the Broadcast 1 camera tonight and I'm fast becoming a convert!

It's the way forward Jamez, it's a whole new era. ;)

By the way, you seriously need to replay any foul your not convinced by, and have a close look mate, even the ones you think are nothing fouls, you'll be surprised.

It's the way forward Jamez, it's a whole new era. ;)

By the way, you seriously need to replay any foul your not convinced by, and have a close look mate, even the ones you think are nothing fouls, you'll be surprised.

There's not nearly enough fouls in this game, Jimmy, that's the problem. No kidding I've not been awarded or given away a single penalty yet.

I use normal long, which is what I've always used in PES. Although wide does give the best view of the pitch I feel too distant from the players and I like to see their movement, tricks and flicks in more detail. Normal long is the best compromise for me.

I know what you're saying about Broadcast 1, though. The game looks awesome on that camera and it's surprisingly playable. Tempted to switch myself.:THINK:

I'll simply quote you since I'm the same too.

Normal long plus the Radar = best option for me. The missing ingredient to make it perfect is angle 9 :CRY:

There's not nearly enough fouls in this game, Jimmy, that's the problem. No kidding I've not been awarded or given away a single penalty yet.

Hand on heart Jamez, I have had one penalty in about 60-70 ML games, but at the same time I dont feel I have been robbed of any. I have had countless freekicks from outside the box and scored a fair few from them. I noticed the ref with the blonde hair seems a little passive, but I honestly dont really see the refs as an issue.

The auto-defending, although massively reduced from PES 2009 is still apparent on occasions. That to be honest is my only real issue with PES 2010 so far.

I had a 'nothing' foul last night against me. I replayed the video close-up and could see that I had cleary obstructed the player, with a hand on his chest. It was very cynical, but valid. During real-time play there didnt look to be any issue. Same went for what looked like a horrific challenge on me. After checking the replay just to make sure, the CPU defender clearly touched the ball first, then sent me flying after contact.

Normal long, the view of champions! Wide is a bit too detached for me as it's harder to judge, for example, when to jink left or right past an opposing defender from distance.

I haven't tried broadcast cam yet. I tried it in previous games but found you could never use it precisely enough in the final third when the view becomes near-isometric. What's so different about this years' cam?

I have switched to the thumb stick for the first time though. Can't go back to eight directions in this game now.

I haven't tried broadcast cam yet. I tried it in previous games but found you could never use it precisely enough in the final third when the view becomes near-isometric. What's so different about this years' cam?

For me, this is the area it comes into it's own. Especially for shooting, it works the same way as the penalties for me.

I'm not sure what's different with the Broadcast Camera 1, as I have never tried other camera views in previous games. I've been a Wide cam only, and very stubborn with it. I still cant believe I'm using a different cam to be honest, never ever thought I would, but this camera just brings the game to life, in my opinion.

Hmm, might have to give it a go then. With 360 movement it might make more sense. My problem with it in previous games is quite hard to describe, but I'll give it a go:

Say you start from kick off in training mode, so no opposition defenders. You press 'right' on the dpad to make your player run towards goal, all good. However, as the view then tilts like a broadcast camera, by the time you get to the edge of the opposition box, your player is now travelling 'diagonal right-up' from your perspective, even though you are still holding 'right'. I was never completely sure which direction I needed to press to make the player move where I wanted as the perspective changed.

The new 360 movement might have eased this as it's more precise, but in key moments I can still see myself getting confused.

Hmm, might have to give it a go then. With 360 movement it might make more sense. My problem with it in previous games is quite hard to describe, but I'll give it a go:

Say you start from kick off in training mode, so no opposition defenders. You press 'right' on the dpad to make your player run towards goal, all good. However, as the view then tilts like a broadcast camera, by the time you get to the edge of the opposition box, your player is now travelling 'diagonal right-up' from your perspective, even though you are still holding 'right'. I was never completely sure which direction I needed to press to make the player move where I wanted as the perspective changed.

The new 360 movement might have eased this as it's more precise, but in key moments I can still see myself getting confused.

I think you may be getting confused with Broadcast Cam 2 ?? That is the camera that seems to swivel with play. The Broadcast 1 Camera doesnt move mate, I couldnt get away with the Broadcast 2 Camera because of your aforementioned concern.

Ah, I see. I'll just shut up then!

:COAT:

Broadcast 1 works the same way as normal long or wide in that it tracks along the sideline and stays level with the action. Like you said, Broadcast 2 is visually the best but I find the control feels a little unnatural as the camera pans to the goal line. Broadcast 1 gives a lower view so you can see across the pitch and have a good field of vision, but it doesn't feel distant from the players.

I think it's my new favourite.:)

Holy shit. I'm a normal long lover but broadcast 1 is awesome. Thanks guys.
BTW the refs are bad. I have been chopped in half more than enough times, but don't get PKs. Wtf konami?

Broadcast 1 truly does bring the game to life. I miss the 1-9 panning, but I honestly haven't considered it an issue since discovering this little beauty.

Is the camera hack ready??? there was a thread with a tool tp customize height and zoom. I haven't checked it out in a while though.

In previous game broadcast 1 was a bit too zoomed in...bit wider and higher would make it perfect.

Is the camera hack ready??? there was a thread with a tool tp customize height and zoom. I haven't checked it out in a while though.

In previous game broadcast 1 was a bit too zoomed in...bit wider and higher would make it perfect.

Same here. At least higher would've sufficed though.

Normally a Broadcast 1 man myself, but while i'm getting to grips with PES 2010, i've been using Normal Long

I used to play Wide since PES 5, before I played normal long, and now I'm going back to normal long. The game seems faster and responsive (PS3 version @720p) and that's the way I like my PES fix, fast and furious. I've tried broadcast 1 and I think we lose a bit perception of the deep of the field. Still I can see myself making the switch because the response of this years game reminds me of virtua strike and so does that camera.

Back
Top Bottom