PES 2010 Penalty System!

GraGra

aka... Indeedilidoodily
5 August 2005
Queensland, Australia
Chelsea
Everyone start sending an email to Konami about it - if we all do it a miracle might happen and they will:

- Go back to the "behind the player" camera angle
- Have Analouge aiming!

A side camera and digital aiming? - WHAT THE HECK WERE THEY THINKING?

p.s. Other than that I like the rest of the demo, hope the game turns out good.

You mean the PK during a game? Final game should include the usual behind the goal cam with analogue just like the PK shootouts.

I got a penalty in my first and only demo game, read the new system and thought "what?" So I figured I would play it safe and just hold down and shoot...drill it straight down the middle. The ball went about 8 yards wide...

I got a penalty in my first and only demo game, read the new system and thought "what?" So I figured I would play it safe and just hold down and shoot...drill it straight down the middle. The ball went about 8 yards wide...

Yeah, they probably could have explained the system a bit better. I suppose you'd need about 5-6 penalties just to be able to properly experiment and check out how it actually works.

You mean the PK during a game? Final game should include the usual behind the goal cam with analogue just like the PK shootouts.

Behind the goal cam? You mean for saving them, yes? That's good news - I loved that cam in Fifa 10 PC (one of the few things I did love). Is this applicable to the PC version of PES 10 as well?

I'm playing the PS3 Demo, there is no shootout at the end if the match is drawn. "Behind the player" cam for the shootout you have in the video above seems fine (albeit still looks to use the d-pad according to the instructions beforehand) but did you guys change the camera for it?, or was it set to that by default?

In the PS3 demo I switch the camera temporarily, and then back again after the penalty is shot. It's crap frankly! This sorta stuff really annoys me, I mean do they not have a good quality control / testing department at Konami? If they read these discussion boards they could figure out the majority of players want it a certain way. "If it ain't broke why fix it?" - the old penalty system seemed good enough!

Last edited:
It's not in either of the demos, it's been unlocked with a time-extender patch which only works with the PC version. I used the analogue stick in that video above and I held it just off centre, and as you can see it did actually go just off centre. I do like the old system, but I don't mind trying something new, it adds to the whole experience as it's a lot harder to score penalties now, which can only be a good thing.

Behind the goal cam? You mean for saving them, yes? That's good news - I loved that cam in Fifa 10 PC (one of the few things I did love). Is this applicable to the PC version of PES 10 as well?

My bad :CONF:

I meant behind the player like the one mjsmith2k posted.

It's not in either of the demos, it's been unlocked with a time-extender patch which only works with the PC version. I used the analogue stick in that video above and I held it just off centre, and as you can see it did actually go just off centre. I do like the old system, but I don't mind trying something new, it adds to the whole experience as it's a lot harder to score penalties now, which can only be a good thing.

I hope its hard for the CPU as well..

Last edited:
konami are really going backwards. wtf is with the penalty kicks.
i missed 3 way off. explanation is a joke too

There is a good tutorial for penalties on the pesfan site. I think the new system will work quite well when i get used to it. FIFA's system is still way better though, mainly because PES system is designed for d-pad..

Last years pens just seemed too random at times.
hit or miss really pardon the pun

I completely agree with that. There 's no real explanation why you miss a penalty, you just press the same direction as always except sometimes it goes wide and sometimes it's on target.

It does need to be changed so I'm hoping the new system works ok once we get used to it.

the pen system in the full version is 1000 times better, even on side cam it works like a charm , i recommend you to practise it after watching tut in training mode

Back
Top Bottom