pes 2010 + hd4870 problem

lipaaa

PES FAN
28 September 2007
POLAND
Brazil (with R9)
Hi guys, I just have my new graphics card radeon HD4870 and I got problem pes gameplay is skipping some time and thats really anoing, before I got 8800gts (rest: e8400 2x2gb) and don't have that problem, in pes setting got everything unchecked (frame s. vsync etc.) and in ATI panel got vsync force on (just like with NV)

what that might be??

I'm new in ATI, maybe need something to set in drivrs??

my drivers are catalyst 9.10 and xp 32

Thanks in advice

problem solved, the new catalyst 9.10 are messed up with vsync or refresh, at least for me

I've install newest Xtreme-G drivers and work perfect with "vsync on" in ATI contorl center...

the problem is back, once is good once not and is skipping WTF??

Last edited:
hi mate. use D3DOverrider. i have the same card HD 4870..and with that D3DOverrider no vsync problems. apparently the vsync in catalyst control only works for OpenGL games. whereas PES2010 is a Direct3D game. so try it with that program and see how it goes. you could also look at this thread for more info :
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55714&highlight=d3doverrider

plus another useful tip after u've downloaded rivatuner:

The best way to use D3D override is to install Rivatuner ,don't run it, now go to program files folder & look in there for the D3D override folder i think its in a folder called tools inside the Rivatuner folder if i remember correctly, now drag the D3D override folder onto your desktop/uninstall Rivatuner/put the D3D override folder back in your program files folder or where ever you want to keep it & you can now use it without having Rivatuner installed as D3D override is a stand alone app/ you can then add pes2010.exe to the profiles to make vsync & triple buffer run automatically when pes is run, you can also add it to start up programs so you don't have to keep running it before playing pes2010., that's what i have done since pes08, as trying to find a link to D3D override on it's own is not very easy.

thanks to Hawke!

Last edited:
ok, I will try this but now I'm thinking is it vsync? because my screen is not "cuting" like typically no vsync, but one second skipping so maybe is something with screen refresh, I don't know, I've never had that before, specially with NV cards I've always used, and with other games everything is ok, but I will try this solution and tell U if it helps me

Hello i've same problem of stuttering in game with a 4870 card under 7,
this morning i tried this utility: gamebooster (free and easy to find) and the game is perfectly fluid now, so try it and give feedback...

Thank samos1234, but I think that gamebooster is for optimalization Your pc to better gameplay, and I got very good pc (e8400 @3,6 2x2gb 1066 ddr2) and don't need optimalize it, specially that with 8800gts (worst than HD4870) and same stuff I've got no skipping and smooth gameplay, so I know is definetely ATI problem

ok i understand, i've a dual core e6750 with 4gb ram for information, anyway i think you can try gamebooster because with one single click you can stop numbers of services and reactivate them again rapidly...it could help for other games i think because we never know all the things that can interfere with gameplay.

hi mate. use D3DOverrider. i have the same card HD 4870..and with that D3DOverrider no vsync problems. apparently the vsync in catalyst control only works for OpenGL games. whereas PES2010 is a Direct3D game. so try it with that program and see how it goes. you could also look at this thread for more info :
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55714&highlight=d3doverrider

plus another useful tip after u've downloaded rivatuner:

thanks to Hawke!

Just like I thought, its not V-sync, D3DOverrider doesn't do any change, I can't belive it, WTF is going on?? and its seems to be only my problem, because I cant find any solution in internet for that one second skipping in game

it's Crazy, I got very good Vcard and pc but I cant play smooth PES... F**** ATI

litle update: its seems to be OK now, but I must use 2 programs, refreshlock and D3DOverrider(this is really good program U can use global(every aplication) setting for vsync & triple buffering and don't set it in games or drivers) I don't know what is hapend but all this is because screen refresh I think, so with this 2 programs is ok

but still how this hapend that with NV is perfect and with ATI is all mess up, ATI got good graphic card (HD4870 is betrer than gts250 with same price in Poland) but ATI drivers completely lost with NV drivers

another update: something is not right with D3DOverrider, becouse after some time program stops forcing vsync and I must restart pc to work propertly again

Last edited:
Hello.

I am struggling with my problem of the second month, I'm beginning to suspect my tv (Sony KDL-40w4000)

The problem looks like this: After a strong shot on goal when the ball bounces off a player in the penalty area, or from the post, after two to three seconds game tort "cut" skip ".
This happens even after a strong shot, detained or captured by the goalkeeper.

The problem occurs once in a while on average a few times in the match (20 minutes)

Overall, it plays perfectly animated replays, etc.

Configuration:
p5q pro
e8400@3,6
ballistix 4gb@1000
hd4870 512
ocz 600w
bravia 40" 1920x1080
win 7/64

Please advice.

it might be something with tv screen setting, try setup some refresh or resolution setting in U'r LCD tv or try find in google something like "pes 2010+lcd tv problems"

If U got good PC (and U have it) is 99% monitor or tv screen problem

any update on this...i have same issue ....it has a slight slowdown occasionaly when u hit strong shot......i have e8400 with 260 gt ....4gb ram...and sometimes it runs all fine ...wondering any body has found any solution

I have the hd4870 and I have no stuttering and its really smooth. i have v-sync ON in my ATI control center + a few other things I set to max quality like anti-aliasing.
altho my driver version is 9.2 .. so I dont know about 9.10
I heard the new ATI drivers aren't really that great. I would say wait until 9.12 or later come out and see if they improve anything.

I run everything maxxed and perfect with 9.2 so I say try it out.

On my PES settings I have v-sync on only.

edit: 9.12 just came out recently like a few days ago..
anyway try those out .. if not i recommend 9.2 they are great drivers

Hi guys, I just have my new graphics card radeon HD4870 and I got problem pes gameplay is skipping some time and thats really anoing, before I got 8800gts (rest: e8400 2x2gb) and don't have that problem, in pes setting got everything unchecked (frame s. vsync etc.) and in ATI panel got vsync force on (just like with NV)

what that might be??

I'm new in ATI, maybe need something to set in drivrs??

my drivers are catalyst 9.10 and xp 32

Thanks in advice

defrage all ur hard disks n use the latest official drivers , problem solved

i did defrag .....installed latest drivers tried to overclock ...then underclocked ..played with virtual memory setting......uninstalled antivirus ..but no nothing ....its same every match once or twice it happens.......

I remember doing something like this on my Radeon 4850, but I haven't done any further testing after uninstalling 2010 on my PC. I used D3DOverrider, but I didn't choose vsync under the settings. I found that after disabling vsync, the random speed up in-between cutscenes disappeared and the game was running just fine. The same thing happened in PES 2009 for me.

its getting to the point of frustration .....man it sucks ......is it a universal prob or are we the choosen ones i have also heard this issue on ps3

Hi I have had the same problem with my ATI x1650 I know it an old card but this sync problem is a problem.

Anyway here is my solution dont know if it will work for you, what I did was download and install rivatuner, and used d3doverrider to control vsync, in ati settings put vsync setting to off unlees application specifies and in PES settings unchecked everything, and needless to say the game flows almost perfectly for me apart from a slow down when there is so many players on screen at once but that maybe down to the graphics card and the high settings i have on the catalyst control centre.

Remember to add the exe file in d3doverrider and have it start from windows boot up. I have 4:3 lcd 19inc 1024x768

I had these fsp drops and sudden stops in game too after i upgraded to win7.
After I put the triple buffering on in CCC then my game ran very smoothly. My card is X1950XTX with settings high and 1600x1200 resolution.

Hi ...

I tried the riva tuner with always on settings in v sync also in d3d overrider to on also in the game setting vsyn is on ...it seems better now it only stutters once in say 3 games previously it used to stutter everytime there was powerful shot hot ...now also it stutters but not everytime its say once in 2-3 games which is ok

Back
Top Bottom