PES 2010 Demo - Wait for VSYNC is Greyed out

triple buffering is used in opengl games which are rather old these days, pes is a direct3d game vsync in the settings should be on and pre rendered frames should be set to 1 for the maximum enjoyment of the keyboard response times or controller

triple buffering is used in opengl games which are rather old these days, pes is a direct3d game vsync in the settings should be on and pre rendered frames should be set to 1 for the maximum enjoyment of the keyboard response times or controller

Yeah good tip about the pre-rendered frames being 1 in PES. I find that helps.

Thanx for the tip primepeace,i do remember reading on here last year that nvidia defaults the pre rendered frames at 3 and this apparently is wrong.

please, could someone tell me if the following could be true:
a friend of mine plays on an old crt (1024x768@75hz).
in the settings.exe he has vsync enabled and frameskipping disabled.

he says that he does not like the game because when he scores with a rebound, the ball everytime flies ito the net with 300km/h so that he only see it's a goal because the net is moving.
and sometimes when the computer intercepts a high throughball, the ball bounces off the players nose and bumps very fast like in a flipper.
he liked the gamescom-version and now he thinks the players run faster than in pes09.
has it something to do with frameskipping off?

primepeace, have you seen following things in the demo? (pc, top player):
1. 300km/h rebound shots?
2. high ball interceptions by the cpu which bouce 20yards away from their nose e.g.?
3. ball bouncing off the ground too high like on a street?
4. high throughballs are too slow?

most of them the demo is a very old code and many things are not in the game i dont even call the demo pes its some street soccer, konami are yet to reveal the full release that will be much much pes like this demo i can say now is very very ordinary, it makes konami look bad but all these strange ball effects and drunken style football will be lifted from the full release on october 29

Is there a way or a need to change the pre rendered frames for ati cards and where can it be done?

pre rendered frames is flip queue size in Ati cards. Can be tweaked with Ati tools and propably others. Default value is 0 however.

Powerstrip works fine. Now the game is much smoother and it is at 60 fps almost all the time. Powerstrip is not a free software tho?

please, could someone tell me if the following could be true:
a friend of mine plays on an old crt (1024x768@75hz).
in the settings.exe he has vsync enabled and frameskipping disabled.

he says that he does not like the game because when he scores with a rebound, the ball everytime flies ito the net with 300km/h so that he only see it's a goal because the net is moving.
and sometimes when the computer intercepts a high throughball, the ball bounces off the players nose and bumps very fast like in a flipper.
he liked the gamescom-version and now he thinks the players run faster than in pes09.
has it something to do with frameskipping off?

Hmm, the likeliest suspect is bolded&colored. Perhaps lowering refresh rate to 60Hz could do the trick?

Yes it's grayed out at 59 Mhz.
But you can change it to 60 Mhz, from the Control Panel, which i did, and it's running as smooth as it can be at 1920 x 1080 resolution.
I am using Windows 7, the uploader calls it WIndows 7 Ultimate.

Yes it's grayed out at 59 Mhz.
But you can change it to 60 Mhz, from the Control Panel, which i did, and it's running as smooth as it can be at 1920 x 1080 resolution.
I am using Windows 7, the uploader calls it WIndows 7 Ultimate.

Yes I have made these changes and now its running smooth, thanks :)

well it seems it greyed out when the refresh rate isn't 60hz..

many win 7 users suffers refresh rate being stuck on 59 hz, which disables v-sync of PES.. no workaround for this problem yet..

Had the same problem with the V-Sync being disabled on Windows 7.
Found a workaround on my machine...

Original screen resolution 1680 x 1050. V-Sync greyed out. 59Hz issue present.
Change screen resolution to lower spec. I changed mine to 1280 x 800 and 1440 x 900 - both work with this method.
Video refresh options at 60Hz & 75Hz became available. Selected 60Hz.
PES2010 settings now showed V-Sync no longer greyed out.
Selected video options for game to be my original screen resolution (1680 x 1050) - full screen.
Game played fine and no-tearing. :))
Also noted that the 75Hz setting isn't trouble free...so sticking with 60Hz.

Not the ultimate fix, but a quite simple work around.

Hope this helps.

(Windows 7 Ultimate x64. 4GB RAM. 1GB-HD4870)

Thanks for the explanation. I found this out the other day and it's working fine now. I guess this is a OS issue?

Back
Top Bottom