PES 2010 Demo - Wait for VSYNC is Greyed out

gimpymoo

League 2
24 October 2007
Does this mean its disabled and I cant enable it or enabled and I cant disable it?

ANy idea why it is greyed out?

ISSUE RESOLVED

It appears the game does not like running BELOW 60Hz. I am running Windows 7 BETA and this does not currently allow to go above 59Hz.

I used an application named Powerstrip - http://entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm
I then created a profile which Forced the 60Hz mode when the PES 2010 demo was launched.

This the introduced tearing on the screen, soo...

I used D3D Overrider from within the Rivatuner app - http://downloads.guru3d.com/RivaTuner-v2.24c-download-163.html

I forced Vsync and Triple buffering and tearing was gone.

Game now running VERY smooth.

Many thanks to all who have helped.

Last edited:
It's only usually greyed out if your monitor refresh rate is set to 75hz , set it to 60hz and it should be available.

well it seems it greyed out when the refresh rate isn't 60hz..

many win 7 users suffers refresh rate being stuck on 59 hz, which disables v-sync of PES.. no workaround for this problem yet..

I have this problem too. Win7 is stuck at 59 (latest monitor drivers), while ati drivers are stuck at 60.
So the option is checked but grayed out. The problem is i still have tearing, even forcing vsync from control panel...

So whats the probleM, OS, graphic card or the game...

Last edited:

many win 7 users suffers refresh rate being stuck on 59 hz, which disables v-sync of PES.. no workaround for this problem yet..

I am on Windows 7 also with an ATI card and mine is stuck at 59hz.

Apparently the Windows 7 RTM has resolved the issue, apparently.

Powerstrip seems to solve the problem. I force the refresh to 60, and the option is active. So finally no tearing!

You don't need settings.exe to set vsync on, you can use nvidia control panel or ati panel to force vsync on manually, I did that and it works perfect.

Im on Windows Vista Home Premium, I have no problems such!!
I use the Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4890 OverClocked Edition and I am running the game bloody smoothly on my 24 inch Samsung monitor at 60 Hz with V-Sync on no tearing, no lag.:BOP:

Im on Windows Vista Home Premium, I have no problems such!!
I use the Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4890 OverClocked Edition and I am running the game bloody smoothly on my 24 inch Samsung monitor at 60 Hz with V-Sync on no tearing, no lag.:BOP:

And your point is??

Powerstrip seems to solve the problem. I force the refresh to 60, and the option is active. So finally no tearing!

Good shout. Thanks.

Im still getting the "not quiet silky smooth" effect which is annoying as I am loving the game.

It is not that it is BAD, more annoying as it is playbale but it is as though if it was that little bit better it would be perfectly smooth.

thanxxxxxxxx ....that's it :)) ....i had the same proplem on my windows 7 too ....and it happened because the refresh rate stuck on the 59 HZ ....and v.sync active only at 60 HZ .......so i google the powerstrip and downloaded it ....and configure the display options refresh rate on 60 HZ ......and it works ...the V.sync option are now avalible and no more grey out ....and the game now is incredibly smoooth with no tearing and flikering anymore.....

the link for powerstrip is http://entechtaiwan.com/files/pstrip.exe

gimpymoo....try it and i'm sure it will work
:)) ..try it and tell me the result here ....

thanxxxxxx NeticH again for ur help :))

Thanks guys, the Powerstrip thing works for me, V-Sync is no longer greyed out in settings :) Do I have to run Powerstrip whenever I want to play PES 2010 for now? If I'm using Windows 7....? :)

Did you set an application profile in Powerstrip for PES 2010 Demo?

THANK YOU SIMCUT - That worked a treat.

To add, I also used D3D Overrider from Riva Tuner to remove the tearing.

Game now playing VERY smooth.

Thank you to all for your help.

Maybe this will help others with the same problem.

D3D Overider is apart of the Riva Tuner application.

Install Riva Tuner then just look in its Program Group in the Start Menu.

Remember to minimise D3D Overider once it has been opened and configured before playing the game.

The best way to use D3D override is to install Rivatuner ,don't run it, now go to program files folder & look in there for the D3D override folder i think its in a folder called tools inside the Rivatuner folder if i remember correctly, now drag the D3D override folder onto your desktop/uninstall Rivatuner/put the D3D override folder back in your program files folder or where ever you want to keep it & you can now use it without having Rivatuner installed as D3D override is a stand alone app/ you can then add pes2010.exe to the profiles to make vsync & triple buffer run automatically when pes is run, you can also add it to start up programs so you don't have to keep running it before playing pes2010., that's what i have done since pes08, as trying to find a link to D3D override on it's own is not very easy.

The best way to use D3D override is to install Rivatuner ,don't run it, now go to program files folder & look in there for the D3D override folder i think its in a folder called tools inside the Rivatuner folder if i remember correctly, now drag the D3D override folder onto your desktop/uninstall Rivatuner/put the D3D override folder back in your program files folder or where ever you want to keep it & you can now use it without having Rivatuner installed as D3D override is a stand alone app/ you can then add pes2010.exe to the profiles to make vsync & triple buffer run automatically when pes is run, you can also add it to start up programs so you don't have to keep running it before playing pes2010., that's what i have done since pes08, as trying to find a link to D3D override on it's own is not very easy.

thx for the tutorial..so what should i do force it on or off??
thx for the answer..:)):))

It seems that active vsync is the main cause of the "button press delay problem" on PC version.
So don't try to enable it :)

Well the game plays "too fast" then and the tearing is terrible.. Also the player animation seems bad.

Does the tribble buffering affect the speed of the game when v-sync is on?

Back
Top Bottom