PES 2009 PStriple thoughts

PRO_TOO

Team Heffernan
25 May 2003
Rego Park, Germany
Team Heffernan
playing the ps2 version for several years now, its hard to have the same fun with the ps3 version! sure there are a lot of new cool things to try out, the graphics are way better. but in terms of gameplay... man, this game is behind pes ps2! i dont wanna get too specific here, just a few things:

- does the keepers fumble the ball more often!? that wouldnt be a bad thing, if it wouldnt result in the same rebound goal every time

- fifa like animations!? it feels like the players take more time to turn and stuff... it feels like a animation-phase that takes to much time! ps2 version was more "responsive"

- triangle passes controlled by cpu? this was very tough first time i noticed it! wtf, i wanna decide where my passes are going.

just a few things that drive my crazy sometimes. there a still some glitches from the ps2 version in it, like turning around while running when the ball goes overhead.

what we (community) need is a fresh pair of shoes! a new engine! a whole ne footie experience!

try fifa 09 with manual settings, slow speed against a friend. You'll get surprised if you haven't yet!

yeah i tried. the only problem i have with fifa is that, for example, the animations for a player turning around or players colliding with each other, are "too long"!

i hate it when i do a move and it takes seconds to animate it! it feels like a lot of canned animations stringed together. the ps2 version of pes was far more direct. i hope you get me here!

and i have the same "canned animation" feeling when i play pes09 ps3 (at least its not as much canned as fia)! its moving towards fifa in terms of animation and gameplay, while fifa moves towards pes.

IMO, if konami dont get it straight and release a new engine with all new next gen animations and stuff in 2010, fifa will pass by pes in all possible ways.

ps: did you guys mention all the fumbles the keeper do!? wtf!? i never had so many goals against me by rebounders. ok i havent updated to 1.20 yet, but will this change things? in terms of gameplay or something?

the pace in pes 2009 seems fine. i loved the ps2 version for being more "directly" (not that canned). anyway. had a few fifa matches with a friend last night. it was fun, most of the time. but like pes, there are a few things that got me f'ed up! players "stuttering" over the pitch, physics or AI! whatever, i liked the manual short passes. so much better than pes short passes, IMO. the keeper seems to play a modern-keeper-style (comming out on one-on-one situations), which is a good thing! when does the konami / EA crossover come out? whats the name? FIFA Evolution Soccer???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom