PES 2009 is better than ever

I've only played the demo but I find it a throwback to deep, intuitive, balanced gameplay of yesteryear. Last year's effort was almost unplayable, so much so that only a few months in and we were back to WE10 and having a blast.

This year there are a few niggles in the gameplay department, namely feints, some animations, a few silly keeper issues and alike.

But there are also improvements, such as clearences with the side foot from defenders, heavier ball, physics more realistic, couple all of the above with more balanced gameplay, I think we have a good game on our hands.

Tima always tells, but from what I see, it is going to have lasting appeal, and it will be FUN. The key word!!

I like it. I battered the demo on Xbox 360 but picked up the PS3 version yesterday. I had to go to an event last night but still managed to squeeze in a couple of matches when I got back (half cut, admittedly) against my flat mate.

I lost the first game 2-1, I was Liverpool, he was Man Utd. He opened with a Scholes finish from close range, then added a Ronaldo header a few minutes later (did I mention I was half cut? :WASTED:) I regained some composure and slotted home with Robbie Keane after some careful passing around the box. I dominated the second half but couldn't find an equaliser thus, tragically, lost the first game of the new season.

I won the second game 2-1, I was Milan, he was Barca. He opened the scoring again with a neat finish by Eto'o from a Messi cross, but I pegged him back with a close range tap-in from Pato after good work in the box by Ronnie. Then came my moment of magic, 2 minutes from time, I swivelled on the edge of the box with Kaka, side stepped Puyol and squeezed in a low, powerful drive past Valdes at the near post. Rapture.

Nothing particularly Oscar-worthy there, but crucially both games were really enjoyable and 'fairly' played. At no stage did I curse the game design, as no stage did I feel cheated, even when going behind. PES 2008 had stupid score lines of 5-0, 6-0, 4-3 etc on a regular basis, but so far I feel PES 2009 is a much more balanced game, like the good old days. The 'super' players like Messi and Ronaldo feel powerful and formidable to defend against, as they should, but they're not unbeatable like they were last year. A crucial point for me. :D

Liking it a lot so far, still a long way to go before I can call proper judgement on it though...

never mind that...my version the computer is controling most of my play and also the controls tend to stick, i pass one direction and it passes a totally different...cusor changes to the dumbest position (e.g. i'm attacking in thier half, change cusor and centre back is selected in my half) player AI is stupid, they dont get into the right position...penalty decisions are stupid and plays tend to get sent off to easily...i can write more but cant be bothered...i'm gonna give it another week or so and see what the outcome is...

i think we are playing different games,none of those things u say happened to me since 2 days i am playing the game....

Maybe u are playing a different game, those things happened to me too.

Been a loyal PES fan for years and have been doing option files for the PS2 etc, but i bought this game after already owning FIFA 2009 and i can honestly say that its garbage.
No Berbatov at United,
Shevchenko at Chelski
Robinho at real Madrid,
This is not including the unlicenced teams (licenced Champions league without licensened teams)

When are Konami going to learn that realism is the key to football games

Been a loyal PES fan for years and have been doing option files for the PS2 etc, but i bought this game after already owning FIFA 2009 and i can honestly say that its garbage.
No Berbatov at United,
Shevchenko at Chelski
Robinho at real Madrid,
This is not including the unlicenced teams (licenced Champions league without licensened teams)

When are Konami going to learn that realism is the key to football games
well if u take the fucking time to look about konami are releasing an update that fixes all trancfers and adds more licensed team ie athletico madrid n so on, ,

sry for outburst but ive been reading fanboy peshaters all day and im sick of it

We are not fanboy pes haters, we are players who have played pes and loved pes for years who reoognise a shite game when we play one, and have become sick of konami's lack of effort and progress in making pes better.

so dont call us pes haters we are not, we just wont give konami money or credit for the shite they have produced for the last two years.

We are not fanboy pes haters, we are players who have played pes and loved pes for years who reoognise a shite game when we play one, and have become sick of konami's lack of effort and progress in making pes better.

so dont call us pes haters we are not, we just wont give konami money or credit for the shite they have produced for the last two years.

i would expect you to try to find that lady in your avatar and get your steam off on her rather than doing it here.... :D

Lizarazu 77 I've added "Kartal gool gool gol" chant to Besiktas ut unfortunately could not find Zapotocny neither in Udinese nor in Czech Rebublic.
Best Wishes from Istanbul

Besiktasli olunmaz Besiktasli dogulur diyorum sadece..

can you send me kartal gol gol gol? what about "üclü"? i think that chant would also be nice in the game.

well if u take the fucking time to look about konami are releasing an update that fixes all trancfers and adds more licensed team ie athletico madrid n so on, ,

sry for outburst but ive been reading fanboy peshaters all day and im sick of it

:BLEH:
I'm sticking with ps2 version as the game has always been about gameplay and the ps2 version is 100% better.

For ps3 and xbox360, Konami just can't get it right.

Who cares about the right squads and transfers. Every pro evo fan, winnig eleven fan and pes fan will all admit that they play the game for its gameplay and not its lack of fifa style graphics.

I've always returned my next gen copy as its been shit since it came out on xbox360 and pes3.

I'll stick to ps2 version so i can play winning eleven also.

:COP:

Hi, whenever i try to log in on PES 2009 it says that its testing the network environment, but then it comes up with an error. it says i should try to turn on port forwarding in network settings and also some other stuff, but i don't know how to do any of this. can anyone help?

I have difficulties to understand why most of the people heavily criticise the game ?
What do they expect? Husain Bolt type speedy players?
In real football you don't run, you run the ball. At the moment I'm watching M'Boro-Chelsea live and Real football is something like that. Game is not fast like you imagine. If it is ; it becomes an arcade game.
Which should be more realistic? I am 37 years old and have been playing this game since the beginning. And left when there was FIFA 97.
Fifa is improved but still no feeling. Gameplay is like basketball games.
I tried to explain my point of view. And I respect to everyone and I also said "Kick and Rush" type guys won't like it. You have to build up your game.
So I want things realistic..Shooting,Passing, Crossing Dribbling etc.. I hated Gran Turismo 5 because you hit another car with 250 km/h and you don't even have a scratch !!! But most people love that game. I don't..

Thanks.

the only thing which i cant understand that what people expect more,this is just a computer game not a real life,i am reading very harsh comments sometimes and Konami really dont deserve this,when there was Pes 6 only,people were complaning about the graphics and the sound,thousand comments here how bad graphics Pes 6 have and now graphics and sound are 10 times better and people are complaining the other things...its really not possible to satifsy the people in the world,whatever u do there will be always the opposition party against you,i have wrote it in another thread,if i was Konami i would stop making soccer game for some 2-3 years and i would like to see those people what they gonna do when they have fifa only...

This years instalment is quite a pleasant suprise considering the crap they have served up for the last 2 years. Besides the patchy licensing, the gameplay is greatly more realistic and fun. However, as much as I have followed PES over the years and enjoyed the in depth editing, the lack of any real innovation has really caught up with them and its reflected by FIFA catching up in the gameplay department.

Im not here to bash PES 2009, Its a good game but nowhere as good as what it can and should be. It looks like they are in for a real fight for the first time in a while

This game rules. The Graphics (Especially afternoon and Rainy) Are Awesome! for the rest Great gameplay no problems. and good online
Become a legend is better in my opinion then fifas be a pro
and legends mode online is GREAT FUN!.

I have difficulties to understand why most of the people heavily criticise the game ?
What do they expect? Husain Bolt type speedy players?
In real football you don't run, you run the ball. At the moment I'm watching M'Boro-Chelsea live and Real football is something like that. Game is not fast like you imagine. If it is ; it becomes an arcade game.
Which should be more realistic? I am 37 years old and have been playing this game since the beginning. And left when there was FIFA 97.
Fifa is improved but still no feeling. Gameplay is like basketball games.
I tried to explain my point of view. And I respect to everyone and I also said "Kick and Rush" type guys won't like it. You have to build up your game.
So I want things realistic..Shooting,Passing, Crossing Dribbling etc.. I hated Gran Turismo 5 because you hit another car with 250 km/h and you don't even have a scratch !!! But most people love that game. I don't..

Thanks.

:APPLAUD: I'm with u all the way... Pes2009 is very realistic
I ve been glued to my sofa the past three days playing(PS3 version) We have a good game this year...
Those who don't like it...go with FIFA:ZZZ:

Game is good, probably not VERY GOOD, but some people cannot bear that or want a perfect game. That never wont happen, specifically because there is no such thing like that. Something which is perfect foe me wont be for others. That is it.

the gameplay is perfect...ppl who said that pes2009 is crap don't know nothin about soccer.
Just too bad that seabass - fatass made barca and inter superteams with superheroes....AGAIN!!!

if yer on the pc just change the control scheme. on the consoles its probably not possible.

Back
Top Bottom