PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Rob "I am more intelligent than you" 92, that is not the reason.
When have I ever said "I am more intelligent than you"?

When you're going to say something, at least make sure what you're saying is right and not made up.

However I LOVE your attempt to make it seem as if I am marginalising you because of your views on a computer game.
Well then what is it? I see no other reason, and you have no problem with people who post basically the same as me but prefer PES over FIFA.

You not only stuck your foot in it, you dived into a big barrel of it and then denied that you were anywhere near the barrel.

All the best though, I see you are still trying to complete that marathon backwards.
More bullshit from you, attempting to be funny but not being, or a repeat of something that was funny.

I'd say two or three of the things you have said in your 296 posts have actually made me laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is getting boring really. Its a repeat of what's happened in the past months but only add a new face to it.
Humour is all good, but when yer just cancelling each other out just use the PM for fookin sakes.

I guess my humour is a bit low brow for someone of your intellect.
What a stunning post by you, congratulations on your fantastic achievement.

haha_you_suck_at_the_internet.jpg

Seriously, is that all you can come up with? You try and make yourself out to be an internet legend on here yet you post utter shit like that a lot.

Hi y'all.

Just for drekkard and machinaesupremacy:

Hi there.

Well, I keep coming to the site just to look at your avatar :P

Actually, I've been quite busy these past days, and will be so for the following weeks - I'm getting married in 17 days.

Nonetheless, I've been playing PES2009 a lot, and I've been enjoying it so far. I usually don't like the demos as much because I like to play with smaller clubs, I don't like to play only with the big teams. I get lots of satisfaction from playing with my poor Sporting Lisbon, and maybe that's why I'm more of a Master League type than a full manager type guy. I like to take the small teams to the top.

That said, I'm liking to read a lot about people enjoying BAL. As I've been saying for quite a while, it is THE mode that I wanted in a football game ever since Libero Grande hit the PS1.

I've played it a bit in the beginning, I signed for "Wearside" (what's their real name? It's where Chopra plays, and Weir), but so far, in Top Player, I have only played training matches. Nonetheless, it's only been 6 or 7 weeks, and so I deleted my save file. I'll start it from scratch later.

I decided to play a CL with Sporting to make time for the patch to arrive, because I know that the moment I get my hands on BAL again, I won't put it off, and I would rather have the real team names for that mode.

I've also tried playing 2 matches online, 2vs2, and I simply recalled why I hated going online with strangers. There were these two guys with mics who spent all the time talking trash. Nonetheless, one of them had a red connection, and as such we never played a single game until the end. Also, both games were Inter vs Chelsea. At one time, I asked if they wanted to play with Portuguese teams (since we were all Portuguese in the room), and they all decided to create a new room to play... Inter vs Chelsea.

Sigh.

I'll be going online for some Legends matches when I have a BAL player to play as. I'm really looking forward to playing that mode - and as I said before, if anyone wants to add me to PSN, my nick is pjft (if I remember correctly).

@FreMM - thanks for adding me. However, I'm having another problem: how do I find players online by their PES Id? Mine is also pjft (if this is, indeed, the ID that I should be giving).

About the game, I get a lot more satisfaction from playing it than I had for the 2 weeks where I forced myself to play FIFA. That was self-inflicted pain for my taste. In the end, my joy lies with PES.

I can face that PES's graphics don't have the gloss FIFA's have - it's actually pretty obvious in my LCD.

I can live without the clan features or the 10vs10 online mode.

I'm simply enjoying the game for what it is, and loving every moment. I managed to tie the game against Barcelona with Sporting (3-3) at the last minute, and I jumped off the couch and started celebrating. FIFA never gave me that. It was either "yay, I scored the goal on the 90th minute", "damn, they scored", or "well, I'm losing 2-0, let's see what happens now".

With PES it's more "F*ck, they scored, I have to get my act together", "Damn, I'm 2 down! I've got 30 mins to try and tie at least. Bring it on, suckers" or, finally, "Hell yeah, take that! And you thought you were going to take the 3 points with you!". I'm actually living the game.

I can completely empathize with pboreham when he said in the BAL thread that "he understands the Pros now for being pissed off when being subbed" or that he is always afraid of being subbed every time the ball goes out in the second half :)

I'm not going to try and preach PES to anyone. I wouldn't mind if I was the only one playing PES. If it is THE game I enjoy - and due to work life mixing with family life and playing time, it is the game that I play for 90% of my playing time during the whole year - I'll gladly keep playing it and enjoying it.

Why has Badgerman been away from the thread, as well as me? Because most of the negative comments that come out nowadays are mainly repetitions of things that don't add anything to the discussion, and it won't change our mind. It is mostly people trying to convince us that they are right and that their truth is THE truth, and that nuisance will only detract from our PES experience.

I won't let the haters ruin PES for me :)

I'll keep following the thread, mind you, and I sure hope to meet some of you online in a Legends match, or for a Sporting Lisbon vs whichever club you choose :) I'm a fair sport, I don't mind if you win the matches against me - I'm a though cookie, nonetheless, or at least I'll put up some challenge ;) - I just want to have some nice matches against people who are mature enough about games and playing against others.

Still, it is not likely that this will happen in the following weeks, since I'm full of stuff to take care of for the wedding.

Best regards, and keep up the great mood we have here!

Paulo Tavares

P.S. - I have a question about OFs, however. Do they bring the chants over, or do we have to setup the chants individually?

Unfortunately, I haven't been having any decent game time whatsoever for the past week or so, since - as Zakov mentioned -I'm getting married this Saturday, and then I'll be off for two weeks.

Thus, I haven't been able to get myself to write a more detailed review than these disperse thoughts I wrote earlier.

I have recently been on the bench in my Become a Legend mode, which has been rather satisfying, and I managed to be eliminated from the Champions League in the semi-finals by drawing 3-3 at home with Inter, if I remember correctly, and drawing 0-0 in their stadium. I enjoyed the games thoroughly, though, even though there really is not much more to add.

Also, I got to play a couple of online matches against a friend of mine, and they ran smoothly enough for online matches, but they still feel different then offline ones.

If I can say something about PES, it's that for the past 3/4/5 years the game has not had gameplay novelty in it. In previous editions, I would spend lots of time on the training mode, finding new moves, new animations, new control methods... I really enjoyed it - then again, I used to have time back then.

From then on, as soon as I open the game, I put it to Top Player and I can have a decent match from the start. There will be two or three "getting used to it" matches, but after that I am on my own, in my familiar territory. There has been the odd new movement - the tunnel, last year, though it was sort of "not that useful" - but I miss those things. The closest I got to discovering anything new in PES in these last editions - and I have to thank evo-web for it - was the ability to pass the free kick in any direction I want, using the right stick.

I also haven't had the drive to finish off a master league since PES5, but that I tend to blame on the lack of time. Truth be told, though, that if I had had the time, I don't know if I would have felt the urge to keep going at it like in the old days (I remember buying Kempes in PES2, the greatest crosser EVER in PES history, or always using Kelsen as a goalie since no other goalie would be as good as him), or if I would just keep going because the alternative would be playing exhibition modes...

I like PES. As far as footy games go, this is still my game of choice, the one that makes me feel more satisfied. Games are supposed to be realistic, fun and gratifying. PES gives me what I need and a bit more in all those departments.

Nonetheless, I'm not that convinced that next-gen footy gaming is where it should be, not even remotely. Sadly, I can't even begin to put my finger on where I would want it to be.

It's not more leagues that would make a game next-gen.

Animations? Well, sure, but that should be implicit.

Control method? Maybe... Maybe that 360º movement everybody seems to be demanding would do it - but it would also make the game a totally different game, and would possibly alienate many of the current fan base.

Graphics?... I'm not sure. I mean, Virtua Striker had gorgeous graphics at the time, for those who remember it, but didn't even begin to touch SWOS in terms of gameplay.

The online thingie FIFA is trying to pull out this year, with clans and stuff? Maybe something along those lines, maybe... But then again, that would be so hardcore that it would suffer from the problem of online FPS's. You're either great from the start and have a great time, or you'll be severely sodomized every time you go online, and you won't have any fun whatsoever.

Well, I have a marriage to prepare.

Nonetheless, the bottomline of my post is that, until someone actually figures out where they're supposed to take these games, until anyone even figures out what is a next-gen footy game supposed to be - or if it is supposed to be just the same as last gen, only prettier - I guess we'll all be here next year complaining about the same, and bitching about the same stuff.

Last-gen, current-gen, next-gen... It all boils down to playing a football game with a game pad. Always keep that in mind, when you're talking about realism.

The closest to a next-gen PES we'll have this year, once again, will be the Wii version.

That one did a great job of thinking out of the box and creating a football game like no other had been until then. I thoroughly recommend those who never tried it out to give it a shot (pun intended). It is not without its flaws and limitations, but it plays one hell of a build-up game.

Best regards, and until next time.

Paulo Tavares

What a mess this thread is!?

Will 1 of the mods just close this thread and start banning the people who ruin this forum?

I hardly come here any more coz of the shite thats on here!?

Its very boring!!?

Oh my word you are brilliant. You are like a slightly less intelligent Rob92 (don't take that as a compliment Bob)

From here it is just internet cliché land, we go from MY GIRLFRIEND to internet touch guy, to him going on about his registration date, when I never even mentioned that.

And let’s just finish it with this

WHY WHAT A NICE GLASS HOUSE YOU HAVE

OH NOOOOOOOO

(You, yesterday starting this off)

So yeah, I am this Badgerman fella. If you wanted a sensible discourse then you should have gone for pjft, as you went for me I pretty much stapled your e-pride to your tie before spiking a football in your face

emotmadmaxtw5.gif

God damn I’m awesome.

LOL

I agree with the last sentence in your post, but the rest of it contradicts that last sentence.
I'm not a mod, but if it's really necessary to have this sort of discussion, why don't you guys do it with PM's ??? I've made the same mistakes, but it's not fun for other people to read this kind of pointless "discussions".

Thanks in advance.

I really don't mind, some discussions (this on is a good example) are good reading material imo, at least if one of the people that joines the discussion isn't whining like a braindead retard... It's just what keeps this thread going (mostly with the same people)

Nope.
I have an issue; the speed of the game is a lot faster on my HD TV then on an SD TV...Anyone know how to resolve the issue?

hmm, as far as I'm concerned, PES does have speed/screen issues, even on the PC where the framerate is set the same as the refresh rate(usually when changing resolution). I don't have a HD tv or PES2009 for me 360 so I can't help with that. :(

I always thought that the player's animations have been one of the great things that Konami knows how to do. But WTF happened in this version?

I particularly hate the animations when you tackle players. Notice that when the CPU's player is speeding and you tackle them even from behind, the player falls back on his arse, instead of falling in the same direction he was, considering things like momentum, physics and other stuff that Konami forgot about this time around

Doesnt FIFA have its own fansites where you guys can hangout??

Seriously, wtf..... some of us in here still enjoy pes, even in its current state, and could care less if you prefer fifa, you know?

Someone mentioned animations. Yeah, tbh that's the only thing I really hate about pes 2009... some of the other complaints are REALLY dumb.. keeper gloves? seriously???

Anyways, IMO, most of the other aspects can remain the same for 2010, but they seriously need to work on the animations, to make them natural like in the ps2 era.

Also, the auto dribbles was a really bad idea... if I want to make a simple 90degree turn, I dont wanna see that stupid overexagerated animation everytime! really hate that particular animation... ruins alot of otherwise great plays when I see them on replay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom