Pes 2009 advice

Mamboto

What ?
19 November 2007
Portugal
Sporting CP
When Pes 2008 was launched we saw a lot of users(including me) complaining about the quality of the gamesand the so called FPS issue. With pes 2009 screenshots being released i wondered what will be the system requirements needed for this?

I know that nowadays all the games being released will use for minimum requirements, a dual core processor. So i believe that anybody that is using a Intel dual core or a Amd x2 Cpu's will be able to play the game.

Everyone noticed that pes 2008 required a good graphic card to be played in highest settings, being this the major cause of problems that users where having and that the konami patches didn't correct.

With this being said, i believe that the main upgrade to play pes 2009 will be in the graphics card sector, this will be the X factor to enjoy the new release from Konami.

If you want to upgrade (and i just say this without being a EXPERT) try the ati 3870 or the famous Geforce 8800 GT if you don't want to spend a lot of money, as a mather of fact, i believe that any 256 bit graphic card will do the job.

What do you thing ? :-!
Regards.

Its good. But there are cheap options for graphics card that will do you very well. If you buy ATI Radeon 3850 you will be able to play pes 2008 and 2009 on high detail. Another recomendation would be to buy Nvidia 8600GT 512MB video ram that will run on high quality.
Any 256 will definetly do the job. But one thing you gotto be certain of that not all 256 cards have the FPS performance to run very well. They all vary some good some not that good.
You will definetly be able to run low/medium with almost 95% of the graphics cards.

After all thisi s not Crysis or Call of Duty 4. Its a blooming football (soccer) game where there are not a lot of actions lightings and so on going all at once. Crysis all fire explosions, fast movement. Sure pes and fifa are fast but they do not require horsepower!

i'm playin 2008 with a 5200x2, 1GB ram and a 8600gt, ant the game runs at 1366 x 768 (litle more than 720p), solid 60fps in the wide cam, and 24/40fps in the replays/cutscenes.

if 2009 is optimized like they are saying, i'm think i will have no problems with a system like this.

i'm playin 2008 with a 5200x2, 1GB ram and a 8600gt, ant the game runs at 1366 x 768 (litle more than 720p), solid 60fps in the wide cam, and 24/40fps in the replays/cutscenes.

if 2009 is optimized like they are saying, i'm think i will have no problems with a system like this.

Well if that's what your saying then its good news. Because I just ordered the other day 8600gt and as I heard from many reviewers the card seems to be very good with games like cod4 and crysis.:))

8600GT is a good card. Even with 2600 xt from ati you can play pes 2008 in high settings (with a few problems of course). If it is optimized like you say..it's going to be one hell of a ride!

I think the requirements haven't changed much. If you can run PES2008 in high with yer pc setup now, I don't think there's any need for you to upgrade in order to get good framerates.

Planning to get a laptop(around E150) in europe,which is the a good model?
does anyone know in detal abt Gfx processors on a Laptop's? which will be to run PES2009 on high setting with good fps.

Hp850p should do the job..
You really should pay attention to the graphic card in the laptop you want to buy. Anything below 8400 won't do the job(I suppose), you also don't want any model from ATI with an X , like x2300.. Being a laptop, i would go for the most powerful machine i could find. 2GB or higher of RAM , a Dual core processor or some Athlon x2 with high mhz.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=2451936

Last edited:
Well if that's what your saying then its good news. Because I just ordered the other day 8600gt and as I heard from many reviewers the card seems to be very good with games like cod4 and crysis.:))
says who? that is a poor card you chose. an 8600 is barely faster then a 7850 card

14456.png

it cant even hit 40fps on oblivion, a game thats older then pes08 AND as you can see, running at a res LOWER then 720p

a 8800gt can be had for around £100 and is double the performance of a 8600. bad choice fella

get this
752288-a.jpg
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=752288

Last edited:
So what?:w00t: There is no end to the best. If I get an 8800, you or someone else will say get the GTX 280 graphics card its better and only £350. Well that's easy to say because there's no end to the best. I have been playing on integrated graphics for 2 years now with the ati xpress 200, the 8600 is a decent upgrade from integrated graphics. And there's a huge price difference with the 8800. over 50-100 pounds more.

:oooh: and by the way I am not a perfectionist!

Uh no GoLdEnFiSh, don't do it!! Do NOT buy the GTX 280, because a HD 3870 X2 by Ati is surely better. :LOL:

I have a 8600 GTS and it always ran smooth to me. Not a problem since I bought it (I got it in July 2007 to replace my poor old X800 that got fried) and I've always stressed it.

Surely it's not the best you can get nowadays but it still has something to say, at a reasonable price. I can play Crysis, Bioshock and nearly other recent game at a reasonable detail without suffering that much (consider that I have a "bad" RAM, having only 2x512 MB DDR 400). The only game I found hard to play because of FPS loss has been Race 07..

And if you have the insane idea to switch to SVista (don't do it.. I tried and SVista lasted something like a couple of days on my system before I reverted), guess what, the 8600 GTS has DX10 support.

So what?:w00t: There is no end to the best. If I get an 8800, you or someone else will say get the GTX 280 graphics card its better and only £350. Well that's easy to say because there's no end to the best. I have been playing on integrated graphics for 2 years now with the ati xpress 200, the 8600 is a decent upgrade from integrated graphics. And there's a huge price difference with the 8800. over 50-100 pounds more.

:oooh: and by the way I am not a perfectionist!
I Never said its the best mate. why are you comparing the 280 card to a 8800? 8800GT is what? 50 quid more then a 8600? a 8800 is affordable and is a great bang for buck card to use. it would be silly to buy a 8600 card when for a extra days of work, you can get a much better card. to get a 280 from a 8600, the price is TRIPLE so i fail to see why you would mention the 280 card:LOL:

well its your money mate, feel free to waste it on a 8600 hehe

Last edited:
Hp850p should do the job..
You really should pay attention to the graphic card in the laptop you want to buy. Anything below 8400 won't do the job(I suppose), you also don't want any model from ATI with an X , like x2300.. Being a laptop, i would go for the most powerful machine i could find. 2GB or higher of RAM , a Dual core processor or some Athlon x2 with high mhz.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=2451936

Thankyou for the info mate...its very helpful..

is anyone here from germany cause i want to know whether laptops sold in germany have an English keyboard and come with English software??

Geforce 9600GT 256-bit is the best cheap videocard to Desktop at this moment I think
defo. try telling that to these 8600 fans:DD 9600GT is even cheaper then the 8800GT lol.

rule of thump. you should never buy a gpu before a specific game your going to use it for. always wait till the game comes out first to read reviews and see IF that proposed card CAN run the game because you never know, that beloved 8600 of theirs may not be enough to handle pes09

Goldenfish ..The new 4xxx (above 4650) family from ati seems like a good bang for the buck if anyone want to change graphic cards, but still i would go for the 3870 or the 3850 (if you don't want to spend a lot of money). Of course all the gtx are powerful cards, just see for the price.. The higher you pay, the best you get.(there can be exceptions.)

Does anyone know if PES 2009 is going to be Vista only? I still run XP for all games (play flight sims as well) and have no intention of upgrading. If so that's me out! I would have hoped it would be XP compatible as well.

Does anyone know if PES 2009 is going to be Vista only? I still run XP for all games (play flight sims as well) and have no intention of upgrading. If so that's me out! I would have hoped it would be XP compatible as well.

Of course it'll run on XP.

Just to stop my irrational paranoia. A GeForce GTX 280 will be fine with PES 2009, right? And hasn't got some sort of massive huge in-compatibility which is the thing of nightmares?

i don't understand just stuff but is a Nvidia Geforce 8200 Graphics Card ok cause i mainly am going play pes 2009, if there is other graphics card less powerful then this that i could use pls let me know.

i don't understand just stuff but is a Nvidia Geforce 8200 Graphics Card ok cause i mainly am going play pes 2009, if there is other graphics card less powerful then this that i could use pls let me know.
teh 8200 is a piss poor graphics card. just spend some money and get a 9600gt, a 8800gt or even a ATI 4850!!

I'm running PES 09 with a 7300GS. While it's running PES ok, it ran COD 4 ok too. But I'm planning an upgrade to 9600GT 512MB because of GTA that's out soon.

Back
Top Bottom