PES 2008 (Xbox 360) - Official Topic

Dutch gamingsite Insidegamer have played both the PS2 and the Xbox 360 betas. Their conclusion of the Xbox 360 game: some gameplay improvements, graphics are better, but still less options than the PS2 version
Really? :(

I doubt that. Why once again will the 360 version have less options? if so Konami are seriously taking the piss.

And why would Konami be taking the piss? GTA4 on the 360 will have more features/options than the PS3 version. Why? Because money talks my friend. It's all down to business.

Does anyone know if transfering option files from the internet to the hdd (with XSATA) will be possible or not ?

And why would Konami be taking the piss? GTA4 on the 360 will have more features/options than the PS3 version. Why? Because money talks my friend. It's all down to business.
The GTA IV thing is a bad example. MS have bought exclusive episodic content so of course it will have more. Konami release a half baked PES last year and expected us to pay full price for it and it was minus lots of stuff. If they cheat us 360 players out of it all the features the PS3 version has I dont think ill bother buying PES. Im hoping other 360 players will do likewise.

I doubt that. Why once again will the 360 version have less options? if so Konami are seriously taking the piss.

You might think that but Konami have few 360 owners to sell to in Japan, a lot in the UK, not so many in mainland Europe, and USA is not so big a factor (for "Soccer"). The Sony consoles, with a massive base in Japan (mostly PS2's obviously)- and close ties between Konami and Sony - were always going to get more features, even if the graphics were similar.

The 360 version should be a big improvement over last year's crap though!

I still think this is BS, there are plenty of 360 owners out there, why give them less and make them not buy it? doesnt make sense at all. I hate all this pro PS3 and we hate Xbox bullshit.

If anything they should be making the 360 version better, after all there are more 360's out then ps3's which is why quite a few ps3 exclusives have gone multi platform. Just because they need to, to earn any money on the game.

We'll have to wait and see though, the only element i can see which would come into it is the standard hdd for the ps3 and the non standard hdd for the 360. If nokami are smart they solve that by making it possible to just save as many edit files as is possible on the memory units availeble space, instead of making a fixed amount of slots, which would be stupid.

Bluemonk, it was posted in one of the other threads on this forum, I have to agree with you that pes on the 360 was a poor effort however the blame I believe lies soley with M$ as they advised Konami to release a game which was half baked. With Pes08 on the horizon, i'm sure I'll still purchase it but if it plays better on the Ps3 then I don't really wanna be shelling out the readies on a new console just because of one game.

time will tell

It will be the same for every console, PES has been the same on every console since its gone multi platform. Besides more people own xbox 360's than PS3's so making the game inferior on the console wouldn't be good business.

Believe what you want guys.

There is no point in fan-boyism, whatsoever.

I'm sure the 360 version will be full and graphically will be very very close to the others. But don't throw your toys out the pram if there are one or two extras on the PS3, it's a fact of life that Sony are closer to Konami.

You don't want to believe that and don't believe for one second that Konami thinks they owe you anything extra, Microsoft basically paid them off to make that shite version last year, and then pissed them off by trying to mascerade it as a "One year exclusive license".

One version of PES 2008 is a port, the other isn't. Guess which one is which?

Believe what you want guys.

There is no point in fan-boyism, whatsoever.

I'm sure the 360 version will be full and graphically will be very very close to the others. But don't throw your toys out the pram if there are one or two extras on the PS3, it's a fact of life that Sony are closer to Konami.

You don't want to believe that and don't believe for one second that Konami thinks they owe you anything extra, Microsoft basically paid them off to make that shite version last year, and then pissed them off by trying to mascerade it as a "One year exclusive license".

One version of PES 2008 is a port, the other isn't. Guess which one is which?

OMG, its a fact of life that sony are closer to konami... try its a fact of life that money is closer to konami. Money decides all those bollocks you're talking. Look at all the exclusives sony lost to the 360 man.
Fact is that not 1 single game that has come out for the ps3 and 360 is better on the ps3 graphically or whatever, and pes will not be diferent. Can you tell me 1 single reason why it should?

Huge round of applause for this guy, he knows what he is talking about. I have tried saying this a few times but people always say the PS3 is better....

If you had to pick a console for Konami to prioritise, the PS3 tends to have more brand recognition (if not yet a bigger market share) than the X360 in key markets for Pro Evo, namely Japan and Western Europe.

That said, there's no reason to believe either version will differ.

Even if its a port I seriously doubt there will be any noticable difference between the 2.

The content will be the same whle the ps3 will have a better control for the game.

That's the only difference IMO

Butters11 yes if you use D-Pad control it will be better on PS3 Granted. But other than that the games will be identical. I dont think Porting from one machine to another is that difficult these days. Other wise they wouldnt do it and would have to have 2 seperate teams to work on each version of the game.

Butters11 yes if you use D-Pad control it will be better on PS3 Granted. But other than that the games will be identical. I dont think Porting from one machine to another is that difficult these days. Other wise they wouldnt do it and would have to have 2 seperate teams to work on each version of the game.

your clearly wrong.porting is a nightmare for developers. compare residente vil 4 on the gamecube then the one on the pc and you get a poor mans job.

why do you think it takes soo long to release RE4 on the ps2? because they had to make it from scratch

I think you guys should start looking on the bright side...

Edit Mode
Improved Graphics
More National club Liscences
Replay Saves

...These are all much needed improvements to the last pro evo and i think altho we all agree that pes6 was a pile if crap - all of us played it online and got some enjoyment out of it.

If pes 2008 delivers all the promised additions - i for one will be happy. (also, an edit mode means i will be kept busy lol)

OMG, its a fact of life that sony are closer to konami... try its a fact of life that money is closer to konami. Money decides all those bollocks you're talking. Look at all the exclusives sony lost to the 360 man.
Fact is that not 1 single game that has come out for the ps3 and 360 is better on the ps3 graphically or whatever, and pes will not be diferent. Can you tell me 1 single reason why it should?

yeah i have both consoles there aint much in it, although the ps3 has better graphics in spiderman 3 and fight night (although fight night is probably due to EA having a lot more time to code it).

Cant tell much of a difference in the tom clancy games.

Its all speculation until the game comes out. Konami are lazy bastards though so I'm not holding out much hope.

Maybe some people on here are fanboys but if Konami recieves more money from a specific company then they have no choice but to make it a better version. Rumors or not, if that actually happened then it's not Konami to blame. Why blame Konami for the half arsed PES6 on 360 when Microsoft clearly wanted a game no matter what? Blame microsoft or Sony for it.

theyve released sum new ML pics of PES 2008 they look well gd with the players giving interviews, they r 4 the 360 version 2

Last edited:
by no means, once the ps3 gets some killer apps, who knows but if I had to lose one of them right now, Id lose the ps3. That might change, I hope it does! wouldnt really be that interesting if there was nothing to drive MS to do better!! :)

thanks mate, i try to get the best i can....and i'm just hoping i don't get screwed when pes2008 gets released on the 360....perhaps i'm just taking alot of people on here to seriously when they talk about ps3 v 360

at mendoza.... I dont care what you say the 360 version WILL be the same.... :)

Back
Top Bottom