PES 2008 (Xbox 360) - Official Topic

Hey you started it ;)

I never said analogue was crap for football games, I was just saying it felt crap in ISS 98 on N64 compared to ISS Pro 98 on PS which had 8 way.

Looks shit. Dpad movement again? Fuck you Konami. My boycott will continue. Try introducing some analog gameplay, and we'll see about me buying a PES game again.

A bit strong Slobber but i for one understand and agree with your frustration.

PES6 was so poor on the 360 it made my eyes water:( Those screens are OK but still not next gen and after last years marketing silence and eventual release of half a game at full price, they have some serious catching up to do.

The power is there for all developers, its the dev team that make a great game and I am not convinced that Konami have got to grips with it looking at those screens.

I played FIFA for 07 and loved it but it still does not match the overall gameplay of PES, however i feel that this term FIFA is looking very threatening and to be honest if Konami do not get it right this term then they will lose even more of the fan base.

Analogue controls, full editing facilities,far superior graphics and animation than PES6, more stadiums, better atmosphere, better shooting,commentators,improved pitches the list goes on and I do not think they have the next gen mentality to get all those sorted.

If its not drastically improved with most if not all the above then I know where my money is this year Konami.:shock:

ISS2000 as in Internation Superstar Soccer, then they later released International Superstar Sccer 2 and 3, is number one the 2000 edition correct?

If so, lool creased up here, 16 way movement in that was good :S I still have it, I like it notfor that tho, doesnt make A DIFFERENCE tbh, just gets u to the angle u wanna go slower :S

Best thing in that, is u can use the right analog stick to control another player to get them to run where you want, and the shooting and curl, and finally the fact you could fully control the keepers!

doesnt make A DIFFERENCE tbh, just gets u to the angle u wanna go slower :S

Problem is, dpad movement doesn't get you to the angle you want at all a lot of the time. There are loads of times I only want to make small movements yet can't because of the restrictive dpad. Dribbling through 2 players with the dpad is a nightmarish ordeal at the moment.

I don't know how you can claim it only gets you to the angle you want slower either. You would just turn instantly at the direction the stick is pointed at just like you would with the dpad, except in any direction you want.

Like I said the whole 8 way vs analogue thing's been done to death, so moving on...

Xbox Live, I thought this was pretty limited in PES 06, wasn't so much the lag, just the lack of features compared to FIFA 07. With PES it's like you sign-in, set up a game, wait for a challenger, play a game, move on...

with FIFA it's like you're in a central network, the FIFA home, I really liked the club challenge and the Talk Sport updates, looking forwards to more of that, maybe even goal highlights in video.

LOL Slobber mate, to be real fair, you musnt be too good at the game then, I can easily dribble between two players, three players, somtimes 2 doubles in a row, its simple, turn when needed.

16 directions is just pointless, the degrees would be a difference of 22.5 degrees, hardly noticeable, and in real football its similar directions to pes now, lol they could run vertical but 10 degrees to the left or right, but wudnt make much a difference, not really need, guess it would be alright, but then that would cancel out d pad players from the game, or summing, and im a dpad player I wudnt like it personally lol, guess thats why im moaning :( lol!

I have a 360 and PS3 and a PS2 ill be getting those three so dont really care, us dpad for all tho!

Graphics I actually like em, they look realistic, not over done and not too simple, peeps who think its cartoony, surely havent watched a cartoon, probs due to old age sorry guys guess thats most of you lol :( well anyway, cartoony would be really colourful, which I thought PES6 360 was, this looks more duller and lifelike, its early build, I have faith, atleast one of them will be awesome, like PES6 I loved the PS2 version above all other footy games, Fifa07 on 360, may graphically be better, but played sooo much better, edit better, and it was better than the 360 version, hopefully its all good, just have to see it in motion, I reckon it will look absolute class tho, well i hope haha

Last edited:
ok so now we know that there's gonna be an edit mode, hence there will be option files knocking around.

when i applied an option file to PES5 on my xbox i used a max drive thingy, what the equivelant for the 360? is there some sort of transfer device released yet?

I have done some research on this.

It seems very unlikely that we will have the 'tools' we have used in the past because of the games being so well encrypted.

Unless the likes of 'X-Port' come up with some device to read the discs we will have to hope that the in game editors will meet our expectations.

The 'Xsata' device is good but you still can't alter the file content that it sees.

Here's hoping!!!

I'm with slobber on the analogue vs. d-pad movement discussion.
It doesn't look very lifelike with Players turning in 45° and 90°.
Long passing is also a lot better with analogue.

the dpad is the best way 2 play it the analogue is shit it makes crap players look ok i need 2 hav my playstation dpad bk it gives u the best control NO COMP

I always actually wanted the goal keeper controls to be better tbh, if anyone has played Internation Superstar Soccer, you should know you can change keeper to manual, so you can change into the keeper yourself, and make the saves, also be even better for fix player as the keeper much more fun and, more like simulation, as the keeper is a player that should be looked at being controllable too in that aspect, as now when you are fix keeper, you jut position him, and then dont really have to press a button to dive or what not. Maybe make it different buttons different dives maybe, fake dives etc, be good for pk's too.

I hope the editor is reallly good too, well normally is, but you know, for the next gen pes, cause 360 one didnt have one lol :( Ouch!

I have done some research on this.

It seems very unlikely that we will have the 'tools' we have used in the past because of the games being so well encrypted.

Unless the likes of 'X-Port' come up with some device to read the discs we will have to hope that the in game editors will meet our expectations.

The 'Xsata' device is good but you still can't alter the file content that it sees.

Here's hoping!!!

cheers for the reply pal, i'm still a little confused though,

are you saying that the xsata thing doesn't do the same job as what the max drive did on the original xbox? when i uploaded the option file via max drive i was amazed to see that even the licensed kits had been updated for the new season

i didn't think this was possible via the normal edit option but someone obviously found a way.

will this not be possible with the xsata thing?

i know all this is currently hypothetical cos the game isn't out yet but i'm just trying to get my head around what i'll need

cheers for any help

Long passing is also a lot better with analogue.
I think that is key ,long balls is a nightmare right now because you cannot get the right direction for the flight of the ball.Konami needs to be make long balls a lot more stronger than in PES6,you can hardly clear the ball with the goalkeeper or make huge passes like Beckham and Gerrard often do.
That's why 360 direction is key ,so i'd leave the D-Pad for tactics and the rest of buttons for tricks or whatever

Last edited:
Anyone seen this?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e32007/remotecontrol.htm

I'm sending them a message. The more we send them messages asking them to get information from Konami on the next Pro Evolution Soccer game, the likelier they will, you would think.

Here's what I wrote:

Can you get as much news as you can about Konami's next Pro Evolution game? They have a habit of being tight-lipped. They don't reveal much at all until near its release date. Everyone agrees that last years PES was poor. It lacked effort.

Thanks.

Not very professional. I don't care.

I just read this thread and I although I am a dpad user with this game on the PS2 I thought I read that PES this year will finally be analog movement control and force people to finally use the analog sticks for best control and play.

171245866020070629023107.jpg

^ I reckon it will look the same on 360 so I spose no harm in having them PS3 shots here :) allthough PS3 fanboys are saying the 360 grass isnt green enough and doesnt contain enough detail..

the ball physics in iss64 were the best in any footy game on any console....

you could put backspin on long 'beckham-esque' balls, you could also curl shots and crosses using after touch.

why o why have konami stopped this. its completely unrealistic

thats the way it is, for every good thing added something seriously good gets dropped....

There should be some way to change the way your player makes contact with the ball though. I agree aftertouch is SOOOOOO arcade gameplay!

After-touch is bad, but curving the ball isn't. I say if you hold down a direction on the right-analog before your player hits the ball (as there's a gap where he pulls his leg back to take the shot), then that should alter where the player's foot makes contact with the ball. Because it's using an analog stick rather than a left/right button, you could even hit the top-side or under-side of the ball to hit a daisy-cutter or add some dip.

Do you guys know if PES2008 will look better in PS3?

In my opinion it will be the same as XBOX360...

The PSM3 screenshots pretty much confirm it will be exactly the same game.

Yeah hopefully that will shut up the ps3 fanboy's with thier "it's going to be 3 times better on the PS3" Dam am i sick of that comment already!!

dont know what these ps3 fan boys are on about three times better take a look at the story on xbox-scene regarding EAs up and comming titles all of which are double the framerate om the 360. 360 running at a smooth 60fps the ps3 running at 30 fps. Oh well time will tell I guess

Back
Top Bottom