PES 2008 smooth on NTSC PS3

cmw112uk

Non-League
2 September 2003
Just wanna know if anyone else has had the chance to play PES2008 on a NTSC PS3?

I own a 40G Pal PS3 and have experienced the same problem with the frame rate as ev3body else but when I played a mates 60G PS3 which was bought in Hong Kong, the game played perfectly smooth!!!

Has anyone else noticed this??? If so, is this down to the larger Gig size or down to the fact that its NTSC version?

Cheers for any answers!

i own an american ps3 and the game runs excellent, i only have slowdown on some replays, but during the game everything is great.

I just got my PES 2008 on Friday. I have an SDTV in Canada, running the game on a North American Ps3, and I have no slowdown at all. Not even on replays. I have the 2.0 firmware update.

So no problems here. Which makes me happy.

I have a 60 GB NTSC and I have no problems with slowdown during gameplay, but replays and cut scenes are still pretty bad.

I have a 60gb PS3, and I don't see any slowdown when playing offline, not even in replays.

But sometimes my machine hangs when trying to start a match. It just hangs at the loading screen showing the line up. Anyone have similar problem or ways to fix it?

i have a US NTSC PS3 60GB and PES2008 with firmware 2.00 and i still notice slowdown in the game as well as bad slowdown on replays.

i play on WIDE camera however. what camera are you guys using?

faat: yes i've had it hang once or twice.. it's a bug.

I just got my PES 2008 on Friday. I have an SDTV in Canada, running the game on a North American Ps3, and I have no slowdown at all. Not even on replays. I have the 2.0 firmware update.

So no problems here. Which makes me happy.

hey the tv's in canada are they ntsc
i want to know if you can play pes 2008 with a SDTV from america
or do you have a pal tv there

it has nothing to do with your PS3. i own a 40gb version myself and a friend of mine owns a 60gb ps3. both have slowdowns in replays and penalty kicks (slow-motion even). it also depends on what stadium you choose to play in. some give more perfomance issues then others. Konami will be releasing a patch in the near future to fix performance issues.

I've heard elsewhere the NTSC PS3s cope better with PES3, and that it's due to them having the PS2 emotion chip. Which would imply the game is somehow using PS2 technology... which is rubbish.

Seabass did say PES2009 would be the first from scratch Next Gen title...

I've heard elsewhere the NTSC PS3s cope better with PES3, and that it's due to them having the PS2 emotion chip. Which would imply the game is somehow using PS2 technology... which is rubbish.

Seabass did say PES2009 would be the first from scratch Next Gen title...

are you serious? no ps3 game uses the emotion chip. i don't know where you got that information, but it's shockingly wrong. jeez.

hey the tv's in canada are they ntsc
i want to know if you can play pes 2008 with a SDTV from america
or do you have a pal tv there

i have ran it on 480p on my U.S. PS3, only because i routed it thru my dvd recorder; so i could record some matches.

my dvd recorder only has standard inputs for A/V, hence only 480p would show thru.

and guess what, less slowdown. it looks crappy...but i'm getting used to the drop in the picture quality :(

I've tried fiddling with loads of settings.....

Finally got it to run pretty well with minimum slowdown. I have a 40g UK machine.

1) Download 2.0 firmware.
2) Don't install on hard drive.
3) I don't have stadium effects on.
4) I play winter/fine/lattice...Not sure how much difference this makes.

Used to be worse, but firmware change followed by deleting the install helped a lot.

When is the proper patch coming out?

I have a 60gb PS3, and I don't see any slowdown when playing offline, not even in replays.

But sometimes my machine hangs when trying to start a match. It just hangs at the loading screen showing the line up. Anyone have similar problem or ways to fix it?

yep from what i have the bug is it hangs when downloading from ps store in the background !

happened to me then made sure wasnt d.l anything and fixed it

just got the game yesterday, plays smooth on my jap ps3, havent experienced any sort of stuttering maybe except in replays.

I am planning on purchasing the 40Gb PS3 here in the states. I haven't played Winning Eleven/PES for a year now. So, obviously, being lured into the next gen era, I would really like to enjoy the series again since my enjoyment for the game kinda died off after WE9.
Are you USA gamers having to import the european PES2008 or was there a release in the states yet? I haven't seen anything about a US release. If this is the case, what is the most reliable site to purchase european games and will I be able to play a PAL PS3 game on my soon to be, NTSC PS3?

Hi,

Jus to let u guys know, I went to "GAME" yesterday and bought a HDMI wire for £12.99, got home and connected it all up and jus accepted all of the setting that were automatically detected by my 40G Pal PS3.

To my suprise the game runs perfectly, still slight slow-down during the replays but game play is smooth.

Back
Top Bottom