PES 2008 for PS2 [official topic]

justjer

Conference
21 March 2005
We have the new Winning Eleven
PES 2008 on the next gen systems like 360 and ps3.

But what about the 100 million ps2 the owners.
They will definetly wanna buy the next PES for their console.

This topic is about the upcoming PES for the ps2.
So don't talk about WE or PES2008 version for the ps3, because it's not the same. Some cool features of the ps3 version can not be implated in the ps2 version.

Release date: TBA (2nd October 2008 UK)
Screenshots : TBA
Frontover : C. Ronaldo (Man UTD)

Rumours :
Widescreen option : ?
Progressive scan : ?
Online mode : ps2 vs pc? / ps2 vs ps3? /
Updatable option file : ?

I cannot believe i am replying to a thread that is over 10 years old.

I have just dug this out the cupboard and have been enjoying it a lot. Different build up play from the CPU and different shots going well high and well wide, scuffed shots too and keeper tipping them onto the post. There was one moment that the CPU went round about 3 defenders and but when he twisted and shot it went into row z. It was that bad there was no replay :P

I was just wondering if anyone actually played the PS2 version of PES2008?

For me (at the moment at least) I am finding it better than PES5 and 6.

Yep I had it for a bit. Found the AI wasn't attacking enough and also noticed some terrible errors that were clearly down to shoddy programming. I went back to PES 6 after a couple of weeks.

Yep I had it for a bit. Found the AI wasn't attacking enough and also noticed some terrible errors that were clearly down to shoddy programming. I went back to PES 6 after a couple of weeks.

I know we had this conversation a couple of years ago and I stopped playing it for whatever reason. But I've started again and find the shooting from the AI refreshing, not every shot is a power blaster. I am starting a World Cup and will edit the International teams as I go along. I may even try to record some highlights to upload.

Seen some excellent goal mouth scrambles. My keeper making double saves when it looked a certain goal. The randomness is what I like. Even my AI controlled defender made a sliding tackle without me controlling him and he hacked the guy down. To me it adds a bit of realism. Moments when one of my players controls the ball and is able to turn between two players and I don't even know how he done it but I know it's his stats that enabled him to wriggle free.

With regards to the AI attacks, I find it relentless in ML. Was on Professional but will drop to Regular.

Loving it at the moment, because it is so simple. Yep only 8 teams in second division in ML but so what. An improved PES5 for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom