PES 2008 Demo Impressions

can someone tell me how to dive and pull shirts please?

ive had the tiniest of goes tonight and im so happy that its better than pes6 on the 360

the graphics are good, still not convinced about the running animations but def better than last year!

anyone notice the fatigue of the players towards the end of the game? that needs to be fixed!!!!

at last finally got it, just played my first game brazil v france, lost one-nil

definately an improvement over pes6 although i didn't mind it to be honest

anyway my first impressions, it's too fast...i'm sure this will be fixed in the retail version

hopefully they'll get rid of the stupid konami adboards, god i hate those they look shit

gameplay is good, but like i said iv'e only played one game chaps...will have to play a few more

very, VERY underwhelming this game, compared to FIFA. When i first picked up FIFA it felt new. This feels like last years with a bit of polish to be truthful. Also the ball feels like its stuck to the ground. That may change when i can finally change the camera angle i absoloutely ABHORE that wide camera its shite.

Dunno, was just expecting much, much better the way people have raved about it.

Fucking waste of bandwidth. Horrible, horrible gameplay. Feels like it could have been done on the PS freaking 1. Yes, PS 1, not 2. graphics are almost like The Simpsons. The only good thing about them are the player faces.

I deleted the demo after 1 game, and will go back to playing Fifa 08.

I'm pretty shocked on how bad the demo 1st impressions are over here....
I'm still waiting for the PC demo but I doubt the impressions will be that disappointing...

I have loved PES over the last few years, but this is just not any fun. It's too fast, the gameplay feels nothing like real football. I'm so disappointed...I was really hoping for a great game, but the first impression is not good. Feels worse than last year...I'm gutted.
The strange thing is that this is the first time in many years that I actually enjoy playing Fifa. I've been playing the demo alot recently and I'm still not tired of it. I was hoping I would feel the same about PES2008...

What i dont understand is, how come they cant get the feel of a player moving on the pitch? This is next gen for goodness sake, it still feels like the player can only run in certain directions.

When i had ISS on N64 then Pro evo on PS2 i imagined the next gen being shit off a shovel, but it just looks pants and it plays pants. I expect much more from Konami, much more.

What happened to this amazing AI? In four games there have been six stupid defensive mistakes leaving me one on one with their keeper and this is on top player!

won my 1st game 2-0 2nd won 1-0 3rd game won 3-0

the game is easy compared to fifa but is soooo much fun im loving it :) and cant wait to buy the full game

although

SIMULATION > FIFA 08

Don't understand folk who reckon Fifa is prettier. I just don't see that at all. And this plays better too. But why don't we get to zoom the camera out to Long anymore?

Guys, you are not sound optimistic at all... Now I'm starting to think am I going to waste my download limit on downloading a PC demo... (I'm sure that it's going to be more than 1 GB, and my limit is 7GB upload + download... yeah that's true, 7GB's for 17€)

Maybe you were just expecting a LOT... and now got dissapointed... dunno, wait to get my own hands on it, so I can judge.

LMAO! wow.....:S so you all think it sucks this year ? hopefully fifa will be next gen for pc next year i still havnt played the next gen version so ile have to wait if fifa bother to do that or buy a 360 or ps3

I am very disappointed with the demo. If the final version resembles this demo, I will not be buying it for the first time ever.

Negatives
-Robotic movements of players
-Some bad collision detection..ball doesn't even touch the players feet when they strike it
-Funny scripted bounces in favor of the CPU when they are loosing
-Running animations not good
-The sound effect of the ball/post/etc..is just so annoying and arcadish.
-Ball a little too heavy for my liking
-Shooting doesn't feel quiet right. I guess it's the sound of the ball when you strike it that makes it feel very comical and unrealistic. Also, the shooting animations are the same old ones from PES6.
-Graphics are sooooooo cartoonish and poor. After spending so many hrs on Fifa's demo graphics, I was stunned and completely underwhelmed at the difference in quality.

Positives
-Gameplay is still the same
-Some celebrations are great. No cutscenes. The players immediately go into celebration mode.
-Headers feel a lot better and stronger.
-Long balls have that precision and power that is superior to Fifa's demo.
-Players and Dribbling is more tight and responsive.

The game will probably be good for online. However, been there done that. Nothing out of this world of a difference to blow me away and warrant my money. I will definately wait for the reviews on the final version.

Maybe I have been spoiled by Fifa's demo, or have played too much that it's cast a shadow of darkness over me to the point of deluding my mind. Who knows...All I know is that in my view, based on this demo, I feel like I'm being ripped off.

I sincerely hope that my desire and disposition is swayed by a superior final version.

Peace!
;-)

Last edited:
If the game played about 30% slower....I'd love it. As it is however....It kind of makes me want to shove 10p coins into the side of my plasma.

whoever thinks this is better than the fifa demo is smoking some international class crack whilst wearing some super nintendo iss sun glasses. Let me pass on a ticket to your planet please.

Back
Top Bottom