PC PES 2001 Demo Installation Error Code 1152

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeNine

League 2
31 December 2004
Yeah, we got a nasty one in our hands now.

I had a Win 7 32bit yesterday which had absolutely no problems with installing the demo. However, today, now I got 6GB RAMs, I had to upgrade to Win 7 64bit to save myself from 3GB limitation of 32bits.

Yet, the problem, a very very persistent one that has bugged many users till now appears:

"1152 Temporary location bla bla msi extraction error"

The advices so far are:

• Having huge amouns of spaces where the file or the temp location is
  • Changing the temp location from e.g. C to D etc.
  • Re-downloading the installer

All of which were to no avail. I tried them all.

Anybody who has an idea ? I'm about to go nuts after all the hassle I've been through since yesterday and all I want is some PES experience, not more agony.

Technical specs, just in case:

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Rev.1.0
Intel Core i7 920 @2.60 GHz
GSkill Ripjaws 6 GB (3x2GB) DDR3 Triple Kit 1600 MHz
Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 5870
OCZ Stealth-x-treme 700W PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thanks in advance.

Oh wait. There's no option to run as admin for msi files. Hmm do you have a temp variable set properly in your system?

I tried running as administrator.

Also I tried changing temp variable to various locations.

They didn't help.

You might have done this, but I'm not too sure. Do you have write permission on your temp folder? Usually 1152 errors are because there is no space, or you can't write to the folder. Try clearing the temp files, and check that it's not read-only.

It was read-only. I removed the check, emptied whole folder, re-started the installer and there the problem still is.

Hello,

FYI, if the problem is persistent despite the procedures advised, YOU have a faulty OS -hardware-related or not-. You should take a look at your OS and re-download the demo after you're "clean".

I'm going to play some PES 2011 demo now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom