PES 13 Master League Thread

Ah okay cheers for that, it's a shame that these teams can't be edited but never mind.

As for my Serie B, no I didn't edit any players, they are just the regular Div 2 team players. I only did a quick job on team names and kits mainly as I'm starting in Serie A and didn't want any promoted team having strange fake names etc.

I just ground out a creditable 0-0 draw away to Napoli, it was fantastic. I've never been under so much pressure, especially in the opening half an hour of the game. Couldn't get out of my own half.

Anyways it was pretty hilarious. Both teams missed the most glaring chances. I managed to miss a breakaway chance from four yards out with a totally open goal, for some bizarre reason I pressed LT (L1) just as I went to tap it into the empty net and instead he did a chip, and lofted an open goal onto the crossbar :CONFUSE:

That said, the COM incredibly missed a 1v1 against my keeper, then just had to roll the rebound into the empty net, but he slid for no reason and missed the ball entirely. Then, the COM failed to score late on with an incredible goalmouth scramble. A shot deflected off my defender, my keeper did a bizarre karate kick to clear the ball, it came off an attacker, hit the post, came out again to an attacker with an open goal, and two defenders threw themselves at the ball to block it on the line. Somehow it stayed 0-0.

I'm only playing this sparingly, just one or two games whenever I play, and it's keeping it fresh and each game so far has been pretty memorable. Such a turnaround in how the game plays with these settings.

That was quite funny. I'm playing it more lately and have seen some mad goalmouth action as well. That jump on the ground slide and miss thing happens a lot. I pressed cross instead of shoot in a panic in front of an open goal a few times, probably the shock of being through on goal against Ac Milan or Juve. Also had a 5-5 draw with Athletico Madrid in the Europa and that was with about ten sitters missed by each side.

One of the strangest animations I've seen was in my previous Master League, I went to square ball to a guy in midfield and he sped up like fast forward on a dvd and jumped over the ball and landed yards away.

I was giving up on the game until I read your posts, can't stop playing it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Headers require you to press the shoot button as the ball is at your head - most times we press the button too early, as to not let the ball go past our head. It's a lot to do with timing. That will keep the ball lower than the loopy headers that tend to happen. Using supercancel to move back a step is good too as you can then step towards the ball and generate a flatter more powerful header.

First bit of scripting last night ive seen so far this season.
Playing Spurs in CL semi and Ive hammered their goal from the first minute until the 39th and seen their keeper pull off save after save plus I hit woodwork and about 5 times.
In their first attack - long ball over the top and you guessed it - 0-1 down. OK, I can take that as that happens in football.
Straight from KO I go up the other end and pick up where I left off and they break again and.....0-2 down. Annoying. Straight from KO again I go and lay seige to their goal. Long ball from them and 0-3 down after 44 mins. 3 goals in 5 mins. Joke.

2nd half again they cant get out their half - long ball - 0-4 down.

Turn it off. Sulk. Go to bed.

So, playing on professional with PSG (yeah yeah, wanted a moneybag campaign so I ditched my dutch side on superstar for now) I haven't really seen much of the scripting going on in cup games.

That is, until last night.

We played AC Milan in the Super Cup thing at the start of the season. The game ended 7-6 in my favour after 90 minutes. 7-6.

Thinking that my team started clicking and that this surely wasn't an accident, I played the first game in the league immediatly afterwards. Won 1-0 against Nancy I believe, having outshot them ~25-4 or something.

So yeah, I kind of believe in the issues with scripted cup games now.

So - got through the CL final only to lose to Real Madrid 1-2.
Lost the league on the last day with a 1-4 defeat.

Still Runners up in both comps in my first season is good start.

Sold one or two players and have bought Reina for £24m.

At long last a win! :)

Nearly halfway through my first season (I'm only playing occasionally) and I've been stuck in the relegation zone all season with just one win. Things picked up however when I copied the default Spain formation and tactics, modified it slightly to be more compact, and I started drawing games rather than losing.

Next, I finally gained my second win of the season by shocking fourth placed AC Milan 3-1 at home. I'm finally out of the relegation zone for the first time and up to 16th, 1pt ahead of the drop zone though.

With the January window beckoning, and around £20m in the bank, things are looking up for my Fiorentina team. There are some tasty players also on my shortlist who are prepared to move if asked, too.

Last edited:
Had a hard fought victory at Parma, 2-3. :)

Fantastic match, my best player, Candreva, was suspended, so it was never going to be easy. I went down 1-0 after a crazy volley from Biabiany. Biabiany was unstoppable, so fast. Then I got a goal back, who else but Reginaldo Sforzini, Serie A and European top scorer, already has 18 in 8 matches. (He scored four against Palermo at home) Then Amauri got a headed goal just before half-time, poor marking from Del Fabro. I went into half-time on the losing end, and looking at the other results, number two Milan was leading against number 3 Lazio. If they won they would've overtaken me at that time. Second half started and my other striker, Longo, got injured. I brought on Trotta, and he what do you know, he scored an absolutely stunning goal from 32 meters. It was a very open match from there on, they had some good chances but Leali had a great match. The match seemed to end in draw, ending my 100% record, but no, Sforzini saved me again. 89th minute, corner taken by Raimondi. Sforzini made a good run and headed it past Pavarini.

One of the best PES matches I've ever played.

Now I've got all the top clubs coming up, Napoli, Milan, Inter and Juventus, in that order...

After staying away from the game for a few months, but still enjoying your comments, i have started up a new ML--professional, 10 minutes, fully unassisted except cursor switching (fully assisted), sliding on hard, no auto clearances, defensive preference, offside trap off, both centrebacks up on setpieces, development off, as west bromwich albion with the mere goal of staying out of relegation. Cup matches are simulated as the cpu is bonkers.

Thus far a 2-0 victory to stoke, coming back to tie arsenal 2-2 at the emirates, a home loss to swansea 0-1, a 1-1 draw at the etihad, followed by two home losses to spurs and qpr (0-1 and 0-3). So 5 points from 21.

I play a 442 staightup with the side midfielders slightly pinched and behind the line and two dmf also behind the line. Very, very defensive.

To my surprise, the game is fun again.

So sold Baptista to a Brazilian club for £12m.
A shite defender £11m.
Van de Vaart for £30m to real - I paid just £7m for him.
So went out and bought Reina for £25m, Kroos for £36m, Liliis Fabiano £19m, Oxade chamberlain on loan for £5m and a right back on loan for £2m.
seasons about to begin......

Oh wow, with development off, game on -1 speed and using the default Spain formation and tactics, the game has been transformed, it really has. Thanks to the formation and tactics, every game is tight, compressed, there is little room on the ball so can rarely use sprint. The game like this is great fun.

My good form has continued, a 3-0 win away at Torino now means I'm up to 15th in the table and I just need a draw to progress to the Europa League knock out stages.

Now, I'm not sure what to do here. I have around £20m to spend thanks to some player sales, and I need a good forward to spearhead my attack. With the development set to off, players all stay as they are and so I presume don't retire etc, which leaves me with a dilemma. Do I sign Bojan, or go with old head Drogba? Vastly different players. I just need one to link up with Jovetic.

Oh wow, with development off, game on -1 speed and using the default Spain formation and tactics, the game has been transformed, it really has. Thanks to the formation and tactics, every game is tight, compressed, there is little room on the ball so can rarely use sprint. The game like this is great fun.

My good form has continued, a 3-0 win away at Torino now means I'm up to 15th in the table and I just need a draw to progress to the Europa League knock out stages.

Now, I'm not sure what to do here. I have around £20m to spend thanks to some player sales, and I need a good forward to spearhead my attack. With the development set to off, players all stay as they are and so I presume don't retire etc, which leaves me with a dilemma. Do I sign Bojan, or go with old head Drogba? Vastly different players. I just need one to link up with Jovetic.

I've acclimatised to -1 and it's much better, also started to use the Christmas tree formation to great effect, hammered Inter Milan 4-1 and started to move up the table playing as Napoli.

I actually bought Henry on a free transfer and he's playing great. Starting to get a bit addicted to it now.

Oh dear, I played an extended run of games earlier today and for some reason it was fucking awful. I'm probably not going to bother now. It seems like no matter what you do to make the COM play decent football against you, either turning off crazy player development, reducing the game speed, changing tactics and formation, the COM just alters its own formation and playing style to force the game into playing the way it wants. And that's fast, breakaway football. Thanks 'Teamvision', you've ruined the game. I don't see why I should have to keep altering my formation every other game to try and counter it.

The game was brilliant in ML until playing today, but every in single game I playd there were absolute bullshit goals against me. From bizarre deflections passing through bodies and perfectly into a player's stride, to constant through balls where my defenders suddenly don't know where to stand. It's as if the game has flicked a switch midway through my season and activated some kind of cheat mode or something. Crazy.

Final straw was that I was beating Juventus 1-0 into the last five minutes. They score a goal from a 70-yard through pass where the COM made my defenders just walk the opposite direction to the ball, then in injury time they won the game 2-1 fom yet another through pass I could do nothing about. Their attacker hit an awful, weak shot at my keeper, who could have trapped the ball with his foot it was that bad. Instead, he oddly fell to his knees and just let the ball hit him and it rebounded straight to the one other player in the box who had an empty net for the goal. Fucking rubbish.

This for sure was not happening in the first half of my ML season. Maybe it's because it's on Superstar, maybe it's hardwired into the game, but it's awful. Aside from the cheating I'm been fed up all morning trying to stop the game from turning it into a basketball game. But playing it today has highlighted a huge number of big and small issues that I can't ignore any more.

Last edited:
Today on as the world turns, will supertalk finally get a divorce from that sexy bitch ms pes, or will they continue there love hate relationship! Stay tuned .....

Ha, divorce I think.

I stupidly went back for another game this evening and ended up throwing the pad on the floor in a fit of game rage. Got knocked out of the cup quarter finals 3-1 against Inter thanks to three fucking hilariously pathetic goals.

First goal, a free kick that went straight into the wall, yet somehow passed through my player's torso before dramatically changing course and rolling into the empty net as my keeper had dived the other way. No shit. The ball passed through my defender's body and changed direction to go the opposite direction the keeper went.

Second goal, even worse. My midfielder had the ball just inside his own half, got slide tackled, but the ball flew off the COM player's leg so fast that it zipped 45 yards down the pitch and my keeper stood like a lemon and watched it dribble past him, hitting a post and rolling along the line before stopping about a foot over the line. Knocked out of the cup quarter final because a guy scored from 45 yards with a sliding tackle.

Coincidence? Given that this type of stuff happened last time I played ML, then no. Just outrageous cheating. The amount of goals I've conceded playing this stupid game that were freakish, bizarre goals, and every time goals that put me out of a competition, well, all I can say is Konami clearly don't give a shit about leaving their customers feeling cheated by their product. So many people complained about it in previous games yet they've actively made it worse this time round.

To suuuuuuuupertalk, et al.

Yeah, the game is bonkers in so many ways. And then it has moments of pure inspiration.

I made it out of relegation my first year as the albion by two points. I was actually about six from the drop zone after winter break but then lost nine straight games. I don't know why in this game it is easier to beat or draw with the top teams and easier to lose to bottom feeders--for me, that signals some weird stuff in the code.

I don't know how i kept my patience though. Perhaps having already accepted the goal of merely staying out of relegation kept me calm. I think i had four games in which the cpu scored in the first two or three minutes with what seemed like the first kick of the match.

Stop playing cup matches. The cpu is bonkers. I think group stage stuff is fine when you qualify, but any single game elimination matches are too absurd.

So i've got things set up as most now: development off, offside off, defensive preference, fully unassisted, manual shot. But i would also recommend, if you play something approximating a 442 or anything without designated wingers, to alway play with the 'opposite side attack' tactic on all the time. This keeps you sidemidfielders and side backs from coming inside when the play is on the other wing. Aside from the obvious benefit of switching sides, etc. it also keeps the alleys filled to prevent the notorious cpu counter from bombing down an empty side.

For me the game is very meanspirited. It goes against the grain of what i always loved about japanese games--fun uber alles.

Yeah, the game is bonkers in so many ways. And then it has moments of pure inspiration.

I made it out of relegation my first year as the albion by two points. I was actually about six from the drop zone after winter break but then lost nine straight games. I don't know why in this game it is easier to beat or draw with the top teams and easier to lose to bottom feeders--for me, that signals some weird stuff in the code.

I don't know how i kept my patience though. Perhaps having already accepted the goal of merely staying out of relegation kept me calm. I think i had four games in which the cpu scored in the first two or three minutes with what seemed like the first kick of the match.

Stop playing cup matches. The cpu is bonkers. I think group stage stuff is fine when you qualify, but any single game elimination matches are too absurd.

So i've got things set up as most now: development off, offside off, defensive preference, fully unassisted, manual shot. But i would also recommend, if you play something approximating a 442 or anything without designated wingers, to alway play with the 'opposite side attack' tactic on all the time. This keeps you sidemidfielders and side backs from coming inside when the play is on the other wing. Aside from the obvious benefit of switching sides, etc. it also keeps the alleys filled to prevent the notorious cpu counter from bombing down an empty side.

For me the game is very meanspirited. It goes against the grain of what i always loved about japanese games--fun uber alles.

It's that effin' teamvision thing. I hate it. The game really, really wants to be able to play effectively against you, on Superstar at any rate, but no sooner do you have a formation and team set up that sees the game play more realistically, the COM goes and changes the opposition tactics to try and stretch the game out and make it more end-to-end, because breakaways are the only way it can succeed against you on a regular basis.

It's so frustrating. Underneath the surface is a fantastic football game, which has the potential to play out a really tight, midfield battle. But this teamvision thing keeps trying to avoid this so it can play the game at high speed and with little midfield play.

It's that effin' teamvision thing. I hate it. The game really, really wants to be able to play effectively against you, on Superstar at any rate, but no sooner do you have a formation and team set up that sees the game play more realistically, the COM goes and changes the opposition tactics to try and stretch the game out and make it more end-to-end, because breakaways are the only way it can succeed against you on a regular basis.

It's so frustrating. Underneath the surface is a fantastic football game, which has the potential to play out a really tight, midfield battle. But this teamvision thing keeps trying to avoid this so it can play the game at high speed and with little midfield play.

Yeah, it amazes me that PES couldn't imagine a game in which the midfield passes back the CBs who pass back to the GK. This is certainly the most fundamental aspect of the tactical game. I learned this in my intramural team in 5th or 6th grade. When in doubt, pass back to midfield, back to cb, back to gk, then start again. I can't say that I have ever seen a purposeful back pass to the keeper in any iteration of PES. And yet I see two dozen for each team in any real-life game. How could they miss that?

--good day

What's this opposite side attack tactic?

What's this opposite side attack tactic?

On the screen where you can choose offside trap on or off and automatic substitutions on or off you can also choose for tactics for your d-pad. One of your choices is "opposite side attack" which keeps your wide players wide, generally speaking, unless you break into the box with the ball. I don't mean to use it as an actual tactic, but to keep some semblance of shape to your formation, especially when the cpu counterattacks (and of course, it will counterattack).

Do you mean 'swap wings' because that's the only option that's remotely to similar to that which I have

I'l have to check when I get home. But just to make sure we are on the same screen--

so on the screen where you can turn offside on or off and formation changes on or off and you can set your offensive and defensive preference, can't you also choose a tactic for each of the four d-pad directions?

so CB overlap is up
offside trap is down
I forget the third tactic
and then the fourth is 'opposite side attack' or, as you say, swap wings?

Whatever it is called, that's the one that I mean. When playing a game, always put that tactic on by choosing the direction on the d-pad. It will help you so much in defense by keeping your opposite side honest and in good formation so that the cpu can't just bomb down the empty side because your players ran into the box!

Having said that, it also does limit your offense a bit because your opposite side may not join in the box for, for example, a far post cross. If you watched Hotspurs under Arry Redknap then you know what I mean...
--good day!

Last edited:
guys,

can someone give me a good advice,
i`m playing MLO and i love the game.....but i cannot find a good formation inclusive sliders (i played with the formations long ball, ball possesion etc.) it does not work for me.....
I like to play on standard formation but can`t find the right sliders that work (for me) i would like to keep my defensive line back (but they always follow the attackers up the de midfield line when i have the ball)
i always got beaten by long ball abussers, when i lose the ball up front then there is a lot of space behind my defensive line!!!

The only thing i want is a formation with sliders that has a closed defence (i love to play with 2 CF)
i almost tried everything 5 defenders, 3 CB etc....please help!!!

Thx for any reaction...

Back
Top Bottom