PC Joypad Help!!!!

Bunford

Non-League
12 May 2007
I've been playing PES2008 on the PC for a few weeks now. However, I'm struggling to dribble due to a technical PC issue.

I bought a PSX to PC adapter to use my PS2 controller on the PC. However, the right analogue stick did not seem to function in game, meaning I couldn't do any of the tricks to dribble past people. When I go into settings (within the C:\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 folder) and choose to use control pad, it comes up and allows me to select the button configuration and the right analogue stick works here. However, it is a bit wonky initially, meaning that when i press it up it says right on the screen and when i press left it claims i'm pushing up. I can change these though so that the directions match what I'm choosing. However, this does not work in game.

I then went out and bought a PC specific wireless joypad (which cost me a lot!) and it's exactly the same. It registers in settings, though wrong directions initially until I configure it, and then it does not work at all in game.

Anyone else had these issues? Anyone able to help?

yes i have same issue, i then recalibrate my joypad
Control Panel -> Gaming Option -> Select your gamepad
test there and recalibrate

the joypad setting on settings.exe really mess up, you need to reconfigure it (misplace directional key and L1/L2/R1/R2 issue)

however if you were very lucky to buy usb-psx joypad that have cd driver (as i'm not) you can use their driver to fix the issue

Back
Top Bottom