PC Gaming

your processor will do fine.If it don't run smoothly on highest settings ,it will be graphics card.
From the requirements you meet the recommended.Demo will tell tho.

My PC-specs at the moment are:

Processor: i7-2600 CPU 3.40Ghz
RAM: 8 GB (8GB usable)
System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) x64-processor
Video card: Nvidia Geforce 545 2 GB

The only thing I have to replace is the video card. I want to buy a MSI/Asus Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 650 2GB. Will that be OK to play FIFA 15 flawlessly?

I will be shocked if a 650GTX could run FIFA 15 flawlessly.
The 650 is not a very good card.

Save some money and get something more powerful.

Sounds a lot like ONeDrive - OnLive - Onshite or whatever the hell it was called...

What happened to them?????

Well according to this:

Last year, Square Enix explained that its cloud gaming project would not be like PlayStation Now or OnLive. Those services offer streaming games, but Shinra Technologies will be more focused on the cloud. "[Shinra Technologies] replaces the console with a supercomputer," Square Enix told GameSpot.

Doesn't seem they're using the same ways. Not sure how this will turn out.

Shinra breaks the current one-processor, one-user model. Our datacenters feature thousands of CPUs and GPUs working together, providing gamers access to virtually unlimited processing power. Using patented technology, Shinra efficiently shares gameplay resources — we create massive simulations for a massive number of users, with no client-side synchronization needed. To do this, Shinra allocates processing power for each component of a game (physics, AI, and rendering) on demand to meet the requirements of each game.

Shinra will transform the way games are created and experienced. Shinra allows game developers to design all-new game experiences at every scope, from complex 3D open-world games to 2D sprite games. For new game designs, Shinra enables features such as Hollywood-quality graphics, distributed physics, and massive living worlds that are fully dynamic — eliminating the need for installations, patches or load times — and allowing for an unprecedented number of players in multiplayer games.

:THINK:

If this ever happened it would kill the PC gaming market, even more so cripple Nvidia, AMD luckily still have processors.

Also as the article stats you would no longer need to buy a GTX 980 GPU, as you could easily get away with something like a 660 for the next 10 years and never have to upgrade.

Just because the consoles are shit doesn't mean that Sony and Microsoft should tell developers to lock games to 30FPS.

I should have added....I think it's nonsense and won't happen, but ties in somewhat with Ubisoft's recent statement about the power of the new consoles (or lack of).

It is nonsense yes... but I can see some truth in it..

Microsoft and Sony have both built really poor/severely underpowered consoles and are now trying to hide it.

As we all know AC Unity will run on my PC at 100FPS @1080p - maxed out.

Another factor is Rift requires 75fps. Frame rate caps won't work if some of these developers want to be a part of something that's potentially a game changer.

Also big console titles like COD and (MS's own) Forza are commited to smooth 60fps gameplay. It would be a contradictory demand.

Have you tried it with Fifa? I just set it to 4x (but I set the smoothness slider the wrong way at 100%) and it ran as smooth as before, I'd say it looks better but it could just be the Placebo effect no pun intended ;) I took some screenies with RadeonPro but they're still at 1080p so either screenies don't take into account the DSR resolution or it's not actually working?

Well it's working, kinda! I see the step I missed now, once I'd enabled 4x in Nvidia control panel there's now a new resolution option of 3840x2160 in Fifa's settings window (the one that starts before you launch the game) I chose that and started Fifa and right away I knew it was working as the fps counter was much smaller in the corner! Unfortunately there's a weird black flicker every 30 seconds or so which makes it too annoying to play, shame as it still runs at 60fps for me!

Here's an unedited screenie click for the fullsize image (warning it's huge):

I'm trying 2x now to see if the flicker is still there (a new resolution option of 2715x1527 appears in the Fifa settings launcher).

Well the good news is that 2715x1527 doesn't have that annoying intermittent flicker, the bad news is it's very aliased, seems you can simply enable every option of DSR factor in Nvidia CP and then it enables all those resolutions in the Fifa launcher so I've enabled all from 2x to 4x and I'll try them all to see if one is more anti-aliased than another :)

I've been getting that flickering too.Here's what I found.Choosing no MSA & 3325x1871 removes the flickering.With no MSA & 3840x2160 there's flickering but not worth it.The flickering is annoying.So try No MSA gives a better results.
I knew that already that when downsampling ,disable any AA ingame as it interferes with DSR.But when I tried it with custom resolution(before DSR) the result was ugly.That's why I didn't try it at first. :)

Same here with the flickering in FIFA using DSR - it's a shame as the game runs smoothly other than that.

Another issue is that if you alt-tab out, and then use alt-enter to put the game into fullscreen again, it ends up in a different (worse) resolution/aspect ratio. This also happens from just downsampling in the traditional way though so isn't a DSR thing.

Quality feature though and hats off to Nvidia for its implementation, it has worked great in the games I've tried it with and allows me to go up to 3840x2160 whereas I could only get it up to 3000x1688 in the classic method of downsampling.

Last edited:
I've been getting that flickering too.Here's what I found.Choosing no MSA & 3325x1871 removes the flickering.With no MSA & 3840x2160 there's flickering but not worth it.The flickering is annoying.So try No MSA gives a better results.
I knew that already that when downsampling ,disable any AA ingame as it interferes with DSR.But when I tried it with custom resolution(before DSR) the result was ugly.That's why I didn't try it at first. :)

Aha didn't know about disabling the AA, makes sense, will give it a try and start with trying the different settings, I do still use the tweaks in Nvidia Inspector so maybe it's better I set the game to default for all and work on the DSR first, does make a nice visual improvement.

Just to confirm we're talking about the same kind of flickering, for me every 30-60 seconds the screen goes almost completely black for about 1-2 seconds?

Yh it's like switching the lights on and off.Sometimes it happens more often.

@Dodecahedron it's a quality feature way better than custom res. BUT I could do 4k with custom it was only flickering that stopped me at 2k.But with DSR I can disable AA and get great results.

Unfortunately from my testing the only DSR resolution that doesn't have the flicker is 2715x1527 so not much of an improvement over 1080p, does seem to have a bit less jaggies though. Guess there's nothing I can do to fix the flicker issue on higher resolutions?

Unfortunately from my testing the only DSR resolution that doesn't have the flicker is 2715x1527 so not much of an improvement over 1080p, does seem to have a bit less jaggies though. Guess there's nothing I can do to fix the flicker issue on higher resolutions?

Just curious. Can you try this with pes6 or 5 if you have them?

Hmm, I think I'm coming "back" to PC gaming. After buying Project Cars on the Xbox One and getting annoyed with the poor framerate and stuttering, I bought it for my PC. Even though I've only got a GTX 680, using the Nvidia Geforce Experience tool to set optimal settings and it runs great! Graphics are superb and framerate is solid too!

Then I fired up Batman Arkham Origins as I remember having some framerate issues with that which put me off a little. Used the Nvidia tool again, solid 60fps and looks brilliant.

So now I'm debating whether to pick up the new Batman and Witcher 3 on the PC rather than Xbox One. I also get a work bonus in June so looking to get a GTX 970, which should hopefully have dropped even further in price if the 980ti and AMD cards are released soon.

Back
Top Bottom