Paul Hunter - R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickybaker

You want SEVEN?
15 October 2003
Essex
The one and only Arsenal
Terrible news that Paul Hunter has died of cancer at the age of 27 leaving a wife and daughter of 10 months behind.

Paul Hunter in my eyes will always be a legend for his naughty antics which used to inspire his comebacks at the Masters.

R.I.P.

:salute:

I went to see him play last year in the Premier League Snooker just before he was diagnosed and his game was off that night, it soon became clear why. This is such a shock though, it was so sudden. Reminds me of when Rocky Rocastle died. Such an excellent player was Paul, the sporting world has lost a mercurial talent. My thoughts go out to his wife and family.

Things like this put everything else into perspective.

He was a great player. I watched him at times and thought "this guy could end up as good as Stephen Hendry" its such a big shame he has been taken away from us. Quite a sad day for all involved. My condolences to his lovely wife and daughter.

DJ

I loved watching him play, absolute legend and he will never be forgoten, R.I.P

Totally shocked when I heard this. Snooker loses one of its stars far too soon. R.I.P

I saw him play Stephen Hendry in Greenock a couple of years ago, he was a great player and will be missed by all fans of the game.:( R.I.P. :(

joostebrood said:
It's true that the chances of other players grow now. I think some might even not be sad about this.

are you fucking kidding me? this is not UFC we are talking about. Why should chances for other players grow? if you are good enough you will play whit the big boys, simple as that. and its not like Paul Hunter would destroy your chances.

i think you are a complete jackass

Easy now my friend. Can't we just have a civilized conversation here without the insults flying around? You clearly have an attitude problem here and I might even forward this to one of the admins, who happen to be very close friends of mine.

Come on now, we all know it's a relief for the other players to not have Hunter in the tournaments, it's like when Senna died or when Lester Piggott got squashed by that horse, sure everybody looked grave and worried but deep down they were hardly able to contain their excitement, "finally I have a chance now". Life is all abouyt survival of the fittest and for modern day snooker players heart attacks are just another factor in an already high octane dangerous sport, only the best manage to become champion and stay there. Sure it's unfortunate he's gone but you have to keep potting the balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom