patch no2?

nickgarratt

A gooner till i die!
20 August 2005
Arsenal
Earlier tonight i started up pro and it offered me another update! considering i've already downloaded the first one am i correct in saying a second patch has been released? i played 1 game online, practically no lag!

i did play another last night and the lag returned. strange that it gave me another update though

I have read somewhere that Xbox LIVE has a number of new backward compabillity titles, so I think the update has to do with that.

Some people just have bad connection sometimes. They might me downloading or uploading or they might have 2 PC's running at the same time in the house, so you'll experience lag from time to time.

When it comes to online gameing in my house , i make sure nothing is running , ie laptop and pc which could hinder my online play but sadly even then the game is still not running properly.

yes there seems to be a lot of nonsense flying about saying people are deliberately downloading stuff to slowdown the connection to cheat - i am running a 6mb connection with absolutely nothing else except pro ev and still in every game get 3000+ lag whenever the ball is in play, it is completely unplayable. it's not because of downloading or other things hogging the connection, its clear that Konami's servers are totally woeful or something in the programming of the game means it doesn't work with certain connections. be interesting to know what ISPs people are on who have bad lag, because I am on talktalk and I know they have limited p2p stuff which could in theory affect a game particularly if it is programmed to work as 1v1. who knows. shite though, as pes6 worked fine.

Icenoodle, the number you are talking about is not the ping, so it does not mean you have a ping of 3000, which would mean your game goes the speed of a snail.
It is the number of data-packages send and if there is a lot of action in the game it can indeed go as high as 3000 data-packages/second.
The only indication for lag is the bars in between those numbers.

Yeah, I thought it seemed unnaturally high to be ping - would have explained the horrendous slowdown though! that is a bizarre stat to put at the top of the screen, why would you let the user know how much data is being sent? what difference does it make to their experience?

Back
Top Bottom