1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

P.S.3 version of Winning Eleven

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by nazzo, 24 August 2006.

1. nazzo

nazzo League 1

1 August 2003
    Kuwait
    We all know that P.E.S 6 (pal) is Xbox360 Exclusive. But they never mentioned that Winning Eleven (ntsc-j) is going to be only for the Xbox360. So there will still be a chance PlayStation3 owners to get WinningEleven earlier than October 2007. (Most likely sometime between late December/early February.)

Last edited: 24 August 2006
  2. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    Winning Eleven isn't affected by this. Oh, and there also isn't a deal between Microsoft and Konami. You might wanna check our front page for news ;)

3. johnny_on

johnny_on Premiership

29 February 2004
    Manchester City
    Spin or no Spin, Deal or no Deal it still means no PES on PS3 until October next year and without PS3 being region free or 'chipped', Winning Eleven will mean nothing to UK and US PS3 owners because you wont be able to play it. So thats me getting a 360.

I was hoping like others that maybe one would come out Feb/March just as a stop gap.

With how expensive the PS3 is gonna be i'm gonna get a 360 and have PES6 for a year and wait for a PS3 price drop.

Last edited: 24 August 2006
  4. Aristoi0

Aristoi0 Non-League

23 August 2006
    My retailer told me the playstation 3 will be region free. So we won't need to chip it anymore.

Cheers.

5. johnny_on

johnny_on Premiership

29 February 2004
    Manchester City
    That is sweet. So when does Japan get its PS3 PES/WE ? arn't they suppose to be joining the PES / WE series ? So does it still mean 12 months ?

Cheers

6. profit90

profit90 Forza Reggina

28 August 2004
    Reggina Calcio

i thought Sony said the PS3 was going to be region free

7. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    Yeah its region free.

8. nazzo

nazzo League 1

1 August 2003
    Kuwait
    Winning Eleven is alwasy a step ahead of pes. For example I had we 10 since April. And P.S.3 is region free which means if ur local retailer doesnt sell winning eleven there is always playasia.

9. nazzo

nazzo League 1

1 August 2003
    Kuwait
    Really? Then why the big fuss in the Xbox forum about how they are the only ones to play the next gen pes for year?

10. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    I think its because there will be a good chance that pes7 wont be released till oct 07 and we11 will likely be back to the normal schedule of aug07. Really hope there is some news regarding pes/we for ps3 as i am seriously considering getting the 360 and pes6 just to tie me over for a year.

11. nazzo

nazzo League 1

1 August 2003
    Kuwait
    True but i recomend you wait for the ps3. The Joypad is perfect for winning eleven. I know some will tell me youll get used to the xbox; however, the reason I bought P.S.2 was because of Winning Eleven 6 F.E.

I had a game cube before buying the ps2 but the Joypad for gamecube was making it hard for me to enjoy winning eleven.

Seabass said that winning eleven is going to be released for ps3 however, he didnt say which one. There is still a chance that Konami can make Winning Eleven 10 on ps3.

And even if we have to wait 1 year for a ps3 version we can still enjoy pes6 on the ps2 since its the same version

12. profit90

profit90 Forza Reggina

28 August 2004
    Reggina Calcio
    i feel the same way

13. nazzo

nazzo League 1

1 August 2003
    Kuwait
    The lack of news about the ps3 version of winning eleven is annoying.

14. Ash29

Ash29 Premier League

24 September 2005
    Liverpool
    aah well.... off to get a 360 then i suppose. sony bolloxed up royally here! 360 is cheaper anyhow and the only game i really ever play is pro evo. the prob with the WE hoping for ps3 is that it will be in japanese, you´ll have to wait till after pes7 for the english version anyways.. before you even mention "editing" no one knows if can succesfully mod next gen games yet... so 360 it is! sony will lose heaps of customers over this ....

15. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    Well i dont know about losing a lot of customers, we are a minority here that will buy a console for one game. Ill still be getting a ps3, but just a year later then planned when pes7 is released. After the konami announcement that pes6 nextgen is only exclusive for 2006 im hoping a jan/feb release of pes6 ps3. Im hoping that they will release some info for ps3 before the pes360 release.

Yeah but ive been playing we10 since it came out, really dont feel like playing the same game for 16-18months.

16. embraceuk1

embraceuk1 Original Member Since 2001

30 December 2001
    Indiana USA (Scottish)
    Nottingham Forest
    They will both be shit on either system anyway.