• Good

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Dead Man

Well they have persuaded him, so is it a Good move or a Bad move?

IMO, Newcastle are gonna be a much better team with Owen than without. Just look at their squad right now. Theres a lot of quality in there.

I'm happy we beat Newcastle before Owen came along. The good news is that now teams like Arsenal and Chelsea still have to go to St James Park.

-dragonskin- said:
Good for Newcastle :lol:
He'll be a god in Newcastle and fire us into Europe hopefully.

Need some pace up front but Man U should of got him and i am gutted.

He apparently has a get out clause that can help him escape easily so really he's just using Newcastle for one season while Liverpool gather some money and then maybe next season he will go back to Anfield.

RuneEdge said:
You just didnt believe me did you?
As we've been linked with so many other players this summer like Anelka, Boa Morte, Govou, Keane and more, I thought Owen was just going to be another name to add to the list. ;)

He only had 2 choices. Liverpool or Newcastle. Liverpool sold him for £8million and Madrid now wanted £18million for him. And apparently, Real Madrid have only paid half of the £8million they owed Liverpool in the first place. So what were the chances of Liverpool meeting Madrids demands considering Newcastle are willing to pay the asking price?

Good as it means when he plays for England he will thrive on playing with quality players rather than the shit at Newcastle ;)

Going back to Liverpool will somehow make him feel as if hes failed in his stint abroad.I think hes made the right choice in joining Newcastle and he can only get better by playin with Shearer,plus he'll get back his favourite number 10 shirt!

jamie_mack said:
Good for Newcastle, bad for him!

My sentiments exactly

Maybe they have some compromising pictures of him and he couldnt say no

Wrong move for Owen, should of went to a better team (e.g Man Utd, Liverpool..etc) which he deserves, but i guess his #1 priority now is 1st team football, so that he can go to the world cup finals..

Assuming its all set to go:
Good for Newcastle.
Good for his England career (as he'll get regular games).
A huge step back for his career - I can't see how he'll improve his game under Souness. Well its his fault anyway for stalling his contract talks with us in the first place.

RuneEdge said:
He apparently has a get out clause that can help him escape easily so really he's just using Newcastle for one season while Liverpool gather some money and then maybe next season he will go back to Anfield.

If this is true then maybe its not a bad move for him. If he can advertise himself well this year, then maybe he'll make a move elsewhere. I can't see how Newcastle will agree to this without a huge buy-out clause though.

Well it was either Newcastle or the bench, if even the bench at Madrid, plus I would'nt exactly say Newcastle were a shit team, all they need is a good striker, they now have 2 so it is time for them to score!!

good move all round

given the choices he had

player for player we are about on a par with liverpool if everyone is fit and on form.

Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal are way above this level and now it will be a fight for 4th spot between newcastle,liverpool and spurs i think.

Yes newcastle only have 1 point but they have man utd and arsenal already played and a tricky away game with bolton out the way. Now they need a good run to get confidence going and i can see them climbing the table rapidly.

remember a few seasons ago with bobby we were bottom after 8 games and still ended up 4th!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Very good for Owen (WC 2006)
Very good for England.
Very good for Newcastle.

And especially good for football...it is not a positive thing that a class player like Owen must sit on the bench...
What Madrid are doing with their galactico's is bad for football (but off-topic).

I dont understand why people are being so negative. Newcastle are the only team thats willing to pay the price. He would have definately chosen another team if they too were willing to pay.

He won't make much difference to Newcastle, nothing can with that manager making the decisions.

He might just save them from relegation.

Owen has tooken a huge step down.

Basically it came down to this, none of the top three wanted him, Benitez didn't fancy him either, Liverpool could not match Newcastle's bid.

It was his only choice I seriously doubt he'll come back to Liverpool anytime soon.(maybe when he's like 33+)

Newcastle have a good team but a real shit manager plus no proper CB partner for Boumsong. Like I said with Luque it could still be two seasons without european football.

Back
Top Bottom