Overated Players

overhyped again, he did some legendary things in his time and you can´t deny that.
Of course not, it's a great player and very professionnal guy, but the hype around him it's always too much and i don't says that because David sign to PSG, i always think that about him.

Yes, that's true.
But he's such a good guy, I almost don't mind. :D

It's much worse when someone like Adel Taraabt gets over-rated which he is. He's a real f'n idiot.

I don´t mind the hype around Beckham at all, i would if he would be good looking and an asshole, but he is a great football ambasador around the world.. a rolemodel with good family life.. and with his money he don´t need to care at all, yet he does for football still...

Must be pure coincidence that you're an Arsenal fan.

:LOL:

It is actually. I think Bale is a very good player, one of the best players in the Premier League. But British media are overrating and overhyping him, Sky does this the most. People are saying he's better than Ronaldo need to get their head checked.

Maybe, but body and hair wise he was never overrated. When he did those boxer short adverts it was just amazing seeing him in his prime, the perfect specimen of man and the hair.....the hair!
ThatsGay.png

pele was overated,never did anything outside the brazilian league
It's not true, he was an outstanding player at continental level (Copa Libertadores) and at world level (Intercontinental Cup and World Cup).

We must take into account that the Brazilian league was probably the best in the world during the 60's.

It's not true, he was an outstanding player at continental level (Copa Libertadores) and at world level (Intercontinental Cup and World Cup).

We must take into account that the Brazilian league was probably the best in the world during the 60's.

True dat :WORSHIP:

Now to answer the topic:

Neymar,
I don't think the league is shite, but there are some very bad defenders, and the refereeing, oh the refereeing, is so ridiculous the sport is played in a different way.
He is pretty much Robinho, flashy once in a while, but doesn't have that awareness to make him a star.

It's too early to say but I have to agree.

I think Neymar can become a very good player but right now, he's far from it.

The comparison with Robinho is spot on! We know how INCREDIBLY HYPED Robinho was and how he was ALWAYS over-rated. End result? A good player but nowhere near what people thought he would become. He was fast and a good dribbler but lacked decision making, professionalism and many other attributes that true greats have.

I suspect Neymar will turn out a little better than Robinho did but not the god some think he will become.

Back
Top Bottom